Paris Bastille

More about Paris Bastille

Cyrnos Hotel or Classics Hotel Bastille

by makkuro_kurosuke

Hi,
Has anyone stayed at the Cyrnos Hotel (154 rue montmartre) or Classics Hotel Bastille (131, rue de Charonne)? I'm trying to decide which one to stay choose as both of them look pretty much the same on the web and are priced similarly as well.
Thanks!

Re: Cyrnos Hotel or Classics Hotel Bastille

by GUYON

If both hotels are at the same level of price and comfort, there is no doubt : you must choose the Cyrnos which is more centraly located near "la Bourse" (the stock exchange) and the "Grands Boulevards".
At the other end of the rue Montmartre there are les Halles, one of the most popular area of Paris.

The hotel Bastille is not really at "la Bastille" but at 1200 m, in an area with nothing to visit.

Have a good stay

RAY

Re: Re: Cyrnos Hotel or Classics Hotel Bastille

by makkuro_kurosuke

Thanks for the info Guyon!

Please help, stay in Montmartre, Marais or St Germain?

by sormuiyan1217

Hi, My sister and I, of 26 and 21 years old, will be travelling to Paris for 5 days at the end of August.

We are debating between staying in Montmartre area, Saint Germain or the Marais area. It seems like Montmartre is more north above most of the attractions, but I also heard it's fun to stay there. Can someone please give me an advice?

These are the three hotels I am considering.

Austin's Arts et Metiers Hotel Paris (Bastille Marais)
De Saint Germain Hotel Paris (St. Germain)
Prima Lepic Hotel Paris (Montmartre)

Re: Please help, stay in Montmartre, Marais or St Germain?

by GUYON

- Austin's arts et Metiers : this hotel is not in the Marais but near to and it is far from Bastille. It is located in Arts et métiers area, a district devoted to studies and handcraft.

- Hotel Saint Germain : it is near blvd st Germain which is long, but it is not in the area called St Germain des Pres which is in the 6e arrt. The interesting part of the Blvd is between Metro St Germain and Maubert-Mutualite.

- Prima Lepic : it is located rue Lepic which is a street of Montmartre. But do not think to be near Sacre Coeur and place du Tertre : you must walk and climb to reach the Montmartre of tourists. You will be closer to the Moulin Rouge and to the Red District (Pigalle).

I suggest :
- to find a hotel more centrally located : near Chatelet
- if you have to choose between these 3 hotels : take the 1st one because it is between Marais and Grands Boulevards which are at a walking distance and because you can reach by line 11 the metro Chatelet which is the crossroad of the main lines of Paris.
I have no opinion on the hotel itself.

Re: Please help, stay in Montmartre, Marais or St Germain?

by sormuiyan1217

Thanks for your reply, or else I would have chosen a far hotel from the centre. But this puzzles me greatly, and now I don't know what to do, because I got the names of these three hotels by searching by area in Paris from the site www.ratestogo.com. It seems like the results generated are deceptive. Can anyone tell me how to use the site properly, and/or how I can find out whether a hotel is central or not by the address?

Thanks!

Flora

Paris at Easter

by metallemon

Hello everybody!

I will visit Paris at Easter (ar. 6/04 - dep. 9/04) and I worry a little about what I'll find opened and what closed.

Do you know if Louvre Museum is closed on Good Friday, or Holly Saturday, or Easter Sunday?

What about Disneyland. We plan to go either on Holly Saturday or on Easter Sunday.

Gallerie Lafayette will be opened on Monday after Easter?

We also plan to book at Ibis Bastille Hotel. I've read some good reviews. What do you think?

I'm waiting for your reply!!!
Thank you very much!!!

RE: Paris at Easter

by carolerica

Hello.

Easter Monday being a bank holiday in France (not Good Friday nor Holly Saturday), you might find many shops/monuments close, especially on easter sunday and easter monday (not that much on friday and saturday)

As for your specific questions:
- Louvre is open during easter
- Disneyland is open
- Gallerie Lafayette is closed on easter monday (and on sunday as always!)

Ibis hotel is part of the Accord group, it is a wide hotel chain. You'll have the guaranty of a confortable room, according to the standard of the hotel (it is a 2 star hotel, so don't expect more than what a 2 star hotel can offer!!!). Usually, you get, with any of the accord hotels, for your monney, not less, not more!

There are two hotel Ibis bastille, one is the "Paris bastille faubourg saint-Antoine", and the other is "Paris BAstille Opéra".
If it is the least, than your hotel would be located one metro stop away from Place de la Bastille, in a small street, which is good, since this area can be very "active" in the evening. You'll be far from the noise! You are quite close to the marais, and the magnificent Place des Vosges.
If it is the first, than the hotel would be still one metro stop away from Bastille, but in an area that is much more "active" than the first hotel. It is still a nice neighbourhood.

RE: RE: Paris at Easter

by chahalis

Hello, I too will be in Paris for easter we booked the Novotel Las Halles suppose to be by the Louvre. It was very difficult finding a hotel that seemed within reason as we are 2 adults and a 15 year old. I was wondering the same things about Easter in Paris...Will things be open. I'm hoping that there will be enough to open on Easter as we only have Saturday and Sunday in Paris. Do you have any suggestions for us like good family restaurants. What do you know about the area where the Novotel is? My daughter had suggested Ibis they could not accommodate 3 of us. It is very hard to do Paris on a budget I am finding.

Comments