Pantheon Villa Paris

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel by the Sorbonne

I stayed at the Villa Pantheon for one night in mid June. The room was nice, but a little dark, mostly due to the dark woods used in the room. I was upgraded to a nicer room with a view of rue de Ecole, which was nice. The reception area was clean and there is a nice bar. Being by the Sorbonne you fall out the door into the St. Germaine area.

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Located close to The Pantheon

I made the booking for this hotel through the Eurostar website - it was reasonable, however as ever the rooms were quite small.

There is free wifi and the rooms have a mini bar. They have a breakfast room and a bar!

Unique Quality: Not sure what I can say here - fairly pleasant.

Directions: a short walk from The Pantheon

More about Pantheon Villa Paris

Wonderful Location

by TripAdvisor Member hessjere1

We stayed June 21-23 at the Villa Pantheon and had a very good experience. Rooms were average for European standards but the location was excellent, within one block of a metro stop. The front desk staff struggled with English but were generally willing to help in any way that they could. Literally hundreds of restaurants are within a five block radius of the hotel. Take the metro to Maubert-Mutualite stop to the hotel.

Needed a bigger room

by TripAdvisor Member Logogg

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Pantheon on May 30 to June 1 2004. The service was exceptional, the bathroom was lovely and the towels were amazing but..... the room was so small I could not breathe even with the air conditioning on. We could barely fit our bags in the room with us. (I agree you do not need to spend alot of time in the room but you could not sleep at night it was so stuffy and hot.

Wonderful

The Villa Pantheon was wonderful and a good pick for our June 2004 vacation. The hotel is clean, modern, and the staff is very nice. Our room was very small, but, we spent very little time in there so we really didn't care. On the other hand, the bathroom was larger than we expected. I am very picky when it comes to hotels, and I spent about two months searching for a hotel in Paris, and I'm glad I took the time. The hotel is in the Latin Quarter, and very central to everything. If your going to be in paris, I would look in to booking this hotel.

Nice hotel but NO air conditioning!

by TripAdvisor Member lovetotravelindiana

Stayed at the Villa Pantheon for 3 nights this month - July 2004. I would NOT recommend it for a summer visit. While the rooms are nice (small as expected for Paris) the air conditioning is absolutely worthless. Our room was in the 80's all the time and made adjusting to the jetlag all the more difficult. The front desk, provided varying lame excuses, one person promised it was just my room and it would be fixed, the next day, another person said there was a problem with the entire system. The sign in guestbook is full of air conditioning complaints. Forget sleeping with the windows open either - this is a loud drunken neighborhood at night! Only visit in Winter is my advice.

Pleasant Pantheon

by TripAdvisor Member tklein74

My girlfriend and I stayed here in mid May and had a wonderful stay. The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel was clean. Room was a little small but that is to be expected in Paris. It wasn't so small that it was uncomfortable though. Location- we really enjoyed the location and walking 15 minutes to the main attractions everyday was actually quite good excercise and a nice way to see the city. If I were to go back we may stay in St Germain or on Rue Honore which is right in the center of everything. Overall good bang for the buck.

Dreadful Experience

Although billed as air conditioned and having thermostats in the rooms, there is no functional air conditioning. The staff indicated that it was being repaired, but it never worked during our stay. Note that another reviewer who stayed there last October made a similar comment, so apparently it hasn't worked in quite some time.

The room was uninhabitable until about 10:00pm, and then only with the windows open. They agreed to move us to another room (we were one story above the street and would have been unable to sleep with the street noise and the windows open, to reduce the temperature inside below the mid-80s). They told us that they would convert the bed from twins the next day, but didn't, and that there would be a fan in the room when we returned that night, but there wasn't.

The ventilation problems were compounded by the fact that the room had slightly more than a foot of clearance at each side of the bed and perhaps two feet at the foot, leaving no way to get out of bed on one side. We were finally able to procure a fan from the front attendant by standing at the desk and repeatedly refusing to leave until it was produced. We were then told that we were lucky because it was the last one.

Clearly they are knowingly misrepresenting the hotel as air conditioned.

WONDERFUL HOTEL

We stayed July 2004 and it was a wonderful experience. A very good location, cosy rooms with air conditioned, very friendly staff. we will definitively recommend this deluxe hotel. Peter & Catherine

Not a Good Experience

This hotel had no A/C even though they assured me that it would work in my room. I upgraded my room to a deluxe, but it was hardly that. It was so small and poky.

My room wasn't serviced until after 4pm on two days, just when I had returned after the day in Paris. Needless to say it was too late then.

Also, the room lacked a "Do-Not-Disturb" sign which would have come in handy.

WiFi not cheap. E30 for 24 hours, downstairs onlt.

All in all, when I go to Paris again, I will not be staying in this hotel.

Excellent hotel and staff

Spent an amazing weekend in Paris from July 24th to 26th, no trouble with the air conditioning! The hotel is only 5 minutes’ walk from Notre Dame ! We did not even take the metro during our stay. The staff was very friendly and recommended the bests restaurants all within walking distance. Our room was very intimate and perfect for a romantic weekend. We enjoyed a nice view on the Rue des Ecoles and were very fond of the hotel’s decoration and style. We warmly recommend this fantastic hotel with a great location.

