Paris Saint Honore

21 Rue de Penthievre, (formerly Derby Elysees) 8th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75008, France

Hotellerie Paris Saint-Honore
Booking.com Hotels.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 24% more and rated 39% lower than other 2 star hotels

• good trip

The facilities were excellent, clean and functional. All staff encountered were helpful and co-operative. The best feature of the hotel is the location only a short walk to the things we wished to do in Paris during our stay. We felt the price was reasonable for the quality and features. We will recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

• Best Journey ever

Gorgeous hotel. Wanted something truly Parisian and feel this is what we got. location is awesome we were just few minutes on foot from Champs Elysées. Also, the staff was friendlyand helpful. The design of the lobby was opulent and our room was very luxurious and cosy. We really keep unforgettable souvenirs from our journey in Paris Saint Honoré.

• a great stay

Very classy. The room was beautiful! Overall a very memorable stay. Staff were attentive and accommodating. so the room is very nice i loved it! Very good location.

Directions: champs elysee

More about Paris

Basilique Sacré-Coeur - no peopleBasilique Sacré-Coeur - no people

Swatch, ParisSwatch, Paris

Figures of the FountainFigures of the Fountain

Smaller entwined children at the top of the facadeSmaller entwined children at the top of the facade

Tour Montparnasse cost etc

by 9tigers

I read it somewhere that if I have a metro/BUS/RER weekly pass, then I can get to 56 floor for free once? is that true???

by TexasDave

Their website:

www.tourmontparnasse56.com/uk/informations/horaires_tarifs.html

Says nothing about it, so it seems not.

by CatherineReichardt

Wow Daisy
Keeping a watching eye on this forum, it's apparent that you're certainly researching this trip of yours in impressive detail!
The German in me admiringly acknowledges your thoroughness - after all this hard work, you deserve to have a magnificent time!
If it's not already on your meticulously planned itinerary, may I recommend the Musee de Cluny to you? I used to have to pass through Paris on business every month en route for West Africa and would have almost a day to kill in transit. This medieval museum was one of my favourite haunts and on one very special occasion, I was lucky enough to stumble across a lunchtime concert where professional musicians were playing medieval instruments. From their point of view, it was a labour of love (ie. unpaid) and for us in the audience, it was mindboggling to see these bizarre instruments being played (I for one wouldn't have known which end to have blown, pressed or otherwise embraced!) - it was hard to say who was more reluctant to leave at the end of the concert (them or us)! I have a passion for all things medieval, and for my money, it's one of the best (if not THE best) museums of its kind in the world!
Bonne chance!
Cathy

by 9tigers

cool, I was planning for this as an optional museum to go before, maybe I will squeeze it in now :)

by Beausoleil

Another neat thing about the Cluny (Musée du Moyen Age) is the stained glass. In churches the windows are way up there . . . and you can't see the glass very well. In the Cluny they have the stained glass set in light panels at eye level so you can really get a good look at it. You also don't require a sunny day because they are backlighted. Nice in January. 8^)

Don't miss the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries on the top floor. They are magical.

by Beausoleil

There is a 35% discount on the Montparnasse ticket if you have a Paris Viste Pass. That's the only reference to Montparnasse that I could find. Do you know where you saw or heard the info about the tower?

by 9tigers

I think i read it here ,let me find it

Travel Tips for Paris

Budget travel in Paris with simple itinerary

by georgelim

All of them. Paris is the most romantic city I have ever been! Go to www.georgelim.co.nr and search for paris. You will get all of my fond memories there... And this is not advert! It is just a pure personal blog to share my trip to everyone! Cheers!

Find a hotel as close to the...

by tfly

Find a hotel as close to the Eiffel Tower as possible. It does not matter which bank you are on. The convenience of being close to most major sites of interest is the real issue here. the Paris subway system is terrific. You can get lost but not if you simply ask questions of the local's or stop at one of the many tourist information centers or ticket counters. We took the boat ride along the Seine at night. It was one of the most unforgettable experiences I've ever had. You can see the buildings along the stone lined banks illuminated by the flood lights on the boats. The Eiffel Tower is spectacular at night. Don't miss it.

Visit La Defense - the...

by maxovna

Visit La Defense - the district of the 21st century. Here you'll see skyscrapers like in New York. It's the economic and financial centre of the city. Enjoy the sight of Grand Arch of La Defense! It is so huge that Notre-Dame can be inserted inside.

Paris loves Canadians

by juniperjune

This last time I went to Paris, I was afraid that they would look down on my French. I received such a warm reception from the Pariseans, that I want to go back! Everyone loved my accent when I spoke French. They all knew I was from Canada, and they wanted to know where I was from. I am from Montreal, but I am an Anglophone. I truley felt welcomed. It is amazing how much Canadians are loved throughout Europe. Wear a Canadian flag, pin, logo...You will be amazed at how you are treated! I AM CANADIAN! It's more than just a beer slogan!

Public & Private in Paris: Gardens as a Metaphor

by shrimp56

One of the ways in which Americans fail to grasp cultural difference in France is in the distinction between public and private. It is built into the French language with the "tu/vous" conundrum. The best thing to do is to always use "vous", except with small children & animals! Even people who have known each other for decades may still use "vous".
Along the same lines we Americans always open conversations with questions about jobs and family, while we are taught to avoid discussing Religion & Politics. It's the reverse in Paris. Poltiics & Religion are frequently discussed with great knowledge and enthusiasm, but questions about work and family are not considered appropriate.
So why the gardens in the picture? There are many public gardens in Paris as well as many private gardens/squares requiring a key to open them. Here we have on the right Parc Monceau, available to all, and on the left the private garden of the mansion next to Musée Nissim Camondo. What may look public, may, in fact be private -- or vice versa. Bienvenu à Paris:)

Comments