Roma Sacre Coeur Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• mplstall's Profile Photo

the 18th Arr.

Most rooms are small and budget price. I stay on the top floor, where a window opens to a complete balcony wrapping the one top side of the building.
    Not the best, but a good nights sleep. Can be noisy with tour buses and difficult to book.

Unique Quality: Balcony large, great views of the 18th, half block to Metro.

• Great location and Cheaply priced

Small hotel and even smaller elevator. The staff here was soooo great. I spent a week at this hotel while in Paris. Roma Sacre Coeur Is in the Monmarte(northern) area of Paris and is very close to places like Sacre Coeur, Moulin Rouge, and the Salvidor Dali museum. Very quiet, very cheap, and even a FREE small breakfast. You have to leave your hotel keys behind at the front desk when you leave......great now I don't have to worry about losing them. Great Hotel to unwind in after an afternoon of running around in Paris.

Check out some of the Mom and Pop bars in the neighborhood too, there are a couple just a few blocks from the hotel that treat you as if you're a local.

• June.b's Profile Photo

Right on top of Lamarck Metro Station

Booked this hotel at ratestogo and stayed for 2 nights.

No. 1 Convenient if you're taking the Metro most of the time because Lamarck metro station is just down below the hotel. It is located in Montmartre and about 10-15min. walk to Sacre Coeur. Though I don't like much staying in that area, a bit quiet area with lots of dogs**ts specially the streets on the way to Sacre Coeur ( I may be wrong or maybe just on the days I was there).

No. 2 The room I got from ratestogo was facing the metro station down below and no view of the Sacre Coeur. Single room is very small with smaller old bed than where I previously stayed, the shower in the bathroom/toilet is so small hard for me to scrub my back, but at least there is a shower. Small TV with mostly french programs (CNN is there), safety box on top of the minifridge casing.

No. 3 Friendly reception. Restaurant down the hotel and around. Lots of grocers too if you need to buy food or personal stuffs.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff, right on top of Metro Lamarck station.

Directions: You won't miss it, take the stairs up when you get out of the metro station, it's on your left.

• darthgator's Profile Photo

In Montmartre

The staff was friendly.
    The rooms were clean, but small.

Unique Quality: Although not your 4 or 5 star accommodations (Probably more like a 2-3 for most people), it was clean, quiet, and nice.

It is located directly above the Metro station in Montmartre - the one in the movie Amelie actually - where she walks the blind guy down the street, describing everything she sees and then delivers him to the entrance of the Metro. She climbs the stairs that lead right to this hotel.

Although we did not explore the all of the neighborhood fully, it is near the Sacre Coeur (beautiful) and no buses run right near the hotel.

Breakfast was caffe au lait, bread, cheese, and some danish-type rolls.

If you've never been to Paris, apparently it is customary to leave your room key at the front desk and then when you return they give it back... strange... but worth noting.

Directions: Montmartre - jeez... The Artist District. Watch Moulin Rogue... it's near there.

More about Roma Sacre Coeur Hotel

Above average for the price

by TripAdvisor Member gonebyby

I like this little hotel, but as I'm sure you have already read, it is not upscale by any means. My room was simple and clean, updated with a very freshly remodeled bathroom. What I really like about Roma Sacre Coeur is the street it's on. If you walk "down" the street toward the cemetery, you will pass the most consummate Parisian shops anywhere in Paris, right down to the meat market selling everything, including horse meat. I love this neighborhood. It does, however, take two metro stops to get anywhere a tourist wants to go and that can be time consuming, and, you will seriously think twice (or more) about heading back to the hotel to "freshen-up" before dinner, etc.
If you're coming from the train station to the hotel, do NOT try to take the metro there with all your bags, even though the metro station is right behind the hotel. It's close enough to the Gare to take a taxi and save yourself!
I did not have a helpful staff when I was there. I have read many reviews that say they are helpful, but I did not get that (or those) person(s) on staff when I visited. I have traveled to over 25 foreign countries and very, very rarely have any complaints about the "helpfulness" of the staff.

Charming and Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member DonnaGisbert

My husband and I just returned from Paris last night. We were so fortunate to stay at the Roma Sacre Coeur hotel. This really is a charming, lovely, and well run little inn. The rooms are small but quite clean, fresh and private. We were able to have a room on the 5th floor with a sweet little view of the sloping Cualincourt Street. The staff is more than we could have expected. The clerks speak many languages, are kind and very hospitable. I saw one evening Stephane making reservations for a couple for a evening show. They only spoke Spanish so Stephane was speaking to them in Spanish, answering our questions in English and then speaking with the theater in French back and forth flawlessly. They arranged for a cab to pick us up to the airport. The maids and breakfast servers are charming and sweet. Really I was in Heaven.

Please remember, this is not a Hyatt or the Georges V. It is an inexpensive small scale little dwelling in the heart of Montmarte. If you are looking for charm and the feeling of quaint then this is most definately for you. If you want luxury and pampering then you will need to go to the Champs Elyesses for a hotel. If you have read negative reviews of this hotel, they are simply from a mean spirited heart. You can contact me at donnagisbert @ yahoo . com to talk more about this. My husband and I have decided that we will probably never stay anywhere else in Paris but the Hotel Roma. There are an abundance of little restaurants and grocers everwhere here. Right on the first floor of the hotel is Chez Ginette with the most incredibly Soupe de Legumes. This hotel in in the hilly part of Paris(Montmarte) with cobblestones streets and just old time Paris everywhere.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy your trip to Paris.

