SELECT HOTEL

Costs 46% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about SELECT HOTEL

Elegant and Confortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GreatDaneDanmark

We stayed at the Hotel Select for 4 days and enjoyed it.
As mentioned in most of the reviews , the LOCATION of this hotel is just about perfect , at the Place de Sorbonne ( see pictures & video )
If you do not have a car, it can be reached by the RER line from the Aiport , eithe r get off at St.Michel station or , even closer , Jardin du Luxembourg. From there , It is a short stroll to the hotel ( 2 blocks)
We had a nice room , with a great view of the Place de Sorbonne. We had breakfast at the hotel and were satisfied. The hotel is really cool, it has a reading area and a big TV room with confortable chairs and a big plasma TV.
I can recommend it to everyone who wants a nice modern hotel with an excelent LOCATION !!!

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member m323m

This is the second time we stay here. The loction is great and the hotel is very clean and well maintained. You are close to many metro and RER lines and can walk to a lot of sights if you are good walkers.
The hotel has a tasteful contemporary style and spaces are comfortable. There is a good continental breakfast buffet offering. Some rooms are very small especially with the compact back elevator, but they are clean and well designed for efficient use of spaces. The only complaint is there is no internet station for the guests but there is wifi if you bring your laptop. The staff is very courteous and we would stay here again.

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member traveltravelttravel

After countless hours searching the internet for hotels in Paris, reading review after review, I finally stumbled upon Select Hotel. The presentation on their website and the review/photos from this site sealed the deal for me. My mother and I stayed seven nights and enjoyed this hotel tremendously. The staff was courteous. The room was clean, decorated wonderfully, and had great lighting. The view from my room was wonderful. The continental breakfast, nice. The only thing we found a little odd, the room we were in, the toilet was in a separate location from the bath and the wash basin; not sure if that is customary in France. But, all in all, I loved this hotel. It was in a great location on a quite street, right next to the Sorbonne. It was a quick walk to public transportation. I was ecstatic with the Select Hotel. My hours searching the net proved to pay off. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to any type of traveler. Thank You Select Hotel for a nice stay.

Fantastic location and great service at Select Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Merkey

Select Hotel in Place de la Sorbonne is in a great location for toursits visiting Paris. It looks on to a square where there are pleasant fountains and a handful cafes/brazzeries with outdoor seating. It is within walking distance of Blvd St Germain and St Sulpice for great shopping, plenty of restaurants and about 10 mins walk to the river and views of Notre Dame.

The hotel is modern, very clean and still quite new - which is a change from many hotels in this area. My room, although booked and charged as a single, had two twin beds and looked out on to the square - a bonus! The square is quiet in the evening and the only negative thing is the walls are a bit thin - the arrival of the people in the next room late at night was a bit loud but not a huge inconvenience.

The room is small but typical size for Paris. Upon entering, there is a cabinet with safe and a second door leading to the room. There is a small luggage rack, radio and wall mounted tv, and desk. No refrigerator or mini-bar. But the bed and duvet were comfortable and stylishly decorated in muted tones.

The bathroom was spotless - a small separate toilet with a sliding door to the bath area. There were plenty of fluffy towels and complimentary shower gel and soaps.

I travelled light but I think if a couple were to come and stay in the same room with bulky suitcases, space may be an issue. But again, this is typical of Paris.

Breakfast was included in my room rate. The breakfast area is in the basement where the continental breakfast was more than adequate.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to visitors and would choose to stay there again. Solid 3-4 stars for Paris in my opinion.

Great boutique hotel in the heart of old Paris

by TripAdvisor Member dhoyle

This is a great boutique hotel in the Sorbonne area of old Paris, within easy walking distance of the river and many great sites. The superior rooms have all been refurbished in a great contemporary style. Our room looked over the Place de la Sorbonne, with its fountains and cafes. Linens are great, bed wonderfully comfortable.

Soundproofing is not perfect - you will hear people in the rooms above and beside - not too noisy, unless they leave very early in the morning or arrive late at night.

Bathrooms are nice, but none of the superior rooms have showers, just baths, with no wall attachment for the hand-held sprayer. By the time you finish washing your hair, the bathroom is somewhat damp everywhere...

Breakfast is included, and fine, although not as much choice as some - only plain yogurt, and coffee in caraffes, rather than a "brew-on-demand" machine.

