Paname Hotel Bastille

Rated 18% higher but also costs 64% more than other 2 star hotels

More about Paris

L'Open Tour, ParisL'Open Tour, Paris

Batobus boat, ParisBatobus boat, Paris

view from the tour eiffelview from the tour eiffel

Chateau facadeChateau facade

Airport to Disneyland

by nilin

Dear Vters,

Greetings!!!

I'm coming from Pisa to Paris and having following two options to reach this wonderful City.

1) To reach Paris Beauvais Airport at 17.30 by Ryanair flight, &
2) To reach Paris Orly Airport at 18.20 by easyjet flight.

I've to attend Disneyland Halloween Party which starts around 20.30.

Please suggest me which flight to be choose from the above two.

If possible, please also let me know the easiest & cheapest way to reach to Disneyland from both the airports.

Also suggest me on the Budget accommodation near to that area, as i've to keep my luggage at some place before leaving to Disney land.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nilin

by christine.j

I think neither of these flights will get you to the Halloween party in time.
You want to get your bag after arrival, find your way to a hotel, check in and leave your bag, find your way to Disneyland, deal with the ticket office/security check there and you only have 2 or 3 hours for all of this.
Beauvais is some way from Paris, by the way.
I'd advise you to fly into Paris in the morning.

by hawkhead

I agree - it will take you the best part of an hour or more for the journey from Beauvais to Porte Maillot, then you have to do everything else. Fly in in the morning, or at least mid-afternoon.

by leics

I agree too. You will not be out of the airport much less than an hour after landing, whichever flight you take.

There is a direct bus shuttle from both airports. But from Beauvais it takes 2.5 hours. From Orly it takes around 45 minutes (traffic permitting).

Or you could go from the airport into Paris, and then take the RER (see Disneylandparis site for info).

by cubsur

Only Ryanair can fly you to a town about two hours bus ride from Paris and still claim you are flying to Paris!

Beauvais is 120km from Disneyland Paris.

by nilin

Dear All,

Many Thanks for replying But i'm not having any other option available.

what i conclude from above is Paris Beauavis is out of Option.

So, i've to go directly to Disneyland and deposit my luggage at Disney's luggage storage room.

I Hope by this way i could attend the Hallwoeen.

Your suggestion are welcome.

by Flying.Scotsman

To add to the above comments, I think Beauvais is closer to London than to Paris (hint of exaggeration). Easyjet, in my experience, is so much better, as it flies to major airports, is much less likely to have a crisis, and although a budget airline, tries to give you as much service and comfort as they can. In this instance the proximity to your destination would also make Easyjet your obvious choice. I would agree that even the Easyjet flight you mention would make it difficult to reach your party on time. Bruce

Travel Tips for Paris

Paris - 550 La Tour Eiffel

by grandmaR

I sent this post card to my daughter from Paris. The stamp said "Republique Francaise Postes" on the top, the price was 0.65. The bottom said "Dinan" and "Valle de la Rance". The picture included a bridge.

The postmark had a cross and an outline of a nurse on it and said "Devenez ....Des Horptaux__De Paris. ...
Dear Daughter

I am now trying to get a Wagon Lit from Irun to Madrid. I have had breakfast (2.5F) and checked my luggage to the next station (2.6F) and found my toilette case which slipped behind my bunk and I had to go back on the train for it.

I had a good night on the train. I missed our cousin in Frankfurt, but I talked to your Aunt on the phone.

___________________

I didn't have any luck - no bookings fror Irun at this end. I almost left my pocketbook in one of the inquiry places.

I have climbed 400 steps to the top of Notre Dame (1.5F) and am now on my way to the Eiffel Tower

Love Mummy

The most beautiful woman in Paris

by TheWanderingCamel

She's The Lady with the Unicorn and, just like the city she graces, you've seen her image a hundred times but nothing prepares you for her beauty when you actually see her face to face.
The tapestries hang in the Museum of the Middle Ages (the Hotel de Cluny) in a subdued and neutral room of their own, there's nothing here to distract from the glowing colours of the tapestries themselves - 6 of them, five on one wall and one, the largest, on the wall opposite. No-one really knows who she is, or what the symbolism contained within the tapestries really means, though many theories have been put forward over the years. That the five smaller tapestries represent the five senses - touch, smell, sight, taste and hearing is apparent - it's the sixth tapesty that poses the problem. A Mon Seul Desir (To My One Desire). - what does that mean?

Taking the few known facts about the tapestries, Tracey Chevalier's novel The Lady and the Unicorn weaves a story around their commissioning by the member of the Le Viste family whose coat of arms appears in all of them. You could do worse than tuck a copy of the book in your bag to read as you head off for Paris. If you've already read it, the Cluny will be high on your list of places to see when you get there. Whether or not you have read it, be prepared to be absolutely enchanted - the tapestries are undoubtedly among the most beautiful things you will ever see.

So it is with Paris. Nothing you've seen or read or heard prepares you for this most lovely of cities. If Paris is for lovers then it is because she is a city that all who see her fall in love with and carry in their hearts forever.

leyle

La Seine

by Klod5

The Seine is in Paris what the sun is on the day.
It is an adornment in the city, majestic, a supplementary attire to city light. The embankments have been arranged, and offer a very pleasant walk.
I prefer the part of the embankments between St.-Michel and the station of Austerlitz. The walker has a beautiful view on Notre-Dame, and farther, some evening, it is possible to dance the salsa or the tango...

Bonjour and Merci

by msaardvark

As an American I had heard comments from one end to the other about how I would be treated by the French. My trip took place right after the US went to war in Iraq and everyone wanted to give me advice about going or not going. A good friend told me to remember that I was visiting another country and should not forget that their treatment of me would depend on how I acted and treated them. He said the term "Ugly American" came from Americans who travel with an attitude that the US is better than any other place. He advised me to always say hello/good-bye and thank you. I have always been a courteous traveler but I took his advice to heart and never failed to say Bonjour and Merci. My traveling companion and I were treated wonderfully and I would like to pass on my friend's advice to all that travel to France or any country for that matter.

What to pack for baby

by crodri1

If visiting Paris in the winter, make sure to bring lots of clothes to dress baby in layers. Also, a heavy winter suit or coat is necessary. It can get extremely cold in Paris for the winter and most Parisians dress their children very warmly. You may even want to purchase a footmuff for your stroller. If your baby is used to a specific brand, like mine, then be sure to bring enough for your whole trip. For example, Johnson & Johnsons cannot be found.

Also, be sure to bring Infant Tylenol, Dimetapp, Desitin, etc., as you may not be able to recognize the french equivalent should you need any. Make sure to only try to bring a lightweight stroller. Many places are not stroller friendly and you will have to either carry baby and stroller as one up and down stairs, or take baby out to carry separately. We brought the Maclaren Volo stroller and it has been really good. Soon after we arrived in Paris we bought a rain cover for the stroller from Natalys and that is very useful to protect our son from rain and wind.

Also, we purchased a backpack carrier for our son (Deuter Kid Comfort I) and my husband is able to easily use it on the Metro and on other outings throughout the city.

I would also suggest that you bring plenty of sippy cups, pacifiers, and other accessories for your baby. These items are not sold in many places and again, your child may be accustomed to a particular brand or style.

Comments