Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel Ex. Hilton Suffren

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel Ex. Hilton Suffren

Eiffel Tower

by genki44

Of course if you are going to Paris, you are going to visit the Eiffel Tower. IF you really like the Eiffel Tower and want it to have more of a ubiquitous presence than it does-- then stay at the Paris Hilton. The view of it from their rooms (ask for a room with a view) is spectacular! Epsecially given that the tower lights up and sparkels on the hour, every hour!

Also, The Paris Hilton is great, and for about 200 Euros per night you can stay there, and enjoy the view, and the great complimentary breakfast!

Also, the crepes sold nearby the Eiffel tower are simply delicious!! As are all crepes in Paris, of course, but you just feel like you are really living life the way it is meant to be lived if you are eating one, walking along the River Seine and gazing up at the Eiffel Tower!

Spectacular views

by TripAdvisor Member jackieh8

I just returned from my second trip to Paris and my second stay at this hotel. While I don't disagree with some of the reviewers that the hotel is showing some age, the location can not be beat. If you can get a room facing the Eiffel tower you will not be disappointed. Both times I found the staff to be very helpful. My husband left a pair of slacks and shirt at the Charles DeGaulle Hilton the night before and the staff at the Paris Hilton went out of their way to get his clothes delivered to us before we left the next day.

Would stay again...

Me and my partner recently took a weekend break to Paris for our anniversary and we stayed at the Paris Hilton for 1 Saturday night.

We walked from the train station across Paris to the Hilton and we were about an hour early for the check-in time of 2pm. They did offer us a room on the smoking floor which was available but we said this was fine and we would wait until our room which we had booked was ready at 2pm. The staff were very accommodating and offered to store our luggage for us which allowed us to free ourselves up of our heavy baggage and then we got to walk up the River and see the sites.

The Eiffel tower is literally next door to the Hilton, you could not get a better location! We stayed in a King Deluxe room (Room 314) which was quite expensive at about £270 including taxes) but we felt it was worth it. We wanted a romantic view of my favourite landmark in Paris, and that's what we got. The only issue we did have with the room was a football pitch was also a view we got, directly below our window and there were teams constantly playing games there. Interesting to watch, but could get a bit noisey when the players were yelling at each other!!

The room was reasonably sized, an although not very grand for the money we paid to stay there. The bed was King Sized and so unbelievably comfortable. Of course everything in the hotel was over priced, a can of Coke out the mini bar was about £5! We had breakfast in the morning which was about 30 Euros for both of us which got us a really well stock buffet full of everything you could possibly want. On our last day we checked out by 12noon and again the staff took care of our luggage for us whilst we explored.

If you want a hotel near the Eiffel Tower this one is for you, but we did completely wear out the soles of our shoes walking round to the other attractions in Paris which are a lot further down the River, but we did discover on our last day, an open top tour bus which is about 24 Euros each for an open ended ticket, takes you to all the sites where you can jump off the bus and explore, then jump on another bus to carry on exploring whenever you fancy.

We would love to stay at this hotel again but would have to pay the extra for a room with a view again. We did take a look round the back of the hotel and it definately did not look at posh as the front half where we were staying. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and full of American's in fur coats and had a very grand feeling about it.

Wonderful stay: don't understand all the bad reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Tampa_Law_Guy

Just returned from a four-day, three-night stay at the Hilton Paris with my partner. It was a wonderful choice for our time in Paris.

The hotel is situated on the cusp of the 7th and 15th arrondisements, which is on the left bank right adjacent to the Eiffel Tour and the Champs de Mars. We had reserved an Executive King Room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Upon checking in, we were given a room on the 6th floor with a King Bed and a balcony with a direst view of the Eiffel Tower. The room was spacious and big by European standards. The bathroom was a good size and had a shower curtain, which is something I am not accustomed to getting in European hotels. The hotel had set up a 1-liter bottle of Evian and a box of chocolates as a welcome gift, accompanied with a nice note. My partner is a member of the Hilton Gold Rewards program and always gets some sort of welcome gift.

The front desk staff was very friendly and spoke good English. Our room rate included daily bufft breakfast, which was very good and varied. There was your usual scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potato cakes, pancakes, cereals, milk, juices, etc. There was also a station to order omlettes, french toast, crepes and pancakes. You also had a selection of breads, croissants, etc. It was a good way to start the day with a full tummy.

