25 Rue De Saussure, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75017, France

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 23% less but rated 28% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Manara's Profile Photo

Stay away

I have identified this hotel in the VT database thanks to its address, because it has changed name. When I was there, in September 2008, its name had become Pavillon Monceau Palais des Congres (not to be confused with another Pavillon Monceau, which is an entirely different hotel at another address). Please note that the address of the hotel I am writing about is 25 rue de Saussure.
    I had not booked my room here. I was sent to this hotel from another one belonging to the same group, which had taken my reservation just to tell me on arrival that they had a problem of overbooking.
    The room was the second worst I have ever seen (the absolute worst was at least ten times cheaper). It was small, cold, and all the pieces of furniture were in a very bad state of repair. The immediate bad impression I got from the dirty carpet was reinforced when I checked the bed: the sheets looked clean, but through them I could see large stains in the mattress. When I opened the little fridge I had to close it immediately because of a bad smell.
    I wrote above that the room was small. To give you an idea of how small, I will mention that there was no place for a suitcase, nor to hang my clothes, because the 50-cm-wide wardrobe was already occupied by a blanket and two pillows which took almost all the space. The passage to get into the bathroom, squeezing between the shower and the washbasin, was 33 cm wide.

Unique Quality: I would have not complained if this hotel room had cost me 50 or 60 euros (it is Paris after all) but the price was 180 euros, and according to the sign posted on the door, the full rate can be up to 230!
    P.S. Breakfast not included.

• Cynshinfua's Profile Photo

Close to Metro, markets and good value

I love this hotel, good value and close to metro. 5 mins walk from Villers Metro station, on your way you will find fresh produces, fruit, wine and cakes. Have a bit of Parian life when doing the quick buys in the stores. Nice tiny kitchen with microwave and kitchenware. Pleasant and clean bathroom with hair dryers. Comfortable beds. My room (Twin) even has a bar table for meals!

Unique Quality: Nice kitchen (but small, however we cooked a X'mas meal - so no worries!) in great bargin prices (about $45 USD each person per night stay even during X'mas)

Directions: Near to Villers Metro, 5 minutes walk. Easy to find. Taxi from airport is about 45 Euros.

• bamms's Profile Photo

Great location

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Service is preety good, the facilities are very clean and the hotel itself is very nice. Nothing amazing, but very comfortable and cozy. The best thing about it though, it's its location.

Unique Quality: Though the service is great and everything, the best thing about this hotel is its location.

You have Villiers subway station just a couple of blocks from it, about 10 blocks away through a great and nice walk you have the Arc de Triumph, the monceau park a couple of blocks away as well, and best of all, very close to one of the things I enjoyed the most last time I went: the pedestrians-only 'Rue de Levis', where a fascinating little street market lays.

Directions: Very close to "Villiers" subway station.

• Markyreid's Profile Photo

Good hotel in great area

We paid 55 euro a night to stay in a standard studio which slept two of us. the rooms are small but neat, with a good shower and bathroom facilities. The Kitchenette was handy, but lacked utensils and stove to make much use of the facilities. Breakfast was included and had plenty to choose from. The location was fantastic, only a couple minute walk to a couple metro stations and surrounded by fantastic shops, bakeries and gourmet shops.

Unique Quality: view of the tower - you know the one.
    great location

Directions: The Nearest metro station is "Villiers" situated on ligne 2 & 3.

• rckenney's Profile Photo

Residence Monceau Etoile

This hotel has a fantastic breakfast and it also has cooking faciliities in each room, the rooms were small but the service staff was adequate. Prices were reasonable.

Unique Quality: Perfect location, less than 2 blocks to Villars Metro.

Comments