Neuilly Park Hotel

23 Rue Madeleine Michelis, Metro (1) : Sablons, Neuilly-sur-Seine, Ile-de-France, 92200, France
Neuilly Park
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Place de la BastillePlace de la Bastille

Inside of the LouvreInside of the Louvre

the towerthe tower

stained glass windowsstained glass windows

Paris transport

by Purush

I ( & my 2 kids) will be staying in a hotel at Rue De Paris (Arrond.12 or 20). I need to know:

1. Which Metro/ RER should I take to Eiffel Tower / Champs Elysees & how much time will it take ?
2. How to reach from Paris Gare De Lyon station to this Area (I think distance is not too much, may be around 2.00 Km) ?

3. From Hotel to CDG Airport (which Metro/ RER) to take and approx. time

4. And for travelling to these places whether I need to buy separate tickets or one ticket (means that Carnet of 10) will do ? And do I use one ticket per trip for example I am travelling from Gare De Lyon to Eiffel Tower and get to change 2 RERs & 1 Metro, do I use 3 tickets from this Carnet ?

5. For travelling between these places, is it advsable to buy 'Paris Visite' pass ? I think that is valid in all (RER/Metro/Bus/ Trams)- somewhere I read that it is Zone-wise, if that is the case if I change a Zone then a different pass would be required or what ?- I am not sure how does it work ? And are the Zones same as Arrondisement?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

by Purush

Thanks Pedmar. Really appreciate.

I will be staying at Citea Charenton (Apt.) located at Rue De Paris (which is located at Paris 94220) which I hope is part of Paris Suburb. As I understand it is at Port De Charenton station on Line 8.

If I buy Zone 1-3 pass, will that cover the places like Eiffel Tower, Disneyland, Louvre, CDG Airport etc. or Zone 1-6 pass is required ?

So far what I have understood is that:
1. For going to Eiffel Tower:Take Line 8 from Port De Charenton(PDC) to Ecole Militare and from there It should be walking?- Here I think only one ticket will do...Right?
2. For CGD Airport: Take Line 8 from PDC then Line 5 to Gare Du Nord and then Line-B for CGD Airport- here I will have to use 3 ickets as I am changing 3 lines..right?

Thanks once again.

Regards

Dear Pedmar

Thanks for Info. However one small clarification is 'Paris Visite' valid in RER/ METRO/TRAMS/BUS all or any condition ?

And as long as I am going in one direction on different lines(may it be 5 or 8 or 6) only one ticekt will do ?

Further I see Paris Visite pass giving certain discounts incl. on entry to Disneyland however when I checked Disneyland site it does not talk about any discount and one day ticket is stated to be GBP 48 for Adult and GBP41 for a child.

by Beausoleil

Explanation of regular tickets is at http://www.ratp.info/touristes/index.php?langue=en&rub=decouvrir&cat=ticket-t&page=presentation

Explanation of Paris Viste Pass is at http://www.ratp.info/touristes/index.php?langue=en&rub=decouvrir&cat=paris-visite

If you get the Pass, you must buy one for each member of your party. The tickets in the carnets may be shared among you.

You probably will need a multi-zone pass and they cost more. This info is also at the web site above. We've never stayed that far out of town so I really can't help beyond giving you the web sites. As long as you stay underground in the Metro system, you don't need another ticket but once you go through the turnstyle, you will need a new ticket to re-enter the subway area. You can use tickets and passes on bus, Metro and RER . . . within the zone limitations.

Zones are not the same as arrondissements. An arrondissement is an administrative district. The transportation zones are based on distance and may go across several administrative zones (arrondissements.)

Travel Tips for Paris

See Paris from a great height!

by mazzap

The two highest points in Paris are the top of the Eiffel Tower and the top of the Montparnasse Tower.

The views are stunning from both. It is great to look across from each one and see the other too! So, if you are trying to decide which one - do both if you can! If time is not on your side, the Montparnasse Tower will definately have a shorter queue!

Ask elderly Parisians not the younger ones

by joiwatani

This is my personal experience that when I asked directions, I usually get kinder and more courteous answers from elderly Parisians than those younger ones. When I was asking for the direction of a particular restaurant where we were holding a VT Paris meeting, the more polite ones are the elderly Parisians.

Most taxi drivers are very helpful, too. But, it is really frustrating to ask anybody because they don't really try to speak English at all. So, it is best to have a map and a notebook all the time so you can write down the address and the person you are asking will read the address rather than trying to pronounce or saying it.

The streets in Paris are don't have the same signage as the United States. When you are driving, you cannot really see the street sign. Parisians are well-know to be arrogant and snobbish. But, defnitely, there are also nice Parisians especially the older ones. They kind of love to help in a way. They sometimes sit down on the benches on the streets and wait for the time to pass away...

Autumn in Paris ...

by shrimp56

I know the song goes "April in Paris...", but I'm one of those Paris-nuts who thinks any season is just fine!!! Here we have autumn 2004, with a view of the Seine and Places des Vosges. Watching the monuments and scenery change with the seasons and time of day ... preferably from a seat in a cafe!!

Kissy Kissy

by maritoni

I've encountered a middle eastern man who operates a store behind our hotel -as I was paying for my purchases of soda and water, he tried to make a small talk and asked where I am from -- my heritage - because he guessed incorrectly (all the countries in Asia he knew)... as I was about to leave, he tried to get a kiss from me - he practically leaned forward to kiss me! Goodness gracious! I bent my head at that instant and his lips landed in my head instead... I run out of there so quick and never came back...

I dont know if this is normal in the French Culture - but it is not in mine... Scarry is more the word.

Pack A Travel Alarm Clock

by CALSF

A typical Parisian hotel doesn't equip its rooms with alarm clocks as is standard in the US. You can always request the reception desk to set-up an automatic wake-up call if you need that. But if you wish to know the time in your room you need to bring a travel alarm clock with you. There are some brands that include feature a built-in flashlight also.

Comments