Serotel Lutece Hotel Paris

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Serotel Lutece Hotel Paris

Relaxing pre-flightRelaxing pre-flight

Monoprix at Boulevard de ClichyMonoprix at Boulevard de Clichy

From the second levelFrom the second level

Discover Paris On A Cruise - Pic #12Discover Paris On A Cruise - Pic #12

Which hotel?

by plw58

Thanks to CaptainAmerica's suggestion I'm updating my previous post to include addresses of the hotels I need information on.

Libertel Moulin Paris - 39 Rue Fontaine Montmartre 75009
Mercure Paris Opera Garnier - 4 Rue De L Isly 75008
Serotel Lutece - 2 Rue Berthollet 75005
Libertel Opera Touraine - 73 Rue Taitbout Opera 75009

Any information would be great. Thanks for the suggestion CaptainAmerica!

Pam

Re: Which hotel?

by GUYON

It's a pity you have not received an answer after 2 days. I try to correct the malfunction.

Of course, I have no personal experience of these hotels but all of them are chain hotels. So they are certainly clean and well managed. No surprise, bad or good.

But they are not at the same level if we consider the location :

Libertel Moulin Paris : it is in the Red district of Paris. Not unsafe but special. Very crowed by night

Mercure Opera garnier : a 3 stars at a higher level than the prior one. In the area of business and department stores. Deserted at night. Near the Gare St Lazare which is one of the station to reach the Palais de Versailles

- Serotel Lutece : in the South of 5° arrt that means far from Quartier Latin. But 5 mn walk from Rue Mouffetard a typical area of Paris especially on Sunday morning during the street market. Nothing to do there at night in this area.

- Libertel Opera Touraine : in one of the Jewish areas of Paris. Beside the business district of banks and insurance companies. I tell that to explain it is safe.
You will be 8 mn walk from Blvd Haussmann & des Italiens, with a pleasant nightlife : cinemas, theaters, Opera, Opera Comique, restaurants, bars, bistrots (there is one at the bottom of the hotel). The nearest metro station (Trinite) is on the line to Montmartre & Sacre Coeur.

On my opinion, the last hotel is your best choice.

Re: Re: Which hotel?

by ExGuyParis

Before I moved to Paris I stayed often at the Mercure Paris Opera Garnier. The rooms are small (typical in Paris) but quite nice. The neighborhood is very busy in the day, close to the trian station St. Lazare and several Métro lines. There are a few good inexpensive restaurants rigt across the street, and many cafés, fast food places, and nicer restaurants within a few blocks. There is a relatively new shopping mall minutes away, with a Fnac (music and electronics) and many specialty shops. The two bif department stores, Printemps and Galeries Lafayette, are just around the corner. The opéra is close as well. Near the opera there is a lot of nightlife-- movie theaters, bars, restaurants.

Of your choices, this is the only one I know, but I can highly recommend it!

Paul

Travel Tips for Paris

Paris Tip

by Libs

I loved everything about Paris down to the minutest tiniest detail of the man in the leather coat spray painting grafiti in the Metro late at night. but my fondest memory is of when we were let loose in the Latin Quarter and my friend Isabel went off together because we looked the least American of our group and spoke the best French. the merchants trying to lure people into their restaurants called out to other tourists in English, but they spoke french to us. We went to McDonalds, which i'm sure sounds lame, but we were the only tourists there. it was crowded so a man and his young daughter shared our table. he was so attentive to her. he washed her hands off with a bottle of Evian and set everything up for her before he did anything for himself. she was the cutest child ever and kept trying to steal our fries. 'mange ton poulet' he said and enticingly offered her a mcnugget. she wanted our fries. then we went out and stopped at Hotel Cluny, and building that had intrigued us when we went by before. we went into the court yard and sat down and relaxed. then a young French family came in and played together while we watched. i'm not sure how exactly, but it was just magic...

Louvre Museum

by pili

Undoubtedly, it is one of the most famous and important museums in the world. The main entrance to the museum is the Napoleon Hall that is under the pyramid. (Here is where you can get the entrance fees). If you don´t have too much time, you should buy a "museum guide" to be able to visit, without wasting time, the places you are really interested in.
The most important works are: "The Gioconda"," Venus de Milo"; "Winged Victory and Seated Scribe". Although, these are the most important masterpieces, in my opinion, they are not the mos beautiful and impressing ones.

Sin dudas, uno de los museos más famosos e importantes del mundo. La principal entrada se encuentra en el hall Napoleón, que está bajo la pirámide (es allí donde se adquieren las entradas). Si no se tiene mucho tiempo para recorrer conviene obtener una guia del museo para visitar directamente las obras que se quiere ver.-
Las más importes son: "La Gioconda", "La Venus de Milo", "La Victoria Alada de Samotracia", "El escriba sentado" y para abogados, "El Código de Hammurabi".-

Arc de Triomphe

by Sharrie

The Arc de Triomphe is reached via a tunnel from the Avenue des Champs-Elysees. Here, you see lots of sculpted decorations & statues which glorify Napoleon's victories.

This is my friend Jenny & me in front of the statues glorifying Napoleon's Triumph after the Peace of 1810.

You'd have thought it was our glory, won't you? :-)))

Les Veritables Pastilles Valda

by shrimp56

I couldn't resist the old-fashioned sign in the pharmacy window :))))
According to the website: "Utilisé pour soulager les irritations de la gorge. " that is, use to soothe a sore throat :) Try the French website for more information;)

Rue du chat qui peche

by Inguuna

One of the narrowest streets in Paris is called ‘Street of fishing cat’. It’s not very long and leads you to the bank of Seine. So if you aren’t so thin, better not try going there :). Also near here there is a restaurant with the same name.

Comments