Because of the Hilton Rewards program, we also had access to their hospitality suite on the 10th floor of the hotel facing the Eiffel Tour. It was open from 10am to around 10:30pm every day. You can go up there and relax, have free drinks (soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, water and champagne at night) and small snacks like finger sandwiches and fried mozzarella sticks. You can't go wrong with free drinks, sure saved a lot of 4 euro-a-pop drink purchases.

The room was decorated nicely. It was elegant yet understated. Soft earth tones. The room had clearly been renovated sometime recently. The bed was firm but not so hard that it was uncomfortable to sleep on. You have your own temperature regulator, which is always nice.

The hotel facade, as reported, is not anything to write home about. Yes, it is gray and not that pretty. But, the inside is what matters and that was more than acceptable for us. The hotel is a few blocks from the Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel RER line C stop, which connects you to the Pont De L'Alma, Invalides, Musee D'Orsay and Saint Michel stops from which you can catch a connecting metro line to pretty much any part of town. There is also the Bir Hakeim metro station a few blocks from the hotel, which is one of the 20-plus local lines. Location was very convenient for going to Versailles on the RER C line.

The hotel has a business center on the lower floor with email access for 5 euros for each 15 minutes. The hotel is used by business travelers as well, so you will see a few more suits on weekdays than on weekends.

Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay at the Hilton Paris. It was well worth what we spent (200 euros a night). We would definitely consider staying there again on a future trip to Paris.

Good Hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member JMSurrey

This hotel is like all hotel chains - if you want a decent room you need to book a "deluxe" or "executive". It seems that all the bad reviews are about the "standard" rooms which have no view and whcih have not been renovated. We did ago for a deluxe room and had a lovely, newly renovated room on the 9th floor with a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower and the roof tops of Paris (and of course the football pitch but never mind that).

The hotel is literally at the feet of the Eiffel Tower and although it is a bit of a walk to some of the other main sights the Arc de Triomphe, Champs elysees and the Musee D'Orsay are close by and the Louvre and the quartier latin are easily walkable. THere are boat tours whcih leave from a quai just beside the Eiffel Tower and the RER and several metro stations are within 10 mins walk.

We got a good deal on the room rate (200 Euros per night) as a weekend package which included a fantastic breakfast buffet and we also got a free box of chocs and litre of Evian.

I would recommend this hotel. It is not a romantic Paris luxury boutique experience and is definitely designed for the middle management american business market but at the cheaper weekend break rate - its well worth it.

Just a wonderful time and great service

Well, I can echo many of the positive comments from those that enjoyed their stay at this hotel. I agree that to get the full benefit you simply MUST upgrade to a Deluxe or Executive type room with a balcony and view of the Eiffel Tower. The view of the tower at night especially was just fantastic. Sitting out on the balcony (just move the inside chairs out!) in the very late evening after a wonderful day on the town was almost indescribable. During lulls in the day when changing for dinner or whatever, the football pitch (soccer to us Americans) had matches going on all day and the balcony view was excellent. The location is great and close to good transportation.

Now for the service. We had contact with the concierge before we arrived and asked him if he would have any luck getting us a dinner reservation at Jules Verne (on a Friday or Saturday!!), well, he didn't laugh at us as I expected. I had tried 3 months beforehand and had no luck with the restaurant. Well, the concierege (Christophe) politely said he was unsuccessful but he would keep trying. Now, this was weeks before we arrived. I thanked him, but really didnt expect him to continue. We arrive and sure enough there is a note from him stating he had reservations for us that evening. We had already arranged a Moulin Rouge show/dinner/cruise for that evening and our tickets clearly stated they were non-refundable. He called the tour operator for us and moved it to the following evening. Above and beyond is what we think of that.

We found the entire hotel staff to be helpful and friendly throughout our stay. The evening drinks and snacks were perfect before heading out for a night on the town. Just a wonderful time at a top rate hotel. We would certainly stay here again.

rm_cardwell's new France page

by rm_cardwell

I had an office in Strassburg. Was in Paris many, many times. Stayed at Scribe, Plaza, Louis V, Hotel de l'Europa on Rue Magenta, Paris Hilton by the tower and even spent the night a couple of times in Gare Nord.

sislander's new France Page

by sislander

I have been to Paris twice. The most recent visit was in 1999. It is quite a city. We stayed at the Paris Hilton. This hotel is near the Eiffel Tower. We walked along the Seine in a light rain. It was really very romantic.

