Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome

5 rue de la Paix, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75002, France

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 105% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• AMAZING! It will MAKE your stay in paris!

I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris based on all the high acclaims and reviews I have heard from colleagues, as well as family. Many have said it was the best hotel they have ever stayed at. I thought it would be near impossible for the hotel to possible to live up to the enormous praise we had heard about it. However, I will say that EVERY facet of our stay was beyond amazing. The front desk swiftly checked us in and we were greeted by several friendly hotel staff all insisting that they were there to serve us. We were personally escorted to our room by a wonderful employee of the hotel who also checked with us throughout our stay to make sure that everything was going well. We received an upgraded room with a balcony and beautiful views. The attention that was paid to all the small details well exceeded any of the other hotels I have stayed at. Room service seemed to be at the door the second we hung up the phone with them and the concierge was very helpful in helping us coordinate activities in Paris. The hotel absolutely made our one-year anniversary celebration in Paris, as we were blown away by the splendor of the property, the service its staff provided and the location of the hotel. If it is out of your budget, this hotel is certainly the best place to splurge, and if it is in your budget, it is definitely worth every penny. I highly recommend anyone going to Paris to experience this hotel, as I am confident a stay at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome will make your trip to Paris just as incredible as ours was!

• really stuffy with poor service

The hotel is beautiful and very well situated. There exists a pretense of good service. I would never stay in this hotel again. Our flight arrived at 7am. No rooms were ready so we cheerfully set out exhausted and unwashed to sightsee. We returned at 2pm to an unexceptable room. A new room was found, we waited about 15 minutes and then had to call down and beg for our bags.

The concierge service was useless. We asked for haute cuisine recomendations, he had no suggestions other than to send us to medicre bistros from whom he undoubtedly received kickbacks. We requested a private car with ENGLISH speaking driver to see Versailles. The driver spoke not one word of English and couldn't answer a single question. When we received the bill, we were overcharged by two hours from which they only agreed to remove one.

Lastly and most terribly. As New Yorkers we did not realize that service charges are included in meals. It is actually considered unethical in Paris to insinuate that an additional tip is required. Every bill is presented with a space for the tip and no where are you told that you have been charged already. I consider this stealing and would never stay in this hotel again (and probably no Park Hyatt). There are so many fabulous hotels in France. Cross this one off the list.

Directions: Near Louvre and Grands Opera

More about Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome

Disappointing for a Park Hyatt

The Park Hyatt Paris Vendome would be a very good hotel if it is a Hyatt-Regency designated hotel. Park Hyatt is suppose to be Hyatt's top of the line hotel chain and even better than Grand Hyatts. However, this Park Hyatt does not live up to its name at all.

The rooms were okay and decorations very nice. When I took a shower at 10:00 pm, the drains actually clogged and with the shower design, the water overflow and I had to change rooms at 11:00 pm. The front desk staff actually expected us to meet him on another floor and did not offer assistance until I asked for it.

The next day, empty bottles and trash were left on the table while my pyjamas were just thrown on the arm chair. Housekeeping also entered my room even after I hanged the "do not disturb" sign on the door.

All these might be acceptable if I am staying in a Hyatt Regency. For a Park Hyatt do offer such services, management should really review its performance.

Stay at the Four Seasons George V hotel. It beats the Park Hyatt in every aspect.

Family of Five Loved the Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jjfrenz

My family of 5 recently stayed for 7 nights at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome and overall, had a wonderful stay. We were pleased with the 2 connecting rooms, the view and the balconies that we had overlooking the wonderful shopping on the street below. The linens were as wonderful as we expected! Very comfortable beds! The bathrooms were large and glamourous. I really enjoyed the fitness room and steam room. There was no extra charge to use the fitness center-at some luxury hotels I've stayed at they charge up to $30 a day for the fitness center. Because we have young kids, we used the room service quite alot and overall we were pleased with the service. Several times they would forget something that we ordered, but once we pointed out what was missing the staff would immediately apologize and get it for us. The hotel is decorated in a luxurious but simple style that suites my family better than frilly antiques. We walked everywhere from the hotel and thought the location was great.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member aerofl

Just returned last night from a four night stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris. What a great hotel! Through the hotel we had arranged for a car and driver to meet us at CDG - expensive, but we felt well worth it for the seamless transfer into the city. Even though we arrived about 10:00 a.m., our room was ready and we were shown to our room personally by the woman who checked us in. Though by American standards the room was a bit on the small side, we had an excellent rooftop view of the surrounding area. The interior design of the hotel public areas and rooms couldn't have been more stylish. Our bathroom was out of this world, with an extremely modern shower/tub combo and the luxurious waterfall showerhead. The light fixtures throughout our room were stunning and the bed was so comfortable that some mornings it was hard to get up and get going.

The best part of our stay was the young, attentive staff of the hotel. They couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating. Every request was met with a smile and prompt response, and we were greeted by name from the moment we arrived by virtually every employee. The concierge arranged for flowers in the room (at my husband's request) and they were spectacular. Our requests for restaurant recommendations were immediately arranged and the nights we relied on the concierge to make reservations based on our preferences were the most special meals of the whole trip.

