2 Place des Pyramides, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• davequ's Profile Photo

My favorite Paris Luxury Hotel

I've checked out the Ritz and others in Paris, but if I was going to blow the wad on a romantic night(s) of luxury in Paris, I would do it at Hotel Regina.

It has everything I love: history, beauty, architecture, a killer view from some of the terraces, food, and location location location if you're a classic central Paris freak.

During high season the good rooms with views go for about 400 Euros / night, and can sometimes be as low as 225 Euros / night during the winter or with specials.

If the sky is the limit and your honeymoon is in Paris, I don't think you can do any better than this, though Hotel Ritz, Hotel Meurice, and
    Hôtel Plaza Athénée fans would certainly and rightfully disagree.

You can download a brochure here:
    Hotel info
    and see what you think.

Unique Quality: All the classic, historical central Paris sites within easy walking distance. Great views of Tuileries, an excellent restaurant and salon,

Maybe some of the most amazing ambience / furnishings anywhere.
    Here is a virtual tour: Goto the page below and click on "Virtual Visit" in the lower right corner:

Hotel Regina Virtual Visit

Directions: Between Metro Tuileries and Palais Royal just off / up from Rue de Rivoli
    Here's a map: Regina map

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

One of Paris' Poshest

Situated between the Place Vendome and the Louvre, the Hotel Regina is one of Paris' best-known luxury hotels. The famous gilt statue of Joan of Arc stands outside in the Place des Pyramides, but the Hotel Regina (whether you can afford it or not) is a typical example of Paris' urban architecture.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

A Tribute to the FALL in Paris........

During our *million dollar* stroll through les grands boulevards of Paris, and as we approached the famous "Statue de Jeanne d'Arc," we stumbled upon the famous Hotel Regina.

Coined as the first of three Parisian luxury hotels created by Leonard Tauber and Constant Baverez, the "Regina" was built on the former site of the Louvre's royal carousel.

More significant to us was that it was featured in one of the most famous scenes in Eric Schaeffer's Indie film, "Fall."

One of the film's most heart-wrenching scenes takes place when the tenacious main character pursues his beloved muse all the way to Paris...........where there he finds her leaving the Hotel Regina, hand in hand, with her husband.

From across the Place des Pyramides she spots him, they share a glance, and she can feel his heart breaking as the narration of "Shiver's" poetry to Sarah plays in the films background:

"I know you would never fly a million miles just to see me smile at you. Someday maybe, but not today. So I guess I better disappear, Sarah. I know you'll be okay, and soon I will be too. And maybe, just maybe, if god so desires, a day will come when, as friends, we will find ourselves accidentally strolling along the white cliffs of Dover, or the mountain rocks of Mendocino, or the bonnie, emerald north of the Scottish seaboard........

.......or the glistening harbor of old New York, and from the heights, in the stars, among the angels whose arms will cradle us, in a moment neither of us was told about but knew like our oldest happiness, we will look into each other's eyes and know....it is today. It is today. And whether that day is tomorrow, or next week, or next year, or next lifetime......

.....I will finally get to tell you to your sweet face. The face I will miss more than I could ever tell, that......I love you. And you'll smile wryly, close your eyes, say 'catch me baby'.........and fall."

*Goose pimples.*

• Marvellous Panaroma..

Hotel Regina was very kind with us.. They gave us a very nice room looking to Jardin des Tulleries, d'Orsay, Tour Eiffel, Invalides... Inside was extremely nice. It was written also in the guide book of Touring Club that the hotels furnitures are not changed from 1900's.. It's elegance, hospitality, location, calm was worth to be lived!

Unique Quality: The atmosphere was stunning.. It was exactly in the heart of the city.. Thus we've had many walks to arrive to our aim points..

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

HôTEL DANS LE QUARTIER: LES TUILERIES

It is a miracle that so few tourists know this fine hotel......

in the lounge is a wooden detal which is a most wonderful example of Art Nouveau.

Man a film has been made here on this nice location.

Unique Quality: From the rooms with antique furniture you have a fabulous view on the rue de Rivoli...

You will feel at home here...

There are 130 kamers.
    Your dog or cat may stay here too!
    Of course there is an elevator, yipee.....

