8 Place Marguerite de Navarre, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Suet's Profile Photo

Novotel Chatelet Des Halles

Hubby always goes to Novotel Chatelet les Halles. Very central, constant standard of cleanliness and care and around 180 euros a night for a standard room The executive suites can be 270-350 Euros a night..

One thing you might want to take into account is the ongoing building and construction of the Forum les Halles. It starts around 7.00am but stops around 16.30pm. Lots of hammering drilling and sawing, but the hotel has excellent soundproofing. It also means that you are within 20 yards from the Metro which is also very central.

The service at this hotel is exemplary. There was a strike by the cleaning staff last year and as the demonstration disturbed me in the corridor outside my room, the manager very kindly gave me a free night with breakfast as compensation. Most welcome.

You do have to be very careful when booking your room on their website. They offer special deals on the executive suites, on occasion. However, the special price that you see may not necessarily be for the whole of your stay. The rates can change, so before you press the *I just booked myself a room for which I need a loan to finance* button, MAKE SURE you check that the rates have not gone up.

On this last trip in May 2012, the petit dejeuner (breakfast) was an astounding 19 Euros. Yes, all you can eat, yes, an extremely good selection of cooked meats and cold cuts, fruit, cereals, juices, tea coffee and breads, but there is a limit to what anyone can actually eat first thing in the morning. You can get a tea or coffee and a croissant or bread and butter around the corner in a cafe for around 7 Euros. If you are a family or a couple and staying for eg a week, this can save you a few Euros which you can spend elsewhere.

There is a slight drawback if you happen to open the fridge door while exploring your room. Even if you don't remove anything to eat or drink from it, a man appears like magic in about half an hour to restock the fridge for you. This can be very annoying, especially if you want to use the fridge to store your own bottle of wine, fresh milk for your morning tea (they have a kettle and tea and coffee in the room) or any perishables that you have bought for a midnight snack. You can mention this to Reception and it will be taken care of.

Make full use of the room safe to store your valuables. Due to pickpockets and thieves on the metro, it's best to take only the money you need for the day and a copy of your passport. You can sometimes be stopped by con artists who pretend they are police and want to see your documents and how much money you have, especially around the Eiffel Tower and in Montmarte/Sacre Coeur area. I would advise that you keep your Euros/credit cards in various pockets so that you don't lose everything to these pickpockets. Especially be beware of groups of young girls/teenagers who surround you, ask the time, jostle you, grab your hand to see the time, those petition/signature collectors on the bridges (a scam tro distract you while someone else picks your pockets).

Unique Quality: Nice little tea garden. You can see the Sacre Coeur from the window of room 520, plus a great deal of the Parisian skyline. Right next to the Metro. Within walking distance of Rue de Rivoli for shopping. 10 minutes walk from the river Seine. Good hotel for EuroDisney.

Directions: Look for signs to Forum les Halles. Close to Rue de Rivoli.

• First Trip to Paris

Yes, our first trip to Europe, I wanted to spend New Yrs Eve under the "Tower", which we did, we walked everywhere for a week despite very cold temps! I was a bit disappointed in the hotel, I know they don't really favor Americans and we tried our best. The trip was planned for a year and NO smoking rooms were requested, of course upon arrival a non-smoking room was not available. With asthma and allergies, NO smoke is a must. The rooms are not very up to date and they could use some refurbishing.

I'm used to friendly hospitality and did not find it at this establishment, live and learn. The breakfasts were terrific however.

In all honesty, I would not return to this hotel.

Unique Quality: The view of St. Eustache was the best part!

• iaint's Profile Photo

Ideal location

Its Novotel so you know what to expect in terms of standards. Clean, comfortable, reliable, good value.
    I stayed there with my young son when we went to Eurodisney - just took the RER out there each day. That was better than staying "on site" with the rip off hotels and restaurants. This way you have all of Paris to choose from.
    Location is a big plus factor for this place. Its right by the big Chatelet - Les Halles RER & Metro station where everything seems to intersect. So you can get anywhere in Paris from here, no problems. Its also where you get RER to CDG airport, and to Orlyval for Orly.
    Plenty restaurants nearby, and sights as well.

Unique Quality: Reliability and location

Directions: Near Chatelet-Les Halles RER + Metro

• ssalatin's Profile Photo

Sweet Deal!

The room was nice and within walking distance to the louvre. I loved how the toilet and shower were in separate rooms.

Unique Quality: The bath tub was big enough for me to lay down and comfortably take a bath in. After walking around in Rome for two days, I needed it!

Directions: Around the corner from the Les Halles subway stop

• Deise05's Profile Photo

Great Location and Service

I LOVED this hotel. The location is great; we were able to walk to most of the attractions like Louvre museum. The staff was helpful and professional. The room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom very modern. The toilet was located in a separeted room than the shower and the sink, but that made it easier for me and my husband to get ready faster. Also it was in a walking distance from local bakeries were we had the most delicious breakfast ever! The local people are nice if you try to speak their language, we didn't know any France only the words listed on our travel guide, however once we tried they offered to speak English.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo

Good Value - Good Location

We have stayed in this hotel twice and were very satisfied on both occasions. It is a modern facility in a good location and offers a fine breakfast. On our last visit it was filled with French families visiting Euro-Disney.

• A good 3 star hotel

A good 3 star hotel in the city cener within walking distance from the louvre, the opera the notre dame and the halles dpt store. Rooms are big and clean, with good bathrooms and the breakfast was good. Many restaurants near the hotel. A metro station is close to the hotel, too. But, the area is not so safe at night. The hotel is also a bit overpriced for a 3 star rating.
    When i stayed it had 3 stars, now it has 4. I think it is a very good 3-3.5 star hotel for Paris but not a 4 star.

• A good 3 star hotel

More about Novotel Paris Les Halles

very nice remodeled room -great location

by TripAdvisor Member jif

Paris France
March 6-March9,2006

We agree with the last review. Stayed in room 255 inside room overlooking a small courtyard. Our room was a deluxe queen bed and a sleeper sofa. We had 3 people in our room (our teenage daughter on spring break.) I will say that when her bed was out it was a little crowded. Other than that we would stay there again. Last October of 05 my husband and I stayed at Novotel Eiffel Tower and we paid more and there wasn't as much around there (such as cafes and grocery, bakery, and stores.) We would choose this one again! The hotel people gave us a map on where things were and we used that with the taxi driver when we were leaving the Eiffel Tower on a raining night and he knew exactly where it was. Yes they are still renovating above us and they told us 9-6 each day. We didn't mind because we knew we would not be around. Great, Great, Great value.

great location in Paris

We spent four nights in Paris at the Novotel Les Halles. The location is great, steps from the Pompodou center, 10 minute walk to the Seine, 15-20 minutes to the Louvre and Notre Dame. Hotel has recently been remodeled with nicely furnished adequate sized rooms, good beds, roomy bathrooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. On the downside, we had to pay a 25 euro surcharge to get a remodeled room, even on a cold November day, the room was warm unless the window was opened a bit, noise could be a problem if the hotel was full.

Novotel les halles, Paris, France

by gg7011

Do they have bathrooms in all rooms and do these bathrooms have showers?

by OiKnow

You are kidding aren't you? Only the lowliest of 1 star hotels would have shared baths, Novotel is an up-scale chain. Have you looked at the hotel web-site?

David

by nygaston

Yes, you will have a bathrrom with the shower if you pay extra !
LOL!

by arv1

You will be staying in one of the best places in Paris, right in the centre! You will not have to worry about not having little comforts!

Comments