Yes, this hotel is expensive, but they delivered what we felt was great value. After all, any comparable hotel in Paris is equally as expensive and Paris is, after all, a perenially expensive European capital. The location is good - easy walking distance to the Louvre, rue St. Honore, etc. - and the staff a delight.

On the whole good

Staff are more helpful and informal than other Paris deluxe hotels, although the atmosphere is not exclusive in the common areas of the hotel.

Bedrooms with oversize bathrooms are typically Park Hyatt in their sleek design and Bang & Olufson TVs. One good feature is the complimentary in-room laptop PC given on request.

Magnificent!!!

Words can not describe the service at this beautiful, luxurious hotel. The staff was incredibly attentive (even learned my name and always greeted me with it!) and always provided immediate service with a smile. The concierge was beyond helpful, each suggestion given was fantastic and incredibly delicious!
The decor of the hotel itself was on the modern side which is a nice break from the traditional decor found in the rest of the city. The location of the hotel itself is right in the middle of everything - walking distance to almost everything and of course seconds away from the Place Vendome (where all high end jewelers are located and the Ritz) The bathrooms are to die for!!! The bed is comfortable and the decor of the room and hotel creates a positive, zen ambiance, totally relaxing you as soon as you walk in the front door...
The gym and its facilities were also meticulously maintained and wonderful for relaxing.
This wknd we were even left a large chocolate easter egg for the holiday!!
Can't say enough good things about this hotel.... must see and experience for yourself!!!!!!!!!

Very nice hotel...but maybe too nice?

by TripAdvisor Member thatgirlsab

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Paris -- my first time there -- last Thanksgiving. He booked us in the Park Hyatt Place Vendome, which was a very nice hotel.

The check-in was courteous and efficient, and although we arrived early (via parisshuttle), we were able to go to our room immediately. We were actually escorted to our room by one of the front desk attendants who, in very crisp, polite English, gave us a brief tour of the room and its features. After she left, we still had a hard time figuring out exactly how to work the television, though.

The bathroom was very spacious, and the heated floor in front of the sink was very cozy and inviting. The rainfall showerhead felt great after a day of sightseeing. The hallways are scented with the same Blaise Mautin-created Park Hyatt "signature scent" you'll find in the toiletries. At times, the scent seemed a bit too powerful.

The bed was comfy, and the room could get so dark it was at times difficult to get out of bed. I guess that's a good thing...it was very cozy indeed!

We had breakfast a few times in the cafe. It was a great place to people watch -- this hotel attracts a wide variety of people -- and the croissants were heavenly.

The location was good. It's a short walk to the Metro and we walked several places directly from the hotel without even bothering to take the Metro. Fauchon is in nearby Place de la Madeleine and is a great place for souvenirs to take back home. (Tip: You can place orders for Fauchon goods from the U.S. and some items are actually cheaper that way due to the bad Euro vs. $US). Since we were there at Thanksgiving, the Place Vendome sparkled with Christmas decorations such as disco ball stars, spinning and twirling on the building fronts until about 11 p.m. at night.

The staff at the hotel was always very, very courteous...from the doorman to the cafe servers...and the hotel was very elegant and classy in a contemporary way. However, I think if we return to Paris (which I hope to do someday soon!), I think we will opt for a place with less perfume and more character, and that's a little easier on the pocketbook.

Best in Paris..best room ever!

I splashed out and took my girlfriend here for valentines day in 2004 and was just amazed..as soon as i got there, the friendliest receptionist wisked us straight up to our room to complete the check-in formalities in the comfort of our room, the roses i ordered were in pride of place on the table and the most beautiful roses i'd ever seen, the room was just huge and had a small balcony area which looked right over the place vendome just as the sun was setting...it was simply stunning...everything about the hotel was incredible....although very expensive..you must try a few cocktails in the bar!!! YOU MUST STAY HERE!!

One Happy Repeat Guest

by TripAdvisor Member Reiser

This is the hotel if you're looking for the best service with no attitude inside a very comfortable & modern designed hotel. Park Hyatts never fail to impress me with their "feel at home" & "down to earth" personalized service. I wonder how they all learn to know me by name. I also enjoy using their laptop which they provided at no charge. I used their business office computer when they ran out of laptops. The breakfast buffet is not as good as other Park Hyatts, but the service is still top notched.

As good as I remember!

Stayed at the Park Hyatt in early June 2005.
Fabulous! The room that I got was beautifully appointed. The changing room and bathroom were out of this world. The internet connection worked first time. The B&O TV was a good touch. Room service was surprisingly good.
I had meals and drinks at the hotel and was never once disappointed.
If you can afford it, give it a try!
The location is next to the most exclusive 'Place' in Paris. You are surrounded by the luxury jewellers of Paris. Walking distance to the Louvre.

Comments