Radisson Blu Hotel Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 53% less but rated 28% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Extraordinarily shocking.

great ambience, smaller than usual rooms. clean. and thats about it for the good stuff.

stayed here for 4 nights and on the 3rd night we discovered that the cleaners have stolen our wine along with some food. unacceptable. i dont want to go out on a limb and say that all french people have some kind of "thief" gene embedded in them, but its getting harder and harder to leave that thought. friend's phone got stolen a day before that. just not a pleasant stay in this city.

hotel's definitely not worth its price. not in a great location, requires shuttle busses to transport to airport. busses don't come on time either.

would not advise staying here

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Near to the airport

The hotel is close to the airport, there is a shuttle bus from the Charles de Gaulle airport to the hotel. The shuttle runs every 15-30 minutes throughout the day. there are defined drop off and pick up points, which can be confusing. The service does not run much beyond midnight.

To reach the city centre, is easy enough, but you need to get to the airport railway station and travel into the City by train. The service is not 24 hours a day, so you should check when it starts and finishes.

If you miss the bus, a taxi can be very expensive!

The hotel has an excellent restaurant, with local produce used during the evening dinner sessions.

They have many themed evenings and weeks in the restaurant.

Unique Quality: There is a wide range of sporting and relaxation equipment - tennis courts, swimming pool, sauna and excellent bar area!

The grounds also boast a small chapel.

• jonden's Profile Photo

distance

Excellant accomodation BUT is a distance to the city.
    Minibus from the airport /metro to hotel runs every 30mins or 15mins depending on time of day.
    I was there over a weekend and i have to say it feels a very lonely place.

Directions: Away from anything

More about Radisson Blu Hotel Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris

Very nice hotel

I had to stay close to the airport and choose this hotel because of the latter reason. Location is about 10 min's drive from the airport in a quite area. They offer a shuttle service from the airport. Rooms are avarage in size and are very clean. The restaurant is big and dinner and breakfast was very good. Overall, better that the hotels in the same class in mid Paris. Only drawback is that it is far from the centre of Paris, but for a stay over or transit ...great hotel.

Good hotel but flawed

by TripAdvisor Member siestageorge

We stayed one night. It is a modern, attractive hotel with a nice pool and health club. However, it does not seem to be well managed: Our room shower did not function and trying to order the advertised continental breakfast (instead of the buffet) was like pulling teeth. But the shuttle service was reliable and punctual.

Great value and comfort for night before flight

We ended our three week European holiday at this Radisson near the CDG Airport. After a week of very modest accommodation in Croatia, we were more than appreciative of a real king sized bed, plush bath robes, slippers and selections of body washes and soaps. We arrived quite late and only had to wait about 15 minutes for the shuttle. The friendly and accommodating check-in attendant upgraded us to the business floor where it seemed like we were the only guests on the floor. Room service was delivered in 20 minutues as promised. Our room was quiet and comfortable...so comfortable that we slept for 11 hours! Check out was efficient and shuttle back to the airport on time. The CDG Radisson was an excellent choice for us to catch our plane back to Canada the next day....and the price...unbeatable. We paid $112 CAD (all in) for the room.

Great value, great stopover, great hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member desertdenizen

I almost didn't stay here since so many people had such bad reports on the shuttle and the location in the "boonies" and crowded rooms and rude staff. Must be a parallel universe since I found it to be a perfect airport hotel, and certainly an attitudinal improvement over most French hotels in which I have stayed over the last twenty years. My flight schedules required this stopover on July 18, so I opted for the Radisson, never mind the reports that I'd be searching for the shuttle for hours. Well, I waited all of one minute for the shuttle on arrival at CDG and the drivers were all pleasant, friendly, and very fluent in English. The reception staff on all shifts were very gracious, and yes, friendly, as well! The room was very nice - spacious, well-appointed,-crisp linens, good air conditioning, and QUIET! I was too tired to go into town but Parisian friends took pity on me and came out to have dinner. They reluctantly agreed that the food was totally up to their standards - we enjoyed the al fresco dining and had wonderful grilled salmon and gigantic filets of beef topped with a decadent and equally substantial servings of pan fried foie gras. (Healthier choices were on the menu, but hey...Paris...one night...etc!) Service was perfect and the waiter was a charmer with a great sense of humor. As to being in the sticks, well that's where they have to put airports, but the little village of Le Mesnil-Amelot appeared to be an easy walk, and I am sure one could probably get a lift from the shuttle drivers. Really, this was so much better for the price and quality of service than what I've experienced at JFK and LHR airport hotels! To top it off, I managed to misplace my receipt and the hotel faxed me a duplicate, so I got my travel report in on time. I'll definitely come back if the situation again requires a stopover at CDG!

Comments