2, rue de Parme, Paris, 75009, France

The sarcophagusThe sarcophagus

PharmaciePharmacie

CDG airport to Ibis Hotel in Rue Cambronne, 15éme - 75015

by MaryJoEllen

I arrive in CDG airport at 20.50 tomorrow evening (Friday 6 Nov). What is best way to get to Hotel Ibis Tour Eiffel at 2 Rue Cambronne? Don't know Paris. Metro / RER / taxi? Many thanks. MaryJo

by pfsmalo

Perhaps not the quickest but certainly the easiest is to take the RER from CDG all the way to station Denfert Rochereau, change here onto line no. 6 direction Charles de Gaulle-Etoile and after 7 stops you have the station Cambronne. Then just 30 seconds to cross the road. A taxi will probably be a lot quicker at that time of night but will certainly cost you a lot more.

Have a good trip

by Beausoleil

Don't know if you've used the RER / Metro before, but when you buy your ticket at CDG, get your ticket to Cambronne and you will not have to stop and get another ticket at Denfert-Rochereau. One ticket takes you all the way to Cambronne.

Have a great trip.

by Roadquill

You can certainly take the RER B line into Paris central for about 9 euro per person. From the terminal you have a relatively easy escalator down to the tracks even with luggage. The ticket machine is right next to the escalator. However, once you reach one of the stations that the RER B line goes through, Gare du Nord, Chatellet/Les Halles, St. Michel, etc. you will need to change metro lines and that can be a pain with luggage. You may want to consider stopping at Gare du Nord where there is usually a taxi queue out front and taking a taxi across the river. This will at 11 PM at night so the traffic won't be bad. Karl

by Maryimelda

I second Karl's suggestion. By the time you get off the aircraft and retrieve your luggage etc. it will be getting pretty late. I would make the journey to the hotel as simple as possible at that hour because the steps and tunnels etc at different Metro and RER stations can be really gruelling when you are dragging your luggage behind you and especially at that hour of the night. I for one would not be at ease making this journey at that hour (especially alone), I don't know whether or not you will be alone. A taxi from Gare du Nord seems like a good idea to me unless of course, you want to spend the extra and take a taxi from CDG.

by qzaman

I agree with Karl and kate.
On our way back, because of luggage, we took a taxi from convention area to CDG. It costed about Euro 45. Now consider Euro 9 from CDG to Gare du Nord, then dragging all the luggage around to find a taxi. The taxi from Gare du Nord at that hour will probably cost another 20 I think. So do your math. Hope it helps.

Travel Tips for Paris

Go see Notre Damme. This...

by llollipoppi

Go see Notre Damme. This building is absolutely amazing and the detail of the work that has been put in to it is just beyond belief, I felt totally overwhelmed by the beauty of this building and you can feel the history when you are here. Sitting in a cafe drinking coffeE. This may sound typically French but you really feel like you are part of the culture when you are doing this, it is just so relaxing- you just soke up the atmosphere, it is great.

Visit the Eiffel Tower.

by Aragina

Cyn and I used to come here and people watch, it was great in Summer and we used to just enjoy ourselves walking around here and going to the top and looking down on the city.

This pic was taken many years ago from the top of the Eiffel Tower

Take-my-Breath-Away Moment in Paris!

by BeatChick

I have to tell you about ONE MOMENT that just so took my breath away.

First of all, I was thrilled when the Eurostar pulled into Paris. I looked around at all the people with me and said, "Are we here, are we in Paris?" Everyone else seemed rather blasé about the prospect of arriving in one of the most romantic cities in the world (except for me - I was TOO excited!).

So I took the RER from the Gard du Nord to the St-Michel-Nôtre-Dame exit, except that I must have gotten off the next stop down or came out of the wrong exit because I was expecting to see the Seine when I got out. I'd planned to use that to orient myself to find my hotel. I started walking, getting further & further lost, crossed Bld. St-Germain and knew I was further than I should have been, pulled out my map, looked for the streets that would take me to my hotel. FINALLY, I figured out that what I thought were the street signs (no guidebook prepared me for this one) were actually signs pointing to where things were, such as the Sorbonne or the Panthéon or St-Germain-des-Prés church, and that the ACTUAL signs were those blue placards on the sides of the buildings. Aha!

By now, I'd walked for about 1/2 hour. I'd maneuvered my way north to the Seine, when all of the sudden, through a break in the buildings, I saw the most beautiful façade of a massive cathédrale! I didn't think it could possibly be Nôtre Dame as that church was supposed to be, hello, 1/2-way across a river (but I'm used to the Ohio River which is much wider than the Seine) but thought it so pretty that I quickly snapped a picture. It just so took my breath away. I thought, well if just one of the normal churches look like that just imagine how Nôtre Dame looks.

Suffice it to say that I'm glad I took the picture as I later realized (once I got to my hotel where I had a view of said cathêdrale) that it WAS Nôtre Dame.

HAPPY Happy Moment!!

Photo: March 2001

Many people will tell you that...

by hprior

Many people will tell you that Parisians are rude. I have never experienced that. If you are polite, they are polite. It's that simple.
The French learn English in school and do know the language, but if you ask them if they speak English they will more than likely reply, 'yes, a little'. They are not trying to put you off. It's just that they don't feel they speak it as well as you do. So give them a break...if you speak some French, use it. They will be pleased that you tried. Otherwise, speak English but slow it down a bit. We Americans tend to speak like a 33 album on a 45 setting.

Rue Caulaincourt

by alkgirly

If you find yourself in the Monmartre one evening and you don't fancy mingling with the tourists and artists, then take a stroll down the Rue Caulaincourt where the locals hang out after-hours. There are some really nice bars and restaurants down this way that often get missed as it's outside the 'tourism zone'. After you've done whiling the evening away, get lost in the streets and admire the architecture and townhouses/apartments on your way back to the main drag.

Comments