Sainte Beuve Hotel

9, rue Sainte-Beuve, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France
Hotel Sainte Beuve
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Sainte Beuve Hotel

Wonderful Service & Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member MissMegs

I have to disagree with some of the other under-excellent comments by others - my husband and I had a terrific stay at Hotel Sainte Beuve. On our first trip to Paris, we reseacrhed several hotels and decided on this one for location, price and looks (online photos). We were so surprised to find it exactly as imagined and ever better then expected. It's adorable!

Our room was a standard room, which I knew would be tiny but we have sufficient room to move around in and a bathroom that was way larger then others I've had in 4 star hotels elsewhere in the world. Everyday, our room would have new bathtowels, slippers and clean and hung robes. So adorable. It was quiet, dark (slept in until noon one morning due to optional darkening curtains), and comfortable. The concierge gave us a wake up call each monring and offered to make our dinner reservations as we do not have perfect French. Their receommendations for dinner (LOVED Le Timbre and L'Epi Dupin) were amazing. The chef at L'Epi Dupin even gave us a signed menu for my birthday. Great treat.

All in all, we will be back and we will be staying at Sainte Beuve. I garuntee you will be impressed.

Lovely room in a lovely spot

We had just one night at the Sainte Beuve, unfortunately. It was a relaxing one, with comfortable beds in a charmingly decorated room of adequate size, with windows opening to a small balcon. The bathroom was spacious and well-appointed, and the separate WC is always nice.

Staff was helpful and courteous. The only thing I didn't like was the odd breakfast arrangement in the lobby, sitting on low divans and eating off a central low table with other guests, some of whom were quite noisy. And while David Hicks' subtle decor works well in the bedrooms (we peeked in some others when they were being cleaned), I wasn't as thrilled with it in the public spaces. It has a rather British feel to it, which is not what I want when I'm in Paris.

Oh--the breakfast was not one of the better ones we've had in Paris. If these were indeed Pierre Herme croissants, then Pierre Herme is over-rated. And the coffee was drip-brewed and weak, not the strong brew prepared with an espresso machine that we've come to expect and enjoy in Paris.

Minor quibbles, though. My most major quibble is that we didn't stay here long enough for me to do much exploring. Would have loved to hang out at some of the Montparnasse cafes just around the corner (and up the street).

Cute boutique hotel, great locaiton, nice staff and affordable rates

by TripAdvisor Member toonsino

My husband is French but we live in NYC and whenever we go visit in family in the Poitou region we like to stay in Paris a few nights just to enjoy the city and visit our Parisian friends. We found this cute little boutique hotel in the Montparnasse/St Germain area. You get a nice double room for about 170 Euros. The only issue is that it's located on a small Paris street which most cabbies don't know. So be sure to tell them to go to Vavin and blvd. Raspail to make it easier.

Not as nice as the website photos

I had high hopes for this small hotel in the 6eme, just west of the Jardins du Luxembourg... but the property DID NOT live up to my expectations. It's the type of place that has gussied up the lobby and hired a professional photographer to take impressive shots for the brochure and website, but has left the guest rooms untouched. They've got tired drapes, old carpets and outdated bathrooms. Location is fine--not good or bad. A few short blocks to the Jardins, which is great for jogging. Also near several metro stops, but it's a tad far south to make it "centrally located." It's almost at Montparnasse. Nice staff--helpful and proficient in English. Overall, it wasn't gross or horrible, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Charming Hotel

My husband and I and 2 other couples stayed at this most charming hotel a week ago. We were all most impressed with the service (check-in and out went quickly and smoothly and the concierge was most helpful in many respects), the beautiful lobby and bar, and the quaint guest rooms with amenity filled marble baths. For a 3 star under 200 euro, this hotel is quite a bargain and quite a find!

Ok, but wouldn't stay again

by TripAdvisor Member nmhvineyard

I stayed here alone for 8 nights in March. I found the location to be too south for me, thought it would be closer to St Germain. Lots of street noise from the major intersection. I found the weekend staff to be very rude, however the woman during the week was wonderful and very informative. The room was nicer theen I anticipated, however it was located right next to the elevator making it very noisey with the maids going up and down. Not a bad experience but next time will try the Hotel Lenox.

Would definitely stay again!

This small, comfortable hotel near the Luxembourg Gardens and the Vavin metro capped a trip to France to visit my daughter who has been studying in Nantes. The staff was very accomodating, for example - letting us use their computer to print up a receipt for tickets purchased on-line on the FNAC site for the Musee D'Orsay Neo-Impressionism exhibition. Our room was very quiet, on the top floor facing the courtyard. We did splurge for breakfast on a Sunday before we took a tour to Giverny/Versailles (mainly to save time) but there is a small grocery just right around the corner and a Columbia Cafe (Starbucks' rival) one street over if you must have your cafe to go. We enjoyed the small, neighborhood feel and would most definitely recommend - can't wait to stay again!

Highly recommended. Connected rooms.

We liked everything. Friendly staff. Near two metro stations, and a good walk to Notre Dame if you like walking. Good shopping nearby for middle market multiples stuff: Finac, H&M, Zara, and all those other places my teenage daughter liked. Sunday a.m. organic market was fun to see a couple of blocks away. We didn't breakfast in the hotel- we prefered to go to a local boulangerie. The best part was that we had two rooms, each en-suite, connected by a private lobby i.e. you have a common front door into the lobby then a door left and door right into each room (see photo). Great for families. We found the rooms quiet and comfortable. We plan to return to Paris without child and will certainly book here again. Look out for off-peak deals, like an extra night for free. Location would be analogous to Notting Hill rather than Picadilly, i.e. not in the heart, but not too far off it.

Comments