Nothing select about the Select

by TripAdvisor Member Maryteresa3

I was just on the point of booking the Belloy hotel across the street, 200 euro cheaper than Select, internet price, for 3 nights standard room, and cheaper even for deluxe room in Belloy, when I read Tripadvisor ecstatic reviews for Select. I was really disappointed in Select and now I know why. Most reviewers had SUPERIOR rooms. This makes all the difference and we reviewers need to specify which type of room we are describing
Hotels decorate public areas and superior rooms, put these rather misleading pictures on brochures and then hike up ALL prices. including the poorer, untouched standard room. (Nothing wrong with this, its just commerce, but beware.)
There was nothing wrong with my room except it was way too dear for a dark, dated, very basic room, like you often get in a good 2 star, with cheap gimcrack, plasterboard doors, dark scuffed carpet, no minibar, internet, tea making facilities...etc. The Belloy cant have been that different and the price difference was extraordinary. For the same price the nearby Madison was available on promotion, We peeked into this 4 star and its spacious lobby and antique furniture put it in a different class. Of course it is a different class, and I guess we were misled and thought we were paying for something special. I was not as impressed by Select public spaces as other reviewers: lots of soon to date minimalism, tiny spaces, tiny bar in a corner. We of course had no view from our standard room.
To reply to reviewers who say, forget about room, get out and see Paris etc: This is a hotel reviewing site, not a review of the wonders of Paris which no one disputes.
Staff are lovely and helpful, but made a total mess of booking bateau mouche trip, but I am sure that was not typical.The location is great but the area is full of hotels. Book the superior room if you must stay here. (they are very pretty in a rather cheaply decorated way). The standard rooms are way too expensive for what you get.. This is very much a 3 star hotel, whatever its literature implies.

A nice stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Zelda13

We stayed at the Select for three days and enjoyed it. The location is great, close to the Luxembourg and Saint-Michel RER stations as well as shopping streets and some of the major tourist attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful although not very informative about the hotel facilities unless you asked them directly. Our room was a bit of a disappointment since we had seen the promotional images on the hotel's web site and expected that boutique hotel style. The room didn't have any furniture except the bed, a small table and a bench and it was quite dark and gloomy at first sight. However, it was very clean and since we were staying at the top floor we had a very nice view towards the hill of Montmartre with the Sacre-Coeur.
Although our room (which was a standard double, not a superior) wasn't very boutique-ish, the rest of the hotel, such as reception area and breakfast room, really is. We would definitely consider the Select for our next visit to Paris, although we will probably select a superior room then.

Great value and location

by TripAdvisor Member happydaysSydney

After copius hours searding for a 3 * Paris hotel on the internet, (never an easy task for Paris as the choice is huge but the quality variable), we selected the Select.
Top location, superior rooms that are decently sized, recently refurbished rooms and cool lobby mixing old and new design, and quiet by Paris standards. Breakfast included in rate and the usual pleasant buffet style continental.
Would definitely stay there again.

excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member Lilac67

I just came home after a few days with my family in this hotel. I found it checking Paris guidebooks suggestions and tripadvisor reviews. I booked by email withuout any problem. The room (triple) was a bit small but elegant (contemporary style) and well equipped. Cleaniness was average . Location is really excellent: in the heart of latin quarter but also quiet and relaxing. No noise from the street. Breakfast is average. In brief: good stay, confortable hotel, I can recommend it

Classy place

by TripAdvisor Member wyldspirit

This boutique hotel is right next to the Sorbonne and very near the Luxembourg metro stop. Very classy, upscale decor. Reception was very nice and accommodating.

Charles de Gaulle - CDGCharles de Gaulle - CDG

Musee PicassoMusee Picasso

... or a fantastic view (from Sacre Coeur)... or a fantastic view (from Sacre Coeur)

reclining figure, on my tablereclining figure, on my table

Accomodation near Port Malliote

by Carloway

I will be in Paris mid november for two nights(midweek).3 Adults and 3 children (6,8,11).Could someone please reccomend some suitable Hotels/apartments near Port Malliote (or within 1 to 2 KM).My max accomodation budget is around 500 euro.I Have looked at a lot of sites but its difficult to find anything because our travel party is an unusual size.Thanks in advance.

by leics

Have you looked at www.venere.com and www.booking.com?

You can search by party number and number of rooms on venere, and then can refine your results by area.

You can find hotels near Port Maillot on booking.com here:

Both sites are reliable, have good mapping and honest guest reviews.

by puerto_lover

Just to mention. The location is PORTE MAILLOT - the e is on the end of Port not Maillot. I don't think this matters when using search tools but may be best to use the correct address.
If you are arriving on the shuttle bus from Beauvais using Ryanair, presume you have used Ryanair's own search facility for budget etc accommodation ?

by puerto_lover

It is sometimes worth looking at the IBIS chain (also ACCOR generally - the holding company) for ideas.
I see one IBIS hotel at the business area district (modern high rise) called La Defense which is about 3 kms from Porte Maillot if you look down the wide Avenue Charles de Gaulle. The Hotel Ibis Paris La Défense Centre is large and can accomodate 3 to a room and you can find some offers depending on dates of stay.
Also it is within a few minutes walk from the METRO station "Esplanade de la Defense" that is on Line One that runs across the centre of Paris calling at Louvre Tuileries Chatelet for Notre Dame etc etc.
La Defense is actually going out of Paris from Porte Maillot but the Metro time between the two is only about 10 minutes. Or maybe about a 40 minutes walk ? The La Defense area though is designed for high rise living and the car so don't expect genteel old Paris!

Only an idea not necessarily a recommendation.

Comments