Frustrating service

While the accomodations were very nice, the service of the desk staff was terrible. For example, we were sold a ticket for a boat tour and was told we would need to pay an additional 10E when we got to the boat. We were told at the boat that the additional charge was 15E. Minor, but indicative. The hotel advertises a shuttle to the airport. After inquiring about it, we were told to come back in the AM to make a reservation. When we did just that, we were told they had no shuttle; we would have to take a city bus. We asked what a cab would cost and were told "no more than 30 Euros." When we got to the airport, the cost was 60E. Double what the manager at the hotel said. I mean, was this the first time someone had ever asked him? Another example: they never had a WiFi card for us and we inquired upon arrival and asked everyday. Of course, by day three we knew we weren't going to get one. We also asked for another set of towels one night because for whatever reason we only had one set in the room that evening. We never received them. The front desk help was simply a joke. We are seasoned travellers; my husband travels extensively for work. We will never stay at this hotel again. As mentioned earlier, the rooms were lovely. (Of course, we had no need for AC) We found it tiresome and frustrating to deal with anyone at the front desk.

French wedding, ParisFrench wedding, Paris

The Conciergerie ComplexThe Conciergerie Complex

Museum CemeteryMuseum Cemetery

Le Louvre - Greek rythons.Le Louvre - Greek rythons.

Hotel Royal St. Germain?

by Lapsrus

I found out late last week that I will be in Paris on business the 2nd week of June. As this is high season, I have been having a hard time finding a hotel in my price range (under E175).

My requirements:
1.) Airconditioning
2.) Wi-fi or other high speed internet access
3.) Near metro or RER

Out of desperation I made a reservation at the above hotel. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thank you for your help!

RE: Hotel Royal St. Germain?

by CALSF

Hi, this hotel got very mixed reviews over Tripadvisor.com.

I suggest you try www.laterooms.com instead. It's a last-minute booking service. And you pay no fees; you book online directly with the hotel of your choice giving your credit card number as a guarantee only. You pay upon checkout.

I will give you a link to the selections they have for the second week of June. There are quite alot of nice choices. I've heard great things about Villa Pantheon and Clos Medicis for example. Always view the comments about the hotels you're interested at Tripadvisor.com.

RE: RE: Hotel Royal St. Germain?

by CALSF

I hope my advice was helpful??

RE: RE: Hotel Royal St. Germain?

by Lapsrus

Yes, thank you!

I am currently trying to cross reference the hotels in the last minute listings to see where they are, and if they have air conditioning and wi-fi, as I noted above. It's a bit time-consuming.

As for the reviews of the Hotel Royal St. Germain, I read TripAdvisor before booking, and thought that there were too few reviews to get a clear picture. One person had an obviously bad time, but the other two were complimentary.

I'll let you know if I change my bookings.

Regards,
Glenn

Paris help - ASAP

Hi,
I'm heading to Paris tomorrow for a couple of days & could do with a few pointers!

What is the best way to get from Beauvais airport to Villa Pantheon 41 Rue des Ecoles?

Can anybody recommend good tours of Paris that will show us the main sights and any evening tours that may include something a bit different?

I would really appreciate you help!

Thank you.
Regards,
Donncha.

by TwinkleOz

How long are in paris? Forget the tours...you can do see the sights of tours yourself. It's easy to get around as well!

Unfortunately not long!

We fly in on Thursday evening and leave on Sunday morning.

I just thought an organised tour would save any hassle.

D.

by CALSF

I'm not so sure about getting from Beauvais, but I'm sure you can take a taxi. I know that from CDG it costs approximately 45 euro.

Check the sightseeing bus tour companies for the tours. The two main tour companies are Cityrama (www.cityrama.com) and Parisvision (www.parisvision.com).

by PavlH

http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/index.php?lang=eng gives details of a bus transfer which would be cheaper than the taxi.

by CALSF

vincentparis, you know the rules about posting ads here.

by hawkhead

If you are flying in on Ryanair then they have a bus from Beauvais to Porte Maillot. Fare is 13 euros, I think. I'd do a hop-on/hop-off bus tour.

by hawkhead

Further to my previous posting.
www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng will give you all the info. Don't bother buying the ticket online as you can easily and quickly buy it at Beauvais. The ticket booth is outside the airport buiilding on the way to the bus - just follow everyone else!!

by hawkhead

And www.ratp.fr will give you the info on how to get from Porte Maillot to your hotel. If you know the closest metro station, then that would be better.

RE: RE: RE: Paris help - ASAP

Unfortunately not long!

We fly in on Thursday evening and leave on Sunday morning.

I just thought an organised tour would save any hassle.

D.

by mariev

From Beauvais - Tillé (what RyanAir ans Sterling advertise as Paris) the sensible way is to take the bus to porte Maillot (don't even think about a taxi : its some 100 km and a taxi would be around 150 Euros)
From Porte Maillot to your hotel tou can take the metro or a taxi (in the 15 Euros for this part)

by hawkhead

Go to www.venere.com/hotel/?htid=112198&lg=en&tripref=27054&action=location and you will see where the hotel is.
From Charles de Gaulle or orly take RER B to Saint Michel stop

On the metro take Line 4 to Saint Michel or Line 10 to Maubert Mutualite. You can see the actual route on the site i gave you www.ratp.fr

Get a carnet of 10 tickets for the metro