Directions: cityplan: 12 E1

More about Regina Hotel

Regina Hotel Paris France L o v e d I t!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vat

We stayed at the Regina Hotel from Feb. 16-23-06. We booked a Junior Suite. We can't say enough about the staff and the location. Our room was perfect and the view from our room of the Eiffel Tower was stunning.
We were right next door to the Louvre.
We would stay there again in the future.

A Great Time in Paris and at the Hotel Regina

by TripAdvisor Member The_TravelerUSA101

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hotel Regina, and we absolutely loved it. It’s a beautiful hotel, with a grand old-fashioned atmosphere and style. The lobby and common areas are particularly impressive. The rooms, while comfortable, could use some updating. Despite the somewhat dated décor, we enjoyed our room, especially the large balcony with a spectacular view of much of Paris (including a breathtaking view of the Eiffel Tower). We spent many hours on the balcony, watching the life of Paris unfold before us.

The hotel staff was professional and extremely helpful. They scheduled a few meals for us at top Parisian restaurants and were able to secure tables with excellent views at places like Jules Verne and Tour d’Argent. Most, if not all members of the staff are conversational in English. We really enjoyed this aspect of the hotel.

The Hotel Regina is located on a beautiful street in a fashionable section of the Right Bank (the 1er Arrondissement). It’s across from the Louvre and the Jardin des Tuileries, and within walking distance of a host of other top tourist destinations. The area felt safe for a large city, even for long evening strolls.

My wife and I enthusiastically recommend the Hotel Regina and its gracious staff. My only caveat, is that you will enjoy the hotel more if you like older, more traditionally styled hotels. If you require ultra modern accommodations and styling, this may not be the place for you. We appreciated the Hotel Regina because it possessed a distinct classic Parisian style. Some of the more modern hotels are too generic for our liking.

In addition, we had two amazing culinary experiences in Paris which are worthy of special mention. First, we highly recommend having lunch at Le Grand Vefour (dinner should also be fantastic, but lunch is more of a “bargain”). The room is spectacular, the service is impeccable and the food is incredible (and plentiful). But, be prepared for a long lunch and don’t eat breakfast that morning. Our lunch took almost 3 hours and it involved 7 courses (3 of which were complements of the chief). Keep in mind the cost of such a meal is not cheap (a minimum of $125 EURO per person). The second restaurant worth a mention is Chez Denise. This is an old-time Bistro located within a 10 minute walk from the Hotel Regina. We thought it was the best Bistro in Paris and thoroughly enjoyed the food (the best Cote de Boeuf in town). I highly recommend doing dinner at this French classic (for some reason, the food was even better at dinner than it was at lunch).

World-Class Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member richcpl

The Hotel Regina is a wonderful place to stay in Paris. Clean, bright, spacious common areas. The rooms, too, are spacious by European standards. The buffet breakfast is world-class, too. We had two connecting rooms -- one for the adults, one for the kids (9 and 12). The views outside our balconies were picture perfect: the Eiffel Tower, Tuilleries, side of the Louvre, and Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe in the background.

You can't beat it. But be very precise, specific and clear when booking a reservation. We had a miscommunication, most likely owing either to language barriers or lack of business experience among one of the desk people, as to the rate. Could've been painful, very painful, but the hotel management was forthright in recognizing its obligtations. I'd definitely go back.

Fine Resto open on saturday and sunday

by Hans_from_Belgium

Bonjour à tous et à toutes !

I read the different tips some of you wrote about good restaurants. Not too touristic, but genuine French cuisine with typical Parisian flair.

Some of them seemed to be closed during the weekend.

So, could anyone advice me some good which are open tomorrow and sunday, so we can avoid the 'touristic trap' resto's !

Thanks in advance and you all have a nice weekend.

Hans

O and by the way... we'll be stying in the Hotel Regina in front of the Louvre... hope this a good one. Any comments ??

Cheers !

RE: Fine Resto open on saturday and sunday

by Laura_Mexico

I recommend LE GRAND CAFE on the Blvd. des Capucines, very close to the Opera Garnier. I like it very much, I've seen it's frequented by locals, the food is great and they don't close. I have more info on my tips.... enjoy your trip!! you're really lucky to be traveling to Paris, ohh la laaaa!

Comments