Millennium Charles de Gaulle Paris

More about Paris

Pont Alexandre III, ParisPont Alexandre III, Paris

Bakery & Candy Shop, ParisBakery & Candy Shop, Paris

Panthéon - mixed decorPanthéon - mixed decor

Take the bus tourTake the bus tour

From CDG to Pigalle Station

by jnogen

I'm traveling with my wife to Paris next April.I'd like to know how to get to
Pigalle station from CDG and if possible any reasonable priced restaurant in that aerea.Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: From CDG to Pigalle Station

by Beausoleil

There are a couple possible routes. The quickest would be take the RER-B from CDG and get off at Gare du Nord. Transfer to Metro line #4 direction of Porte de Clignancourt and go only one stop. Get off at Barbes-Rochechouart and transfer to line #2 direction of Ave. Foch and go two stops to Pigalle.

You can check other options at http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_5000/accueil/

Enjoy Paris.

Re: From CDG to Pigalle Station

by jnogen

Thanks a lot for sharing your in formation.We're looking forward to have a good time in April in Paris,thanks again.

Travel Tips for Paris

Paris, Jean-Louis and Lila

by Basaic

Paris is a wonderful city that is great to visit. My favorite things? The sights, the atmosphere, and a few of the people. Yes, I did meet more than my share of rude Parisians but on one of my earliest trips I also met a great older couple. We drank wine, I listened to their stories (they were in Paris during World War II and saw when Hitler came), and I rode all around Paris with them in one of those cars nicknamed a "duck" (frequently on 2 wheels he was a crazy driver). I also remember a few nice Parisian girls; but that is another discussion.

I lived in Paris for 20 years....

by sriam

I lived in Paris for 20 years. And I think the thing that you have to do is to spend couple of hours drinking a coffee or a beer in a typical french bistro.
Here are some very nice places :
Le Lutece in Paris 5 (big terrasse in summer in front St Michel and La Seine)
Le Mederic in Paris 17 (a very familial place in front the school where I spent 5 years a lot of student) I think the first you gonna miss when you leave Paris is the good looking girls

THIS IS NOT A DREAM! IT IS PARIS!

by lmkluque

Climb any of the highest points of Paris at night and discover'The City Of Lights!'

Of course the phrase, "City of Lights," refers to the "Intellectual Light" oozing from this inspiring city, but a night view of Paris from Sacre Coure, Tour Montparnasse or any other elevated spot will enhance the meaning of, 'The City Of Lights' when the spectacular panorama that is Paris comes into view.

The streets are narrow and short, by American standards, the cars are small, and people drive as if training for Le Mans.

In fact, on my first visit, the habits of city drivers were so unnerving that I kept looking at the sides of cars to find evidence of misjudgement, there was very little. The smell of freshly baked bread. The breeze rushing past my face while walking purposefully down the steps of LE METRO, to catch the train.

A city teeming with marvelous buildings that have style and a method of design that brings to mind great moments of history.

The liting sounds of French speakers surrounding me like a dream. My fondest memory was to realize that it wasn't a dream, it was really Paris.

Attempting to choose the best memory of Paris is an overwhelming task, which must begin and end with FRIENDS.

All my fondest memories of Paris include spending time with my generous, thoughtful and gracious friends. It was quite exciting to tag along as they moved from one narrow, charming street to another, at a steady clip, stopping occasionally at a bakery, a cheese shop, a fruit stand, a meat shop and finally, settling in a gorgeous spot to savor the meal just gathered and catch up on events that had occurred since our last meeting.

Shoppers beware

by Marcher01

When visiting Paris for a shopping Weekend be warned... a great deal of the shops close on Sundays. I dragged my wife around The Louvre all day Saturday saying that she can have a whole day shopping up and down the Champs-Elysee on the Sunday... All we could find open were a few coffee shops and a street market and the Paris branch of Marks & Spencers (similar to one 3 miles away from us in England) - I did treat her to Champagne up the Eiffel Tower.

Political Commentary

by shrimp56

Discussions of politics are bread and butter to the French. The picture shows one of the wonderful oversized advertisements in the metro. It is obviously encouraging us to vacation in Senegal. The graffiti written on the poster invite us to consider the exploitation of local people. The comment on the bottom translates as "my brain is not for sale!"

Comments