Maputosimon on France

by Maputosimon

La France....well, we've all heard of it for a million different reasons, and it means different things to us all. For me it's a unique combination of relaxation & culture, while being able to stay in touch with your own world, and having the opportunity to open a whole new one! All sorts of people go through France. While in Paris, I had a stopover in the Paris Hilton, courtesy of Air France, and I must say, that was the biggest breakfast I could dream of! The guys there must have started preparing it at 4am, and if I'd eaten one of everything, it would have taken me over 4 hours!

Paris Part 1

by geekgrrl

"Sunday 4/11/93"

We arrived at Orly Airport and took the train into Paris. We walked to the Paris Hilton right under the Eifel Tower. After we checked in and dumped our luggage, we walked: Eiffel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe, Champs d'Elysee, Place du Concord, Tourleries Gardens, Louvre (there was a LOT of construction at the Louvre and it was closed), Notre Dame. We stopped at a sidewalk cafe and had onion soup and ham sandwiches.

In front of Palais de Chailot

Flowers in front of Palais de Chaillot
Across the river from the Eiffel Tower

Palais de Chaillot
Across the river from the Eiffel Tower
Note: all the people on top are taking pictures of the Eiffel Tower

Avenue Kleber

Arc de Triomphe
Taken from Champs d’Elysees

hilton hotel- paris

by kinjalnz15

hi mate, i m planning a trip to paris,and thinking of staying at paris hilton,just wana know if this hotel has travel desk to arrange tours in paris ,if you know any info will be great.
thanks

RE: hilton hotel- paris

by CALSF

Hi, I've never stayed at the Paris Hilton, but I am sure there is a concierge who can book your tours. In fact, even the small, independent Parisian hotels book tours for their guests. You may want to email the hotel directly with any questions you may have.

Eiffel view

by AMSTERSAM

I would like a hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower from the room. I have stayed at the Paris Hilton, but would like another choice. Thanks

Re: Eiffel view

by happyboy48

We Stayed at the Splendid Hotel.The rooms were very reasonable. We reserved a deluxe room on the top floor we used Expedia and got a good deal with the airfare. We had nice views of the the eiffel tower and the invalades dome.Also its 2 blocks away from the Rue Cler market. from the Balcony we had a light show every night from the effiel tower on the left and to the right was the Invalades Dome which was a sight in the morning sun.

Paris Hotel

by Shakermaker

Hello everyone!
I will be in Paris for 4 nights between the 28 and the 31st of May.
Im looking for a nice hotel (not luxury but not budget either, i'd say 3, 4 or 5 stars) that must have a great location since i will be with some people over 70 so I'm trying to make them walk as little as posible.
Thank you very much!!
Rodrigo

RE: Paris Hotel

by jlanza29

Why don't you start at looking at the Paris Hilton next to the Effiel Tower that runs about 150 Euro's a night.....but if you want a more perfect location try the Mariott on The Champs-Elysees .....that is dead smack in the middle of everything that is Paris.....read my travel pages they might help some !!!! Happy travels.....jlanza29

RE: Paris Hotel

by raphaellecrevet

Don't try to look for five star hotels, there is no such thing in France, the aximum would be four star.

by jlanza29

I beg to defer......there is numberous 5 star hotels in Paris....1. The Four Seasons 2. Hotel Crillion 3. Plaza Athenee 4. The Mandrin Oriental 5. The Ritz 6. The Hyatt Vendome... these are just some hotels off the top of my head....... 5 stars hotels in the city of Lights are some of the most expensive in the world.....I wouldn't be surprised to see the prices starting at 600 or 700 Euro's a night for a standard room at one of these places !!!! Most of these hotels are out of our price range is another thing but they do exist !!!!

by raphaellecrevet

I repeat : these hotels are not five star hotels but "quatre étoiles luxe" which means four star luxury, not five stars as this category doen't exist in France...

by raphaellecrevet

Also Novotel is a good three-star hotel chain, you have plenty of them in Paris

Comments