Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense

60 Jardin de Valmy, Boulevard Circulaire, Sortie 7, Paris, Ile-de-France, 92918, France

Renaissance Paris Hotel  La Defense
Priceline.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel, well worth the Money

I must say I wasn't happy about staying at this hotel first. It's in La Defense section of town which is dead during the weekend, but that makes it a better hotel deal. Since there is no business traveler's on weekend's the hotel offer's excellent prices.....200 Euro's a night in a club room with breakfast. The staff were extremely friendly always with a smile, and a pleasant Bonjour or Bonsoir....they all speak perfect English among the 10 different languages spoken here. It's about a 5 minute walk from the #2 line of the Metro up some stairs and there was the hotel. The rooms are nice and big (not like other french hotels, read my other hotel tips) the bathroom very nice, and the security is excellent, one must insert a room key in order to work the elevators and only the floor you stay are allowed to access. The health club is excellent with nice showers which we were allowed to use on our arrival (our room wasn't ready yet) For the money you save it well worth the 4 metro stops(about 10 minutes) HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT !!!!

Unique Quality: Since it's in the business district of Paris ..La Defense..it is very quiet at night, which if you stayed in the center of Paris it's the opposite. Not shady just a bit deserted but not once did we feel unsafe, plenty of people are around.

Directions: Use the #2 Metro that runs from the Arc of Triomphe to La Defense then up the stairs exit B, can't miss it, about a 5 minute walk.

• thinking's Profile Photo

MORE HOTEL SPACE IN LADEFENSE

I have stayed at this hotel 4 different times, and different seasons of the year.
    I love the luxury of space and the modernity of the rooms, and the convenience LADEFENSE provides
    to all forms of public transport-the train, RER, metro, and TRAM. If necessary, I can be in central Paris in fifteen minutes.

Actually, I prefer LaDefense to central Paris, as after awhile, I find central Paris overwhelming and totally into consumption!
    The two hour lunches are nice, but who can eat so much, so often, and so expensively? I need exercise and health-don't
    order me a cheese sandwich!

I need and want to think about my life, without being overwhelmed every moment by the past glories of the Kings.
    I found I was using my time to learn history, the lifes of all the former players from the 10th century on, as well as
    all the artist! Interesting as well as important for my personal development, but hey, I need to work.

I can actually get my luggage into these hotel rooms, as well as myself and my husband- unlike the hotels which have no space in central Paris.
    This hotel has internet access, a small gym & pool, free daily newspapers in English, and a very nice breakfast
    buffet befitting any fussy gourmet.

Next door has very good hairdressers at reasonable prices, and 2 minute walk through the Passage of the Arc takes
    you to the largest shopping mall in Europe where you will find all the basics of life.

Cheese and wine can be bought at Auchan's, if you are hungry, then buy your baguette at "Paul's" which is next door
    to Auchan's. Walking toward Courbevoie, you will also come to Monoprix, Champion, and FranPrix food stores for more choice,
    more Artisian bakers, more, more, more!

Shopping at LADEFENSE is easier, SAFER and less exhausting than shopping in Paris, yet central Paris is only 10 minutes by Metro Line 1. Beggars in the LADEFENSE area are mostly Muslim women & older men, but they are few.

Unique Quality: Located in the LaDefense business district and offering free English and French newspapers everyday.
    Ask to purchase the 24 hour internet card which works out to be the cheapest, and do not purchase
    the expensive one hour or two hour card. Compare why and you will see this is the best deal.

Remember, I like value for my money and I hate being ripped off!

Directions: 5 minute walk to the Metro Line 1

• bounce's Profile Photo

The Paris Renaissance Hotel

130 pounds

Unique Quality: Comfortable hotel with swimming pool, gym and underground parking. It is very easy to use it as a business base and also a place to venture out on tourist trails.

Directions: Very near to 'Grande Arch' in La Defense (the business district) It is the last stop on the M1 line on the Metro and so is very difficult to miss when you come back from an evening out....thank god!

More about Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense

Enjoy another side of Paris

by 807Wheaton about Renaissance La Defense

We stayed three nights at the Renaissance La Defense. The outside is not that impressive but the interior was gorgeous. Shiny marble floors in the lobbies and several grand staircases greeted us when we registered. We were amazed to see how this part of Paris has grown!

The Renaissnce is a Marriott property and it is very nice.
La Defense is a long way from downtown but there is a Metro stop just 5 minutes from the hotel. There is also a huge mall just about 10 minutes walk away. There you will find an enormous grocery store with an amazing fresh produce and fresh meat, fish and poultry area. There are miles of stores and restaurants at this mall also.
All the beds have beautiful duvets for their covering and the pillows are extraordinarily comfortable. We were on a tour so our breakfast was included. Once again the dining area was beautiful with dark paneling on the walls, and tables covered with linen clothes. Breakfast included fresh fruit, juices, coffee and tea for drinks. Several varities of cheese and cold meats were offered with scrambled eggs, hot meats and croissants and baguettes along with an excellent selection of yogurt. Not many people seemed to notice the spa that was located right by the lifts. It was really great. The room that had the exercise equipment was lined with mirrors. The spa had a dry sauna and a steam sauna. Here you greeted by a bar that had towles nicely laid out along with water and drinking cups and a bowl of Granny Smith apples. There were several showers and changing areas next to the saunas.

