Plaza Tour Eiffel Paris

32 Rue de Greuze, (formerly Libertel Trocadero Sablons), Paris, Ile-de-France, 75116, France

Plaza Tour Eiffel
Hotels.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Ceashells's Profile Photo

Wonderful Location in Paris

From the moment we arrived until we left, we were treated very well. The staff here is wonderful. This is an excellent location, just a walk down a cobblestone street to the round about where the Trocadero is. From here, you have an stunning view of the Eiffel Tower, sidewalk cafes and crepe vendors. Just walk down the steps to the river and across the bridge and you at are the Eiffel tower. There is a boulangerie right next door to the hotel, which was wonderful for any treats we wanted to bring up to our room. I would most definetly stay here again!

Unique Quality: Our room did not have a view of tourist attractions but it did have a charming view of the cobblestone streets below where there were gift stores, cafes, bakeries. (Have to admit, I fantisized about buying the apartment across the street with all it's wrought iron balconies and floor to ceiling windows....until I saw that someone was moving in..sigh)
    But this is so close to the Trocadero that I felt I couldn't have chosen better for my first time in Paris, without paying exorbitant prices.

Directions: One street down and you are at the Trocadero, full view of the Eiffel Tower

More about Plaza Tour Eiffel Paris

Best Hotel Ever!

by TripAdvisor Member LaurelOakGolfer

The Plaza Tour Eiffel is a wonderful hotel. My husband and I have both travelled extensively for many years, both for vacation and for business. We have never stayed at a hotel anywhere that provided better customer service than we experienced at The Plaza Tour Eiffel. The room was very comfortable, although small, but this in no way detracted from our very pleasant four night stay .

The hotel staff went out of their way to help us by making reservations for local sightseeing events, helped us to get connected into the Internet, and in general were always available to cheerfully assist us and make us comfortable. We loved the hotel and Paris. The people were friendly everywhere we went. We will gladly recommend this hotel to friends and would not consider staying anywhere else when we return to Paris in the future. We love Paris and the Plaza Tour Eiffel!

Amazing Paris hotel perfect for a romantic weekend away!

by TripAdvisor Member NUTTYNAI

We stayed here with two other couples the weekend of 5th Jan 2008 and absolutely loved it!

First of all, the hotel is very clean - rooms immaculate and beautifully decorated. They are pretty average sized rooms and are finished to an exceptional standard. The hotel has a lovely feel to it, stylish but very personal and friendly.

The hotel has character, something we were looking for (didn't want to stay in a boring corporate hotel where you could have been anywhere in the world!) and is a short 2 minute walk away from an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower.

Also something to mention, it's in a lovely neighbourhood and I always felt safe (important for any ladies out there!!). Close by is the a metro line (Trocedro) where the whole of Paris is placed at your feet.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, couldn't fault them, breakfast buffet also very nice.

If you've booked the Plaza Tour Eiffel, you won't be disappointed. We will definitely return to Paris and without a doubt will stay at Plaza Tour Eiffel again! Can't recommend it enough!!

Nice stay at the Plaza.

by TripAdvisor Member Schleins Girl

Stayed at the Plaza Tour Eiffel for the New Years. Booked at deluxe room with two double beds, but i think i got a standard room with one (very large) bed. It was not deluxe in any way.
But the hotel was lovely. Absolutely lovely. Small hand written notes from the manager, lots of delicate, complimentary chokolate fighting with the new-year-resolution-diet, a super clean room and bathroom (that maid could get a job at my house anytime), everything was lovely.
We had the breakfast buffet once, and it was very nice. 15 euros pr. person.
The hotel is very close to the Eiffel Tower. It took us 5 minutes to walk to the Trocadero, where we had a fantastic view. It will take you about 15 minutes to go to the tower. Lots of lovely cafees at the Trocadero as well, and if you walk down Avenue Kleber, you will be at Champs Elysee in 15 minutes.
All in all, a a nice place to stay.

Nice hotel, a few issues

by TripAdvisor Member XPatVisitor

We spent four nights at this hotel. We chose it on the basis of all the great reviews on TripAdvisor - I've found this to be a reliable way to choose hotels around Europe.
The Plaza Tour Eiffel is well-positioned, very smart, and clean. The bedrooms are comfortable, well designed, modern, and the plasma screen TV was great. The staff were mostly fine (not outstanding) except on the first night. We arrived pretty late after a long journey. I checked the menu - room service until 2.30am. So I called down as it was around midnight. The reply I got was: "If you want a drink, you'll have to come down here and get it - I'm not coming up to the rooms." To me this is unacceptable. If there was some legitimate reason that room service was not available that night, an apology for this, and a suggestion that i collect something from downstairs myself would have been no problem. The other issue was that our room was like a sauna. The hotel staff tried to fix this when we brought this to their attention. It was not fixed so we lived with it for the whole stay. Despite it being January, we had to sleep with the windows wide open which makes it very noisy in the middle of Paris! Overall I was disappointed (and insulted!) compared with many great stays at other hotels across Europe and the USA. I would personally not stay here again - especially given the pretty high price we paid ~210 Euros per night.

