Sofitel Arc De Triomphe Paris

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• tattud_gurl's Profile Photo

A stones throw from the Arc De Triomphe

The Sofitel Arc De Triomphe in Paris is in a great residential neighborhood, a short walk from the busy streets of the Champs Elysees and the Arc De Triomphe.
    The metro station is a 5 minute walk and there's a pharmacy, small grocery store and many restaurants within a 1KM radius.
    The Sofitel has 134 rooms and is very quiet. The small lobby and lobby bar are truly parisienne. Marble floors, fresh flowers and Louis XIV style furniture takes you back in time.
    This is mainly a business-type hotel, but I think it's perfect for leisure because it's quiet and not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.
    We had room 217 which is a totally futuristic room. One touchscreen remote controls everything from the lights, to the tv. My favorite part of the room is the sliding wooden doors that close off ALL light from the window/french doors. The doors open up the the street below and there's a tiny ledge to stand on and a window basket full of red flowers.
    The bathroom had a separate tub and enclosed shower with a rainforest showerhead, surround sound and a tv in the mirror!
    The room also includes a 42 inch flatscreen TV, aromatherpy products, fluffy robes, slippers, and a safe in the closet. This is a really cool room. I got the best sleep of my life on thier "My Bed" product which has a down mattress pad and down comforter. WONDERFUL! I don't know if all the rooms have that bed, but this was awesome. The room had a chaise lounge and a desk with internet.
    They have a daily breakfast buffet, but at 29.00Euro for scrambled eggs and toast, it's a little too rich for my blood, but with really nothing else around, (all the restaurants around are not open for breakfast) you are kind of at thier mercy. the Champs Elysees is a short walk and there's plenty to grub on, there.
    The lobby bar, Le Windsor is a great place to catch a nightcap and listen to the piano. There are a couple comfy couches and a mahogany bar.

Unique Quality: Wonderful, quiet location off the busy streets of the Champs Elysees.

Directions: 2 blocks form the Arc

More about Sofitel Arc De Triomphe Paris

Sofitel Arc de Triomphe Highly Recommended!!

by TripAdvisor Member KOinCT

We just returned from a romantic long-weekend in Paris, and I must say the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe contributed greatly to our overall pleasant stay and wonderful experience in this beautiful city. The front desk staff was so accomodating, helpful and sincerely nice. So many nice details (free wi-fi in the room, nightly turn-down service was great, little teddy bear on the pillow!) that we will never forget. The appetizers and drinks at the bar downstairs was great (get the fromage plate!) and the staff so kind and helpful. We had a cute 7th floor room - the bedroom was small and cozy, with a huge bathroom! Tucked inside a lovely residential street, it is so conveniently located to Champs Elysee, Air France bus to CDG (anyone can take it for 13 euros), Metro and more. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Sofitel Arc de Triomphe Paris excellent service, would not hesitate to go back

by TripAdvisor Member dave_swash_2007

We arrived at the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe Paris (30Mar - 02Apr) with high expectations as i have had good reviews from colleagues and after reading reviews from this site, We were more than satisfied with the room/service and price considering the location (just off the Champs-Elysées) and the standard of the hotel

On the duration of out stay we stayed in a superior room, which was more than adequate, the room was spacious and the bed was out of this world, its true what all of the other reviews say about the beds, just try not to sleep in and miss your day ;)

The staff are extremely helpful and made you feel right at home, especially the reception staff, more than happy to help if you have any questions.

The maid service, again, was excellent, Towels were changed twice a day and they would always greet you in the corridor

All in all, I would not hesitate to go back and when we go back to Paris I will hopefully be staying there again.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member frequentravel

We stayed at his wonderful hotel for 2 nights last week and couldn't be more pleased. This was the last 2 nights after a very long trip that began in Paris 2 weeks prior. On that leg, we stayed at the # 1 recommended hotel on this site, Hotel Residence Foch, and were very disappointed with our accommodations. We decided to “roll the dice” and use Priceline and we ended up here and for less.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and allowed to check in right away despite the early (9 am) hour. When we got to our room, we noticed the smell of paint coming from one of the rooms being renovated. When we brought this up with the front desk staff, they did not hesitate to offer to move us to another room. This room was a corner room (#515) that was just amazing. There was a separate toilet room from the full bath (comes in handy when traveling with a significant other..) huge flat screen TV, wonderfully comfortable bed, and a small balcony with a nice view of the surrounding area.

