Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees Paris

Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Good view of Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower

Very nice 'boutique' hotel - quiet, clean and with friendly staff. Rooms have hardwood flooring, "Westin"-type heavenly bed and flat panel TV. I paid an extra 50 Euro/night for a room with a balcony. The view was awesome! Two blocks to Champs Elysees and the Metro, 20-minute walk to river cruise, many restaurants close by .... everything is so convenient. Very enjoyable stay. Would recommend this hotel to all my buddies!

More about Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees Paris

LOVED the Radisson SAS Champs Elysees!

We loved this hotel! The staff was unbelievable; they were so accommodating, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and pleasant. The location is so convenient to the subway and walking distance to everything! The rooms were immaculate, full of amenities, modern, sleek and beautiful. This hotel made our trip to Paris wonderful! It is honestly a perfect hotel!

A very tasty club sandwich!

by ilovespain about The bar @ Radisson Champs Elysees

My room wasn't ready yet by the time I arrived at Radisson Champs Elysees. It was around noon and I was a bit hungry. Checking out the menu at the bar, I went ahead and ordered a club sandwich and a French beer. It was excellent!!

Not too bad!

by ilovespain about Chez Andre

On a street full of upscale boutiques, this bistro was recommended to me by the concierge at Radisson Champs Elysees. As you can see, I am enjoying myself with a glass of champagne and some foie gras. The tenderloin that I had later was good too. But the disappointment came when I ordered the mille feuille for dessert. It was very soggy. Quite a big difference when I compare it to the one that I truly enjoyed at Fouquet's last year. Overall I would give it a B+. :o)

No Room Even You Paid weeks Ago!

A room booked and being confirmed online at the rate of EURO252 on 15 August 2005 with Hotel Champs Elysees. When I arrived at the hotel, the manager claimed the hotel was full due to some unexpected circumstances (somebody was sick blah blah blah ...) and she offered to transfer us to the Hotel du Louve which is on the very opposite side of the city and in terms of its condiditons, it looks worn-out. My partner and I would love to stay in a boutique hotel so we didn't accept the offer and was offered to another SAS hotel in Boulogne which is far from the city and we checked in at 9pm eventually. The manager seems learn little about our story and he said he used to work in the Champs Elysees one - he suggested there might be an overbooking there. I discovered the online room rate of this SAS is EURO175, different from what I paid EURO252 online for the Champs Elysees one so I asked if there is a refund. The manager at Boulgne said this has nothing to do with his hotel - it's something between me and the SAS Champs Elysees. All he could do was to offer us two breakfast - but we didn't comsume the next morning. The SAS Champs Elysees didn't even offer to pay for my taxi fare to Boulgne, not to mention all those phone calls made through my roaming phone card. My partner and I stayed in Paris for only two days but the hotel thing spent 50% time of our trip. We checked in at 9pm and checked out the next day at 11am. The entire trip has been spolied for the re-location within Paris. I wonder why the hotel doesn't honour a booking of 3 weeks in advance. There is a cancellation charge applying onto the client, but it doens't seem to appy onto the hotel itself, I wonder. Also, if they put me in a hotel of different location and rate, why they didn't offer an refund of the difference, plus all compensation of commuting cost and time lost?

Not a 5-Star Hotel, but pretty good

I think this hotel claims to be a five-star hotel; but a 5 minute walk to the Four Seasons George V hotel will show anyone what true undiluted 5-star luxury is. Having said that we received good friendly service from almost all the staff. The rooms were clean and furnished in the contemporary style. The location is very good indeed: just a stones throw from Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe.

A few relatively minor negatives: the room was quite small and difficult to move around (but then again this is paris); the toiletries in the bathroom were not up to standard; and breakfast was overpriced, short on quantity and designed mainly for the businessman in a hurry, not the relaxing tourist. They charged us 315 Euros per night (excluding breakfast) which I felt in view of the size of the rooms (on the 2nd floor) and their amenities was not great value; but the location and modern feel of the hotel almost made up for that.

Very enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member Hampshire-resident

Very good stay for a reasonable rate (202 Euro per night). Didn't try the breakfast (seemed rather expensive), but there are so many cafes in Paris this wasn't a problem. Slightly out of the centre location, but most of the tourist sites easily reached by the nearby Metro. Excellent soundproofing in the room and very effective air conditionning. Car park very useful and friendly staff.
Recommended.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member New2Ohio

We spent three nights there last week and loved it. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Very nice "European contemporary" room, great service, delicious breakfast and a terrific location only a block off Champ Elyees.

Great Base for Paris

Just returned from an 8-night stay at the Radison SAS Champs. We found this to be a great base of operations for a long stay in Paris. Convenient to George V station on the 1-line to reach Louvre, Notre-Dame, etc. On Ave. Marceau off the etoile at the Arc, about 1km to Tour Eiffel. Very quiet room, with no street noise, or noise from other rooms. Very effective AC, very comfortable with large beds. Bathrooms were large and modern, and the property was very, very clean. Nice bar and courtyard ideal for relaxing after a day of touring. Bar and restaurant seemed a little high, so we ate mostly on the Champs, or in several of the cafes along Ave. Marceau. We arrived tired and early, but the staff got us in our room by noon and were very helpful. Concierege services were good and the staff were friendly and respectful of privacy, but were also available and effective. Booked for a rate of 275Euros (about $330) and found this to be consistent with a hotel of comparable price in any large city in the states. I would recommend this hotel for couples or business purposes and found it to be a modern, clean, convenient base in the center of Paris.

Comments