Migny Hotel Paris Opera Montmartre

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Looks Like I Got The Family Room!

I'm not sure whether the location of this hotel is officially in Montmartre or not; it doesn't seem that close to the Opera either! But I suppose any marketing is good marketing and Paris hotels really do have to compete for their customers. Name aside tho', this was a perfectly adequate hotel for my requirements. The location is perhaps 10 minutes walk up to Montmartre proper and the Opera also within easy walking distance. The nearest Metro is Pigalle, down a short Avenue and round the corner and is very easy to find (and the walk is an interesting one!).

The hotel has 50 rooms spread over 6 floors (it does have a lift) in a characterful old Parisienne town house with little touches of elegance. Rooms are fairly basically furnished, as expected at the cheaper end of the market, slightly shabby but spotlessly clean. I struck lucky with being assigned a family room for my 2-night single stay, and so ended up with a huge space which I didn't really need, therefore I can't comment on the standard rooms.

Price-wise this was at the lower end of the market and my 69 Euro single rate (booked direct) included a simple, but more than adequate, self-service breakfast with as much coffee as you want plus orange juice, cereals, croissant, bread roll, cheese, salami and preserves - all the usual stuff (tho' I should note that on both my mornings I was first up and so whilst it was in tip-top condition then, I don't about later). The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi which is another plus (but I hadn't travelled with my laptop this trip and so can't comment on that either).

The reception staff are friendly, helpful and multi-lingual and check-in and check-out nice and simple.

The only minor grumble that I can contribute is about the plumbing. There was a separate WC and shower/bath room. The WC was fine but the plumbing in the other room was definitely quirky. The sink was almost elegant, being a glass bowl on a black pedestal with chomework supports. However it leaked when I first ran the water. Loking to see why I found that the drainage hose was a bit of loose concertina plastic tube running into what should have been the drain pipe but was slightly off-target and so I had to adjust it myself. The shower option was the hose and rose type but with nowhere to affix it to the wall - but I prefer a bath anyway. So neither of these was a major problem.

Yep, the name and the plumbing aside, well recommended if the price is right!

Unique Quality: One word of warning though - the advertised 24 hour bar doesn't seem to exist as such, but you are welcome to have a drink with the night manager!

Directions: Down Avenue Frochot from Metro Pigalle, past the Hostess Bars, take the first left where the Le Frochot bar is and the hotel is about halfway along the street on the right.

More about Migny Hotel Paris Opera Montmartre

Choice of Hotels

by redheadgrl

Hi all! Can anyone help recommend a hotel? I have a selection, but I don't know which is best hotel in the a good location. My choices are:

Les Hauts de Passy
Migny Opera Monmartre
Inter Hotel Roma
Hotel Moderne St. Germain

Thank you for any advice!! Happy New Year!

RE: Choice of Hotels

by Roadquill

You have really picked them from all over Paris. Better give us an idea of what you want to do in Paris, i.e. for late night partying it is probably better to stay near the Latin Quarter or the Marais rather than Opera.
Hauts de Passy did not pass the tripadvisor test, see
The second one plays out better but staying in Mont Martre puts you a metro ride from the city center and you will need a taxi to get back late at night.
I would need an address for Inter Hotel Roma
The last is very close to many must see's,

You should check out some of the lodging tips here on VT,
Also, what are you looking for in a hotel?
Have a great trip, Karl

RE: RE: Choice of Hotels

by redheadgrl

Wow, thanks! I took whatever came up affordable on expedia ($75-90/night) and didn't have too-bad reviews. I don't know the layout of Paris at all though. I don't need to be near sights, but I do want a nice hotel (not scary, not too cheap) in a good neighborhood, hopefully where Parisans themselves like to eat & drink.

Comments