Pink Hotel

Pink Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 45% more than other 2 star hotels

• Excellent Value

This hotel is near a subway and everything else you might need - grocery store, bakery, restaurants - however, it is a tad far from the tourist sites, in a residential neighbourhood. This can be a bonus as it gets you out of the crush of the very centre of the city and lets you breath a little. The service at the front desk as I checked in was friendly and efficient. I found the room typically small, but spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed. I was concerned that I faced out onto the street, but it turned out to be very quiet. The bathroom had an excellent shower. A treat, as the French are known more for the excellence of their wine than their plumbing! I stayed in the middle of the summer tourist season last summer (2010) for the equivalent of about $100CAD. I thought it was excellent value for the money. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends.

Unique Quality: Very clean, good plumbing, quiet, excellent value.

• tahte's Profile Photo

It's cute and all, but...

Having just stayed at a fabulous boutique hotel in London, I had high hopes for The Pink Hotel. Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed. Not because of the tiny room, thin walls and temperamental WiFi, but because the basics were missing. There was no phone, no clock, no bathmat and no washcloths (the night clerk insisted that the hand towels were the washcloths). The room was clean, but I started to wonder how clean when I found a dirty sponge in the bathroom.

On the positive side, the reception staff was nice and English-speaking (a plus for me and my rusty French). The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located in a residential area, away from the sites and tourist areas, but 2 metro stops are nearby.

Overall, it was like staying in somebody's cute bedroom, but for €119 ($166) per night, I wanted more. Unless they have a really good sale and I'm travelling alone, I wouldn't stay there again.

Unique Quality: The hotel is cute and in a residential area in the 12th arrondissement with 2 metro stations nearby. There are a good number of restaurants and stores in the area, and a street market on Boulevard de Reuilly Tuesdays & Fridays.

Directions: 12th arrondissement, near Metro stops Dugommier (line 6) and Daumesnil (lines 6 and 8).

More about Paris

Looking Down Champs Elyses to the Arc de TriompheLooking Down Champs Elyses to the Arc de Triomphe

The Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel Tower

Dome of the tombDome of the tomb

la Tour Eiffella Tour Eiffel

need help finding a nice pension

by salmbach

hi all, anyone out there have any suggestions on a nice pension. My wife and I are flying into Paris tomorrow and would like to find a nice pension to stay at. We would prefer it to be in a good location.
We appreciate any help/advice anyone could lend.
Great travels, Greg

by leanneedwards

I don't know about a pension but someone posted this hotel Marignan and it looks great and a great location and price... if you are looking at cost being a factor... breakfast included... google it... and see what you think I am very jealous love Paris!!!

by worldinabag

Hi

For some reason they don't have Pensions or B&Bs (or they don't call them this)in Paris. There are of course plenty of hotels. Our neighbours were pleased with the location and service of the Familia Hotel - http://www.hotel-paris-familia.com.

by Beausoleil

This is the only pension I know of in Paris. We have not stayed there but it looks very nice and the neighborhood is good. You might check them.

It's not a pension but the Hotel des Gobelins is very family-like and friendly, run by a charming woman from Jamaica. They are very reasonable and the location is just off the Latin Quarter. Here's the web site: http://www.hotelgobelins.com/frame.html

Enjoy your stay.

Travel Tips for Paris

When me and my family went to...

by gogadgetgirl

When me and my family went to paris and we were going to go see the Eiffel Tower and when you see it for the first time it feltlike I was going to break my neck because you look sofar up it was amazing! When you go there and then you had to leave you just miss everything!

See Sacre Coeur.
Superbly...

by steventilly

See Sacre Coeur.

Superbly beautiful Basilica set in a decidedly dodgy area of Paris! Don't accidently get off the Metro at Barbes and decide to walk back! Get off at Anvers and just head straight up the hill! It's a different world when you get to the top. When we arrived at Sacre Coeur the second time we went to Paris, there was a Jazz Saxophonist playing 'Take 5', our favourite jazz track. Now This type of thing is what makes Paris romantic!

The parisian districts : 20
If...

by BenFromParis

The parisian districts : 20
If you have an address and you don't know in wich district it is, don't worry. Look at the zip code. They are like this in Paris: 75001,75002, etc...
75 is the number of Paris and 001, 002, 003, etc.. is the district number.
Paris is in the middle of a big metropol. Don't forget that the official Paris limit is the part inside the ring ('périphérique' in french)

If you try to speak french in...

by Star_Dust

If you try to speak french in France to someone who knows English, they will automatically start speaking English with you, so that THEY could practice THEIR English! I got frustrated, since i wanted to improve my French. Just be accepting of this fact, and whatever happens, speak French back (if you want)...it's the only way to learn!

Jim Morrison's apartment in Paris

by Kid-A

This is where Jim lived for a few months with Pam before he died there--officially of heart failure (heroin overdose??). I don't know which floor (some say 3rd floor--the official U.S. embassy website says apartment 4e??). To get there, take the Metro to the Bastille station. Exit, head west on Rue Saint Antoine, turn left on Rue Beautrellis. It's number 17. I didn't, but I'm sure many people try buzzing the apartment to see if they can get a look. I'm guessing either no one answers or they tell you to go away. Let me know what happens if you try!

Comments