Excellent American Style Hotel

We enjoyed the Renaissance La Defense. It is a clean, well-run and convenient hotel for doing business in La Defense and once you buy the visitors pass for the Metro and RER, Paris is only a few minutes away. It should be pointed out that the breakfast is overly expensive and as a result we opted for the “passageway” or rail station shops for breakfast. Other meals at the hotel are a better value. We found that a club sandwich in the bar could be had with drinks for less than € 20.00 / person. There are other restaurants around as well near the rail/metro station or in the shopping mall attached to the rail/metro station but their hours generally coincide with working or shopping hours so late nights and Sundays you will need to go to Paris (what a shame, ah?). Transportation to and from the hotel and Charles De Gaulle Airport is a little dicey. The RER (€ 8.50/person) runs regularly but you will need to change from the “B” train to the “A” train in Paris to get to La Defense. There many stairs and you will need to search for the turnstiles that permit luggage to pass. Once on the train, the ends of most cars are left open for the accommodation of luggage however you will need to stand with your luggage for the entire trip, which is about 45 minutes. We opted for a van that we booked ahead on the Internet for € 22.50 / person.

Great Hotel, but mind the location

by TripAdvisor Member ooookch

I stayed three days in Paris in January just visiting the Louvre, so the location of the hotel didn’t matter much to me, as long as there was a Metro nearby. And personally I actually enjoy these Metro rides (and you always have a seat as it's the start of the line) as you get some impression of local life. But for regular leisure travellers it is probably not optimal, as it’s a long way downtown.
The hotel itself is very good, nothing to complain at all. Nice rooms, excellent staff, nice gym, good restaurant.

A lil' off the beaten path; but a quick metro ride away

by TripAdvisor Member bjjzmom

Just got back from the Renaissance and found it wonderful!

Great staff all around (front desk, concierge, restaurant, lounge...). Rooms were well decorated and functional. Remember, this is an American hotel in Paris. So, if you're looking for a charming turn of the century restored French hotel, this isn't for you.

If you're looking for a very comfortable and familiar brand, then this is for you. Quick metro ride to the touristy stuff. All in all, we'd highly recommend, for either a tenative first timer or a seasoned vet traveler who likes the Renaissance/Marriott brand.

Buy a multi-day Metro pass and enjoy!

Away from the maddening crowd

I actually found the hotel's remote location refreshing. As others have pointed out, it is a short walk to the Metro. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. The Colonial Bar was the perfect place to have a nightcap. I enjoyed the option of getting away from the action.

Generally very good, ideal for business traveller

by TripAdvisor Member SThearia

Nicely decorated and maintained, comfortable, excellent staff (especially reception and breakfast restaurant staff), high levels of security. Close to RER and metro. La Defense is very much a business district and absolutley no life at night.

To be honest, the hotel's aimed fair and square at the business traveller (like me) who wants a very reliable hotel rather than one that exudes French charm. My only criticisms are:
1. Meals (breakfast and evening) were overly expensive, for example you have to pay extra for fried eggs if you don't want the scrambled egg in the breakfast buffet, and half-bottle of very ordinary wine at EUR 24 totally ridiculous.
2. Could have done with BBC1 & BBC2 or Sky on the TV

Lobby of Renaissance La DefenseLobby of Renaissance La Defense

Carte Orange or Paris Visite

by fabsam

My wife and I arrive in Paris on Tuesday, March 17 and depart on Tuesday, March 23. We are staying at the Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense (60 Jardin de Valmy Boulevard, Circulaire No. 7). I plan on going to Versailles for one of those days? Any particular day you recommend? Also, 1)How do I get from CDG to my hotel (no taxi or bus, preferably shuttle or train). 2) Do I buy the Carte Orange or Paris Visite pass for my trip.

Cheers!!

by FreeCloud

Particular day:
Do go on the day when the water shows are on at the fountains (dry fountains are fine, but not as marvelous!). Here is the official website:

Have a great time.

by GUYON

Your hotel is in the suburbs : we will be neighbor. But it is a **** .
By night La defense can be unsafe. Be aware.

1/ CDG - La Defense : I suggest the RER line B (9.65 euros)
The shuttles go to Paris

2/ Carte Orange : buy a carte Orange from Tuesday to Sunday and a 2 days Pass from Monday to Tuesday.
It is the cheapest way.

Re: Re: Carte Orange or Paris Visite

by mooloo_thing

Have a great trip, your arriving on my 16th birthday :) <--- just some useless info :)

by CALSF

I don't want to sound presumptious but I'm assuming you're staying at the Renaissance due to redemption of Marriott rewards points. As someone else advised the Renaissance is in the suburb area. Are you aware that you'll need to take either the metro or a taxi to get to central Paris?
Plus you'll be there for 6 nights. If possible, I suggest you should stay in central Paris instead. You will not regret this. You'll be able to leave your hotel explore nearby neighborhoods, the cafes, restaurants, nightlife, and sights.
As for Versailles it is closed on Mondays.
I know you don't want to take a taxi but I would suggest taking a taxi from CDG. It's quick and easy-cost is around 45 euro for two people plus luggage to central Paris. I guess it's more to La Defense.

by tsteele93

Here is a shuttle option that I am looking into for my trip...

Anyone know anything about it?

TIA,

-Tom Steele

by Waoife

For details on how to get from once place to another by public transport check out http://www.ratp.fr/. They have an option to display the page in English - then select the route finder option.

Comments