209-211 rue de Charenton, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75012, France

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 24% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• nessa_jack's Profile Photo

Cosy corner of the 12th district

I LOVED my stay at the Pavillon Bercy Gare de Lyon. The service was amazing. My friend and I are pretty rubbish at French and the staff were very understanding. The staff were very friendly and we couldn't fault the service we received.

The hotel is situated right next to Dugommier metro station which is on line 6, and a short walk away from the Nation metro station and the Gare de Lyon on Rue de Charenton. There are a few grocery shops nearby, choice of bars/restaurants is limited in this area but very good value compared with elsewhere in the city and food is decent.

I would totally recommend staying here. In fact I would beg you to. The price is so low but this traditional little hotel is very cosy and you will receive excellent service.

Unique Quality: It is away from the touristy inner city, and has a real authentic French feel - live like a Frenchman and stay at the Pavillon Bercy Gare de Lyon!!!

Directions: Take metro line 6 to Dugommier station, it is close to the crossroads on Rue de Charenton

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Bercy Gare de Lyon

During my first trip to Paris, my family stayed at the Hotel Bercy Gare de Lyon. I chose this hotel for two reasons: (1) it is on the eastern side of the city so closer to my former home in Germany; (2) it is also close to public transportation at Gare de Lyon and Dugommier Metro Stations. The drive to the hotel was pretty easy, but we hit heavy traffic as we approached the "Periferique" -- the highway loop around Paris. We drove right up to the hotel without much problem, despite not really having any idea where we were going. I dropped off the family and tried to find parking... about one hour later, after driving into a private parking garage and trying to park in a bus stop, I finally found public parking several blocks away in a shopping center garage. When I arrived, I was surprised to see "Comfort Inn" signs on the hotel building. No hotel literature or advertising mentions this affiliation. The name now carries the Pavillion brand, so it may have switched ownership since my stay.

Despite the parking situation, the hotel worked out well for our purposes. The location was great: safe and quiet, with easy access to the Metro. The hotel is still very new, just built in 1997, but the rooms are rather small and cramped. For around US$100 you get a clean, cozy room and a "continental" breakfast of bread, cheese, and fruit.

The hotel is also within an easy walk of the Bastille, Place de la Nation, and the Palais Omnisports de Paris Bercy.

To drive to the Pavillion Bercy Gare de Lyon, take the Paris Periferique Road and exit on Avenue Daumesnil. Turn left when you get to Rue de Bercy and you will soon cross Rue de Charenton. The hotel is on Rue Charenton, very near this intersection.

More about Pavillon Bercy Gare de Lyon

anyone know anything about Pavillon Bercy Gare de Lyon?

by archisj

Hi, I am planning to visit Paris end of Jan.
I would like to stay near Gare de Lyon, since I will be catching an early TGV to Zurich.
Does anyone know about Pavillon Bercy Gare de Lyon? Is the hotel well run, staff friendly, cleaniness, etc.

Thank you this forum is really helpful.

Jon

Re: anyone know anything about Pavillon Bercy Gare de Lyon?

by archisj

Please some help!

the address of the hotel is
its also called Hotels De Paris Lyon Bercy