Good Value, Good Position

We stayed at Sacre Coeur in February 2005 on a special deal. The hotel is clean and the decor is "interesting" but the bed was very comfy once we put the extra pillows from the wardrobe onto the single bolster. The room was small and of an odd shape but with sufficiently space. The bathroom was fine but the shower tended to fall off its bracket but there was plenty of hot water and the heating was good. The only criticism is that there was a wardrobe but no drawers in the wardrobe or separately. for small clothes items.
The breakfast was great - a large jug of coffee each and lots of bread and croissants, etc. The desk staff spoke good English and were helpful.
Some renovation seemed to be going on and each time we came back the landing had different things on it - it became an interesting guessing game as to what we would find next - linoleum, wholesale quantities of towels, wall paper or just a vase with a lovely rose in it.
The hotel is just feet from the Metro and not far from Sacre Coeur. The road is fairly busy so it is not as quiet as a church yard but it did not bother us. We slept very well.
Another advantage is it is in a residential area so there are lots of little old ladies walking (or carrying) their toy dogs, and there are small supermarkets too. But best of all are the specialist butchers, bakers, cheese shops and green grocers. A very Parisian area in which to be based. Some good local restaurants (Le Maquais - but go early for it fills with locals) make the hotel more useful, but avoid the rip-off places in the touristy/fashionable Rue d'Abbesses which is a short walk away.
OK, so it's a two star hotel but has a high rating from us. We will certainly stay there again.

charming hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Marijke72

I give it an above average review because it is such a charming hotel in a nice area. It's not the biggest hotel, the rooms are quit small but we had a clean room with a nice view ( we were situated at the top level). It is situated next to a metro-station and there's a busstop in the street ( tip: Take the bus if you want to go to the Champs Elysees, it's faster than the metro going that particulair direction.) And it's close to the Sacre Coeur and you're actually at the best way to go there because you don't have to climb as much. A good choice if you just want an nice budget hotel. Stay away if you're a heavy person because you won't fit in the bathroom!

Part Paradise/Part Dump

by TripAdvisor Member Quad_red

After reading the reviews of Hotel Roma I was looking forward to something decent.

The initial reaction was very positive. The area is very good and the hotel is right beside a Metro Stop. The area is very picturesque and only minutes from Sacre Coeur. It is beside a nice looking bar/restaurant and there are numerous lovely bakeries/coffee shops around. There is also a late opening grocery shop beside it.

The lobby is fine. However, we were shocked when the lift opened onto the third floor. It was filthy and torn up. Apparently it's due to be renovated but the standard was atrocious. The room itself was just as bad - discoloured walls and ceiling. Heavily stained carpet. Stains and cracks on the walls. The bathroom by contrast was clean and modern (I'll put pics up later).

On taking this up with reception we discovered that a 'Classic' Room in this Hotel means a filthy unrenovated one!??!?! To make matters worse the 5th, 4th and 1st floors ARE renovated to a decent standard (bright green more reminiscent of a youth hostel but very friendly and clean). On the third night we were moved to a beautiful room on the 5th floor. It was clean, fresh, well furnished with a fantastic view.

The verdict? If you can make sure you're in a renovated room then it's a cheap, clean, convenient hotel in a fantastic area. I've stayed in worst rooms than the one we initially stayed in but such was disappointment at its state that I won't be staying in this hotel again.

Fine if you like wet paint.

by TripAdvisor Member EnglandMiranda

I would not recommend this hotel.
This hotel is in a good area and reading previous reviews we thought it would be a nice place to stay in Paris. However when we arrived painting was going on in the corridors leading up to our room on the third floor. We had to step over wet paint brushes and dodge the paint. There were no signs to warn of wet paint and it generally looked a dump.
Once entering our room things did not get better. The bathroom was clean but the bedroom was quite dirty with rotten windows.

Don't be deceived by the nice pictures shown on the website.

Although our hotel was a dump the area of Montmarte is lovely and worth staying in.

Sacre Couer

Hello!!
A group of us have booked rooms at the Roma Sacre Couer in Montmartre for the the second week of November. It is our first trip to Paris. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel and also what to expect in terms of travel time on the Metro to most of the "major" attractions in the 1e-7e.

thanks!!!

Re: Sacre Couer

by GUYON

I do not find on the Yellow pages the hotel Roma Sacre Coeur.
Could you be more precise ?
I am affraid it could be a hotel located near rue de Rome (17e arrondissement) with a view on the Sacre Coeur. That would mean it is not in Montmartre.

by Stephanies419

It's actually in 18e, and the address is 101 Rue Caulaincourt. It was part of a package and I've seen some reviews, both positive and negative as is true of all hotels. We're just hoping for someplace clean and relatively well situated for exploring. Merci beaucoup for any information you may have!!

by GUYON

It is called Hotel ROMA and it is located behind (I mean North) Montmartre Hill and the sacre Coeur but you must climb several stairs to reach it.
There is a Provencal restaurant with a funny name (but I forgot it) nearby.
The area is safe and you will be just beside the metro Station Lamarck Caulaincourt (line 12) from which you will cross Paris from North to South. From the station Solferino on line 12 you can reach the Tour Eiffel.
I do not know the hotel it self.

Have a good stay

RAY

by Stephanies419

Thank you very much!! It sounds like the hotel is perfect. I appreciate your time.

Comments