Niel Elysees

bConciergeriebConciergerie

Avenue De Camoëns, ParisAvenue De Camoëns, Paris

a vew from the Eiffel Towera vew from the Eiffel Tower

beautiful Carrara angelbeautiful Carrara angel

When to leave for airport

by foona

We are booking a shuttle to pick us up and bring us to the airport in the morning. Our flight take off time from Orly, is 10:45 am. At what time should we ask to be picked up? Is 07:00 ok?

Thanks!

Re: When to leave for airport

by micas_pt

Hi,

When asking for a transport I always say what time I want to be at the airport and where I am leaving from, then I ask the transporter advice on how long does it take. The transporter should know better than anyone how long does it take to arrive at the ariport at that time of day, if there is a strike, or other thing that may cause traffic or delay.

Enjoy your trip.
Alexandra

Re: When to leave for airport

by foona

Thanks. Will do.

Travel Tips for Paris

Best time to Visit PARIS

by kenyneo

1 ) If you are coming to Paris , try to come on the first Sunday of the month coz lots of museums are FREE ! Yu are gonna save a lot coz there are so many Museums in Paris ....

( Dont miss - Musee de Louvre , Musee De Orsay ) , even one of these are gonna take you at least half a day . I spend 6 hours in Louvre but I managed to see what I wanted.

2) Else come during September when the whole Europe celebrates European Heritage Days ( have to check respective sites ), was there when Paris celebrated the Heritage Day so my visit to Notre Dame tower, Pantheon and La Conciergerie were FREE !

In need of a toilet ??

by pfsmalo

There are over 400 public toilets in Paris, and they are FREE !!!!! Known as "sanisettes" they have automatic cleaning facilities. Have been free since February 2006. At the site below you can find a listing with maps of each "arrondissement" that you'll have to download as an e-book, and costs 2.80 euros. Can be also seen and downloaded in English.

www.paris.pause-pipi.fr

Concorde

by bugulma

The largest place in Paris is Concorde Place. The place was built in 1763 and it has the statue of Louis XV, the King of those times. During the Revolution it was the awful place, place of blood. Exactly on this place the guillotine was here that executed Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette, Danton, Robespierre and 2800 (!!) others in period 1793-1795 (in average, 2-3 deaths per day). Today view of the place is maintained since 1836 when viceroy of Egypt, Mohamed Ali, gave the obelisk of the entrance to Luxor tower in Amon, 23 meters high.
Place de la Concorde is near of Tuileries Garden, near of Louvre. The station near by is Concorde, metro lines 1, 8 and 12.

Mondays and Tuesdays

by sourbugger

Due to the fact that the major museums operate weekends, it is still customary for the major museums to shut one day within the working week.

Whilst this is an inconvenience, it is of course possible to plan around it.

Places live the Lourve and the Pompidou shut on Tuesdays and the Orsay on Mondays.

Check out the websites of the museums you plan to visit in order to confirm details and plan accordingly.

Dream a little dream

by aemilys

Books of course. You will need something to read on the plane, on the train or just on your couch as you dream of Paris. I've still got my old 1986 guide from my first voyage. You must keep these preciously.

I also recommend "How Proust Can Change Your Life" by Alain de Botton. Unfortunately I've given my last copy away but I really do think that your Paris (and even French) experience will be much better if you read this before you come...how I wish I had a Celeste to take care of me and a Madame Strauss to correspond with...

Comments