Parisiana

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• pearly_p's Profile Photo

Not recommended Unless really desperate

On arrival we got a lecture about having 4pple (2 adults & 2 kids, aged 4 & 6) in the room eventhough we booked a room for 3 adults.
    There was no fan or air-conditioning, so we had to leave the window open at night, this caused us to be disturbed, as all the noise from the streed below (there is an African pub directly opposite the hotel) can be heard in our room, and mind u we were on the 4th floor !
    To add to it all, we found bed bugs on the sheets and the sheets we dusty and not changed in the 4 nights we spent in this hotel.

Unique Quality: Bed bugs and more bed bugs, please see the pictues. My son & husband were badly bitten.

Directions: Resendiatial area with convenient metro & bus stops. There was little bakery around the corner, were we had our breakfast and sometime cappuccino on our way back to our hotel.

More about Parisiana

Eiffel Tower, ParisEiffel Tower, Paris

The ambulatoryThe ambulatory

Another view, showing the spireAnother view, showing the spire

The entrance at no. 5 rue des Irlandais.The entrance at no. 5 rue des Irlandais.

Looking for a hotel

by donjeanette

Can anyone recommend a hotel within walking distance from the Gare Du Nord for a three night stay? We are arriving from London on the Eurostar and will pick up a car at the station on the morning we checkout.

An internet website lists the Hotel De Londes Et Danvers as being 200 meters from the station. The reviews are mixed with about 50% good and 50% not so good.

by lmkluque

Hotel Campaniles
32 rue Luis Blanc
75010 Paris

On the corner of Rue La Fayette and Rue Luis Blanc a few blocks from Gare du Nord.

Hope this helps,
Linda

by zuriga

Check on www.ratestogo.com. They often have very good deals in Paris.

by Beausoleil

Campanile (mentioned above) is always adequate. Other hotels closer to Gare du Nord are Hotel Metropol on rue de Maubeuge, Hotel Bruxelles on Blvd. de Magenta and a bit further away the Hotel Parisiana at the corner of rue de Chabrol and Blvd. Magenta.

You can check reviews on all these at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ since I haven't stayed in any of them and so can't recommend them.

We always book through http://www.france.com and they have a good search engine for Paris hotels. You can choose your area and your budget so you might want to check that site too. They have photos and review by people who have stayed in these hotels.

Good luck.

Travel Tips for Paris

Bateaux Mouche - this is a...

by kiminhalifax

Bateaux Mouche - this is a relaxing couple of hours on a tourist boat that floats up & down the Senne while a pre-recorded tape babbles about the sites in several languages. LOVELY!! There are children & rude tourists EVERYWHERE!! The Louvre - seeing Hamurabi's Code -- after I had studied it in Law in high school -- was very impressive!!

Eating in Paris

by pigletsmom

I don't think that Paris food is great, but overall the French food is wonderful. So with a little looking you can find a good meal. There are lots of tourist traps in Paris, where the food is medocre and the prices are high, so be aware. Stay away from restaurants with solicitors outside singing the praises of the restaurants. These are tourist traps with pre-set priced meals that are solely there for visitors.

I do adore their quiche, coffee and pastries. Their wine
is exquisite as well. If you do any souvenir shopping that
includes food, buy it outside of Paris, or at a local Parisian supermarket,. The prices will be better as well as the quality. Do try the French quiche, it is nothing like what you get in the States. It literally melts in your mouth.Chocolate shops and ice cream parlors are also particularly good in Paris. I found the meat to always be sub-par, so that was my biggest complaint about the food in Paris. Beef, lamb,and chicken when I ordered it, always had a lot of grizzle. Sometimes the meat was not edible. Creating an impromtu picnic with some wonderful cheese and a good baguet and finding a quiet spot in a Parisian park. That was nice.

Do not miss my tips on the burnt peanuts and roasted chestnuts in the must see activity tips.

Walks at night!

by sabsi

One winter night some years ago we were just walking around town towards the Louvre. There's nothing more romantic I'd say!! It was very gorgeous and that's when I fell in love with Paris.

The picture was taken the night before New Year's Eve 2001/2002 on one of my beloved evening walks - the blue lights are from Pont Neuf, rehearsing for the day the Euro came to Europe... see all the pictures from that night in travelogue!

There was a popular...

by Michael_D

There was a popular saying...'three things are cheap in Paris..bread...wine..and the Metro'. Well times have changed...Paris is an expensive city and makes no apologies about it.However...it is also culturally correct to hit the small boulangeries to pick up bread , cheese, wine etc...a picnic is not only acceptable and easy on the pocket book...its also is 'tres romantique..n'est pas?'

Our avatars

by plikt

Well, this might as well still be part of Paris unless they've been all washed away. I made these little stickers for us to post on the sticker boards around all the cities we go to. You can see them on the pole. My stickers are pretty simple, mostly I like to admire other people's work when it comes to stickers and in Paris is was quite a nice surprise to discover a completely different style than in Germany. French Graffiti is a completely different style anyway.
Of course, I don't approve of public monuments (for example) being vandalized for the sake of underground art but having specially designated places like it seemed in Paris is a good idea. I think urban art is at all times more powerful than the art secluded in galleries. Urban art is subject to constant interpretation and there's never place for ever lasting master pieces but this is the charming part, that urban art is always changing, always more or less annonymous, always revitalizing the urban space.
Some of my friends back in University had research done concerning urban art.

Comments