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JLAnnie

This is a small boutique hotel in Paris. It is beautiful, contemporary and completely new due to a recent renovation. The rooms were large by Paris standards. We liked the bed pillows so much that when we returned to the US by husband had me run out to Bloomingdales to purchase some for ourselves. We were so comfortable at this hotel and the staff treated us like their family. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. There also is a small cafe right across the street from the hotel's front door that has a small dining room upstairs, very French, with the best food we had in Paris. They only serve lunch, so get there for it. . . not to be missed.

We'll definitely be back

by TripAdvisor Member adrmannyc

The PTE is an extremely comfortable hotel. The rooms were large by Parisian standards and the staff could not have been more helpful. Free wifi is an added bonus. I also noted that tripadvisor has the hotel listed as a 3*, but in fact it is a 4*. This was the first time we stayed in the 16th and we really liked the location. On previous visits, we've stayed in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. This will be home base for our future ones.

Great customer service and superb location

by TripAdvisor Member AlnMeg

I booked this hotel as a surprise weekend and chose the PTE based on the previous reviews. We arrived fairly late on a Thursday evening and wanted to head straight out for a few drinks. The very funny & friendly night porter gave us easy directions to a square at the Trocadero where there were a few cafe-bars to choose from. We stopped at the first, being very thirsty, and it couldn't have been more spectacular with a superb view of the Eiffel Tower; we had a wonderful evening there.

The hotel itself is incredibly stylish, very clean and as per previous reviews, the staff were extermely helpful.

The beds are amazingly comfortable and, being away from our kids for the weekend, we slept like logs. Can't comment on the breakfast because we never made it down in time but i can imagine it is as good as others have described it.

The location is great with a 5 minute walk to the metro and a taxi rank.

Some tips for places to eat or drink:

- Cocktails at the George V hotel; expensive but an experience not to be missed
- Dinner at Alcazar (in the St. Germaine district); fantastic atmosphere and food

Can't wait to come back Paris and this hotel but I reckon with all these glowing reviews it will become a very popular destination.

Fabulous Paris Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member PhotoRun

My husband and I wanted a little getaway before Christmas so we decided on Paris. We were looking for a reasonably priced, little hotel that had non-smoking rooms and was fairly central located, but not on a busy street. This hotel was perfect for meeting all of our criteria.

We arrived in the afternoon on Tues. 11-Dec and checked out on Sun. 16-Dec. We booked our room online where we found they were offering a winter special rate - we paid apprx 950 Euros for 5 nights, which we felt was a good rate. The hotel is located in the Trocadero area which an affluent, primarily residential area which is very quite and within walking distance from the Tour de Eiffel.

The hotel staff were absolutely fabulous! They were very welcoming and helpful....cannot say enough good things about them.

The entire hotel has been refurbished in 2006 and is all non-smoking. Additionally it has air-conditioning for the summer months. Our room was modern, well appointed, and good size by European standards. The comfort of the bed was acceptable (definitely not the Heavenly Bed at the Westin) - would have given 5 stars if the bed was fabulous. The bathroom was new and clean. They provide you with L'Occitane en Provence products (shampoo, conditioner, soap, and body lotion). There is a flat panel TV in the room and their cable service offers two English speaking channels – CNN for news and a general BBC channel with various prgms.

The hotel has a restaurant for breakfast – 14 Euros per person. We tried their buffet once and it was ok and suitable if you are short on time and require breakfast in the hotel before you leave. They offered the usual breads, cold meats, pastries, yoghurt, fresh whole fruit (e.g. apples, oranges) and canned fruit (e.g. pineapple). They also offered scrambled eggs and bacon. We had much better breakfasts from cafes in the area – much better value for money as well.

Overall this is a wonderful little hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

a perfect paris hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HETHERS

We were going to paris for the fisrt time and it was our hooneymoon so the hotel made a big part of our trip. The hotel was amazing the staff were so friendly and willing to help with no problems from them what so ever. The rooms were large and wonderfully decorated with amazing bathrooms and clean to the top standards. On christmas day our Hair dryer stoped working when I had wet hair and they had fixed the problem within minutes of phoning down to reception which is super service in my eyes. we will be back to paris and will only be staying here. a perfect hotel for a perfect honneymoon. Oh you must try the cake shop next door. Cake like you have never tasted before!.

Comments