Pavillon Pereire Arc De Triomphe

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 38% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo

Basic, but cheap

This place has seen better days! Finding a cheap hotel in Paris (rather than somewhere outside Paris which calls itself Paris) is quite a challenge. This hotel is cheap and it is in Paris. It's not in the very centre of Paris and it's not quite as close to the Arc De Triomphe as the name might make you suspect but the location is...not bad, but not great. You can walk to Wagram Metro station on line 3 in about 5 to 6 minutes or a walk straight down Avenue de Wagram will take you straight to the Arc de Triomphe in about 25 minutes. If you don't mind a little travelling to start your day exploring the city then the location will not be a problem, in fact the mainly residential area is fairly quiet. I had worried about noise from trains as a train line passes through the middle of the green area in the Boulevard Pereire but only once did I hear a train (My room was at the front of the hotel and so facing the train line and as it was hot I had the windows open all night). There are also some good restaurants in the immediate surroundings and as this is an area that Parisians actually live in rather than just a tourist area, they are probably more Parisian and certainly much better value for money. In particular, Le Petit Villiers opposite Wagram metro station is a good choice.

Now, setting the location aside and concentrating on the hotel itself - it needs some love! Don't get me wrong, it's not dirty (despite what you might get as a first impression when you look at some spots) it's just in desperate need of care and repair. The furnishings are a little dated but more importantly the furniture, decor and the fixtures and fittings (mirrors, bath tiles, wallpaper, sheets etc etc etc) all need to be renewed or at least properly repaired. The cleaners actually did a great job each day, but there is a limit to what they can achieve when everything is so old. Towels were spotless everyday, I must say. I actually had a small twin room (I've had much smaller though) all to myself, but had to switch beds during the first night as I was so uncomfortable. The bed seemed to have springs which had given up on life on one side and springs which had taken a stimulant on the other, which gave a strange sensation of being about to tip out of the bed! The other bed was fine.

All the staff I spoke to at the hotel were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. They were all young and all spoke excellent English and were pleased to offer advice and information to make the most of your time in Paris.

The breakfast was not included in the rate for my room and this was probably good since when I went down on the first morning (at 8.20am, which is late for me, but not really that late as far as I am aware!) all that was left was some orange juice and half a croissant! The charge for breakfast is only €3 but still I would want more than this so I skipped the hotel offering and made use of a local boulangerie just round the corner in Avenue de Wagram.

Google Map

• Manara's Profile Photo

A bad case of overbooking

I would have been happy to describe my stay, if this hotel had allowed me.
    Unfortunately, although we had made our reservations just a few days in advance and phoned the hotel the same afternoon to inform about our late arrival, when we got there my colleague and I were told we would be accommodated at another hotel of the same group.
    I do not know how the rooms of the Pavillon Pereire are. For certain, the lobby of the second hotel looked much worse, and the rooms were horrible, but the price remained as high as the one of the first.
    I do not know how often this hotel group plays these tricks. For sure I prefer to give a warning to all those who search this website for advice.

• Brehone's Profile Photo

Charming Little Hotel

This was a very charming little hotel near the Arc de Triomphe. Each morning we were served a wonderful breakfast. The street was quiet and it seemed as if most of the buildings around us were residentail.

Directions: Near the Arc de Triomphe

More about Pavillon Pereire Arc De Triomphe

accomodation in paris

by pravdr

some serious suggestions about moderately priced hotels in paris with a good location and view.

by CALSF

Hi, please let us know your budget range for a "moderate" type of hotel.

by Brehone

I was in Paris in April and stayed at the Pavillon Pereire Arc de Triomphe. We didn't really have a view of any historical or touristy sites, but we enjoyed the quite street and the close metro line. If you are interested contact information is below.

email: pereire@hotelsparis.fr

address: 51 boulevard Pereire
75017 Paris

Tel: 33 (0) 44 01 04 90

Metro: Pereire-Ligne & RER C
Villiers-Ligne 2

Bus 53

by Marie_p75

To have a nice price you should try to rent or sublet apartments.

You can have some real nice places from cheap place to high standing and in great areas
Some of my friends (not brokers) sublet their apart sometimes, email me if you are interested in that kind of solution

Comments