Relais De Paris Gare De Lyon

Costs 20% less but rated 15% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Relais De Paris Gare De Lyon

This is an...

by mgard27

This is an anti-recommendation. Whatever you do, don't book yourself at Les Relais de Paris Gare de Lyon. It seems like a good deal, the picture online makes it look respectable and it's close to the train station. In reality, it's pretty crappy. No air conditioning, small room, very thin walls and hollow doors. I almost stayed there on my last night before leaving Paris. I had prepaid and arrived at midnight (can Italian trains EVER be on time???). It was 85 degrees and 100% humidity. There was no power in the room, and I had to wait for the desk guy to figure out what was happening. I had reached the end of my tolerance rope and left shortly after arriving. To my disappointment, few hotels in the area had air conditioning. I finally decided that I wanted a comfortable night in a safe hotel, and I was willing to pay for it. And pay I did. It was way too expensive, but all I have to say is thank God for Holiday Inn!

Organ, Saint-SulpiceOrgan, Saint-Sulpice

Palais-Royal (Courtyard)Palais-Royal (Courtyard)

"Vigipirate" with Famas gun."Vigipirate" with Famas gun.

Geode, Paris, France 2009Geode, Paris, France 2009

Gare de lyons

by mrsmouse

Am I right in thinking that there is a hotel right on the Gare de Lyons station?We are travelling with a disabled person so it would be useful to know if the hotel does exist and if so what is it called . thanks

Re: Gare de lyons

by zuriga

There are a couple of hotels right next to the station. I'm not sure about right in it. Google 'Gare de Lyon hotel' for some names.

Re: Gare de lyons

by qaminari

Mercure Hotel is built against the station's clock tower, http://www.mercure.com/mercure/fichehotel/gb/mer/2217/fiche_situation.shtml; Paris Hotel Gare de Lyon is "a few steps away", http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/relaisgaredelyon.en.html; Novotel is about 20m (yards) from the Gare de Lyon. If googling please spell it Lyon and not Lyons!

Travel Tips for Paris

Glass and steel...

by Lilasel

Pompidou Centre (or Beaubourg - "nice settlement" in english) is one of my favourite places in Paris. Even if there are so many people saying about its ugliness, the Centre has over 7 million visitors a year!
This building is like turned inside out: escalators, lifts, air and water ducts and even the massive steel struts that make up the building's skeleton have all been placed on the outside.
And inside there's a flexible space with National Modern Art Museum, exhibitions halls and libraries. Fauvism, Cubism, Surrealism...Matisse, Picasso, Miro and Pollock...

Pillars of Desire

by bakpakchik

We walked for ages and got lost - Jeff and I. We pulled out no maps. We came to this structure, the name of which i cannot recall. I shot the pillars and from behind my lens, I thought they looked lonely. Loneliness is easily cured by hugs, i thought. And so I hugged all the pillars one by one. All eighteen of them. Jeff couldnt stop laughing. To this day, we remain Pillar-Hugging Buddies. We send each other postive vibes to the opposite end of the globe by hugging pillars in memory of that Pillar Hugging Afternoon.

Pardon?

by DrewV

Look, the French get a bad rap. Day in and day out, they're yelled at in a foreign language by fanny-pack-totin' American tourists. Americans insist that everyone speak English when they visit the States -- are the French that different? Honestly, New York is a much, much ruder city than Paris.

The moral of the story is that when you visit a foreign country, do make the attempt to speak their language. It takes the experience to a whole new level. And the Parisians are ultra-friendly if you say your s'il vous plait and merci. And be sure to use monsieur and madame. Those four words will take you far.

Mini Me

by fishandchips

There are two Statue of Liberty replicas in Paris. One is on a small island in the middle of the Seine, west of the Eiffel Tower and next to the Pont de Grenelle, a modern bridge crossing the river near the Radio France building.

The one in my photo is from the Luxemburg gardens and can be found in the South Western corner. I'm not sure how many people are aware of the existence of this tiny Statue of Liberty in the Luxembourg Gardens. I discovered it by accident one day and it’s only slightly larger than life size. It doesn’t look exactly the same as the one gifted to the USA by France and located in New York.

Comments