Relais De Paris Eiffel Cambron

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Relais De Paris Eiffel Cambron

by zlate

Hi

I am wondering what the cheapest and best method of getting from Orly airport to Relais De Paris Eiffel Cambronne Hotel in the 15e and vise-versa would be?

Many thax.
Zlate

RE: Best way to get from Orly Airport to Relais De Paris Eiffel Cambronne Hotel in 15e

by qaminari

And as it says here, metro line 6 to Cambronne or 8/10 to La-Motte-Picquet-Grenelle:
Most convenient way by RER/metro would be RER-B (the blue line) North to Denfert-Rochereau, then change to metro line 6, direction Charles-de-Gaulle-Etoile (West), 6 stops to Cambronne.

by kathywi

I don't know how close your hotel is to Invalides (which is in the area of the Eiffel Tower and that area is big!) but there are AirFrance buses that go from Orly to Invalides. I must admit I'm not familiar with Orly but I went to the website www.airfrance.com and looked at the bus information for Orly. The AirFrance buses (coaches, also called 'les cars') leave from Orly South Terminal Gate L and Orly West Terminal Arrivals Level Gate D. A bus leaves about every 15 minutes and it takes roughly 35 minutes to get to Invalides. The buses run from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. The fare is 8 euro (I believe you just pay the driver) one way and 12 euro round trip for adults. The fare for children 2-11 is 4 euro and under 2s travel for free. I'm just reading this off the website.
I used the AirFrance bus from the Arch de Triomphe to CDG - that is where you can pick it up to go to CDG. We were staying at the Hilton and it was a 10 euro ride for us by taxi to get to the Arch - a really short drive.
What I liked about the AirFrance bus is that it is roomy and they stow your luggage for you in the belly of the bus. It's a smooth straightforward comfortable ride. I don't think there are any stops along the way but you can look at the route yourself on the AirFrance website.
Good luck! I love the Metro but carrying luggage through the Metro can be grueling - there are stations (many) that require you to climb stairs to get to the street. I was dragging over 100 pounds of luggage!
If you are traveling light, there are more options.

What are your top 3?

by Mark-Van

What are your top 3 budget places to stay in Paris?

We were looking at Hotel champ de Mars for our honeymoon but it's booked up for the time we will be in Paris. We'd love time find something romantic but still within 80-100 Euros max.

Hopefully we can find a gem in peoples favorites, if you have more then 3 include them as well.

Thanks,

Mark & Brenda.

by Dabs

I really liked the Hotel Muguet on rue Cler, the rates on the website looks like 105E for a queen room (trust me, get the bigger room). The area is a quieter residential area, we were able to walk to the Champs Elysses from there and it is close to Invalides and the Musee Rodin.

Not sure if this is the official website but you can take a look at the rooms, etc. here

It's been a couple of years since we've stayed there but I still see it recommended frequently on another travel board.

by Mark-Van

Thanks Dabs, that looks like a good hotel. We will definately look into it.

Mark & Brenda.

by FreeCloud

Congratulations!

Hope that you can find one from the list below:

If not, their actual book (go to a big book store, travel section) has more listings.

We used several of their recommendations in various country/regions, very satisfied.

Have a great time.

by GUYON

I suggest the Hotel St Andre des Arts 66 rue St andre des Arts 6e arrt.
It is in the low part of your budget.
I know several VT members who have liked their stay in this accomodation.
It is centrally located in a lively area of St Germain des Pres called : Carrefour de Bucy.
It is close to many attractions : Seine, Pont Neuf (cruise departure), Ile de la Cite with Notre Dame and Ste Chapelle, Jardin du Luxembourg, some famous cafes (Cafe de Flore, Deux Magots, Brasserie Lipp, Procope the oldest restaurant of Paris), Quartier Latin, etc...

by Mark-Van

thank you GUYON, we will certainly look into it.

We have really like what we saw at the hotel mentioned about (Hotel Muguet) and am almost ready to book a room there. But before we do I will look into your suggestion.

Mark & Brenda

by marknjoey

I am fairly sure that the Hotel champ de Mars only has sofa beds only, so it is a good thing it was all booked. :-)

There is a great, cozy, inexpensive hotel on the left bank near the Eiffel Tower -- Relais de Paris Cambronne or Au Pacific Paris Hotel. Both are right next to a metro and quaint little shops and cafes. About 65-80 Euro a night, breafast included. For what it's worth.

Have a great time!