Quality Hotel Gare Du Nord Paris

31 et 33 rue de Saint-Quentin, (formerly Comfort Hotel), Paris, Ile-de-France, 75010, France

Hotel Gare Du Nord
Priceline.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Get the basics, convenience by the train

Basically, this Comfort Inn lcation is very convenient if you come to Paris by train, Gare du Nord is just a 2-5 min walk away. Many restaurants, cafes, an all-hours bureau de change, and attractions of Montmatre are reachable by a nice, longer stroll. Accomodations are American-friendly. The staff is at least bilingual and friendly. Security is met well. After about 20:00 or so, the main entrance does lock down, so someone from staff lets hotel guests inside. Breakfast is served by the lobby every morning and newspapers is available. Style points are made here with the decor of the interior walls and bedding.

Warning: The elevator is cramp, typical Paris-tiny. One of two adults can go up at a time. I cannot recommend this hotel for those disabled in a wheelchair. One of my companions on a trip had a huge wheelchair that had to be dissembled in order to be transported. Other than this detail, I can recommend this place to those who want the basics in accomodations with a little style.

Unique Quality: pretty, bright reception and lobby

Directions: a few steps from/to train station, off Rue du Dunkerque

• bcorbitt's Profile Photo

Just a block from Gare Du Nord

Was moved to this hotel since the Comfort Hotel Malesherbes was overbooked and had booked us into two single rooms instead of one room with two single beds. Not sure if this was true as I am judging they had other people in the same situation as our cab drive was going back to the hotel for more guests.

Had to switch rooms at this hotel from a Double room to a twin room. The difference between the two was the double was a little large and had an extra futon chair that could sleep a small third person. The bathroom was large with a regular size bathroom shower combination, through with no curtain or door. The twin room was small and the b athroom only had a shower though it had a glass door which kept the floor from getting soaked which was a problem at my friends apartment in Paris.

The beds was comfortable and the room came with a small TV with 7 or so french channels and BBC and CNN. Did not eat the Breakfast as their were cheaper Cafe within a block of the hotel.

The staff were helpful and even late at night there was a doorman watching the front door.
    The hotel had both English and French language newspapers. The room also had Easter eggs and a coffee machine.

Unique Quality: The main reason to stay at this hotel is that the Gare Du Nord train station which is the easist way to get to any locatin North of Paris is within a block. If one is stay for just a couple days or plans on using Paris as a jumping off point for day trips this is great. If one plans to spend time in paris I would recommend either a centralized location near the Louvre or Latin Quarter or near where the nightlife is which in the Marias or near the Place republique or the rue du Oberkampf.

Directions: Gare Du Nord in the 10th

More about Quality Hotel Gare Du Nord Paris

Paris - Apollo Hotel Gare Du Nord

by iluvtrvl

My early 20's son and daughter and I will be in Paris as part of an overall Europe jaunt in early September 2004. We will sightsee all day on Monday, stay Tuesday night, and will have until around 2:00 pm on Tuesday to sightsee. We will depart for Amsterdam via Gare du Nord, so I was thinking it would be good to stay at a hotel close to there, where we can stow our bags and be hands -free as we do our Tuesday sightseeing. We are planning on purchasing tickets for hop on/hop off buses to navigate around the city, so being close to museums, etc. is not important - I think. I see on the internet Apollo Hotel Gare du Nord is closeby, and from the website information, appears to be suitable. Has anyone stayed at this hotel or can anyone provide advice? We are most interested in clean and safe. I am seeing that there is not much availability in Paris during our time of visit in hotels recommendationed by friends, so I am left to the mercy of internet searches and think the VT community can offer much better tips. Thanks!

by Hamster_Huey

Mhmm let me just add than a day and a half in Paris is way too short to even scratch the surface of all the City has to offer...

One week per European city is barely enough... I would advise to choose quality over quantity...

by iluvtrvl

Thanks for the information. And yes, I know that a day and a half in Paris is too short, however, my children's vacation time is limited and they want to see alot...so we will be hitting Paris, Amsterdam, the Rhine River region in Germany, Salzburg and Munich in 11 days.....I've been to Paris before, and agree that we need more time, however, they will most likely not have the opportunity to travel to Europe again for a very long time, so I can at least let the "taste" Europe. When they are older, then they can return to those areas they glimpsed and want to see more of.

by Hamster_Huey

have you checked Guyon's page? he is quite the refernce here concerning tips about Paris. I believe his page mentions quite a few hotels. you might find what you need there...

Comments