Our last night there we asked the concierge for a recommendation for a good, but not break-the-bank, restaurant for dinner. They gave us many options, but strongly suggested Chez Catherine around the corner. It was superb.

Many thanks for a wonderful stay and Parisian experience.

Really Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member WANDERMAN

We have just spent 5 nights at the Arc de Triomphe Paris Sofitel Demeure Hotel in a King Deluxe room. I am usually a very difficult customer but was really impressed by this property. The staff were all incredibly friendly, helpful and most obliging. Both the room and bathroom were large, spacious and well appointed - and, all those rumours about the Sofitel "bed" are true.....I fell in love with their pillows !! The hotel has a great position within an easy 2 minute walk to the Champs Elysees. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel and hope to return soon.
Paul - Johannesburg, South Africa

A Pleasant Weekend Break

by TripAdvisor Member Billyz11

We stayed here for a weekend break in a deluxe suite on the 3rd floor. Check-in was very straightforward with friendly and helpful staff. The suite was very spacious with pleanty of nice touches although the bathroom was a little on the small size by comparison. Nicely furnished but perhaps getting a little tired.
The location is quiet and upscale, a safe neighbourhood within 5 minutes walk of The Arc. Would stay here again.

perfect for Paris 1st timers

by TripAdvisor Member Massa

Location - great for walking and taking the Metro. Rooms - comfortable and cosy. Service - breakfast - good food, service excellent - BAR - felt very spoiled and looked after every time. We shopped around before choosing this hotel and think we got it right. Great hotel and if you like 4/5 star - you wont be dissapointed. Loved the late breakfast till 12.00 - you have all day to see the sights, have a lie in and enjoy!!

Favourably surprised

by TripAdvisor Member Ganor

Needed 1 night (Feb 9) in Paris and Priceline got Sofitel for $165. I got a small room 5th floor facing the inner circle. Although small the room was very clean with nice touches (Hi-speed internet through LCD TV, remote keyoard, 2 bathrobes, water and sparkling water complementary).

I returned to the hotel around 2AM. I lost my card while dancing so a kind person was wake enough to open the door for me. AND ... the bed is nothing short of heavenly. I visited many exclusive hotels and resorts but truly this bed was exceptional.

Breakfast in the morning was rich and tasty (horrible french coffee). All floors are served by one small elevators (limitations of the old building) so may be a problem (I had no problem). Staff was very helpful and welcoming. I stored the water in the mini-bar to cool it so when I arrived at night I had new bottles by the bed. Registration (at 3PM) took 5 minutes.

Overall: My room was small for a couple (if they want to spend time in it) but everything else is exceptional.

Very good location

by TripAdvisor Member PFP

Nice hotel in quiet and still very central location. My room was quite small and furniture could have been more comfortable, Bathroom very nice. Reception area has a nice bar with live music. Staff friendly and for this location I did not find a price of € 230 per night too expensive. However, breakfast at € 27 is rather high.

Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member PhilGSolihull

Stayed here for a long weekend with 2 young children in a Junior Suite.

Staff were friendly, helpful and the service was excellent. Very accomodating of the children which is unusual in a high class hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Stanley Cup Game!

by papabear197

We will be in Paris the week of May 23-30. Not sure if it will come down to it, but wondered about catching that all important final game! We will be staying at the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe and wondered where to go if needs must!

Re: Stanley Cup Game!

by Jefie

I think your best bet might be to go to a Canadian sports bar. "The Great Canadian Pub" (http://www.tgcparis.com/en/index.html) is pretty easy to locate, it's right by the Seine, just a few steps away from Metro Saint-Michel (and if I remember correctly it's the one that's got hockey sticks for door handles!). Hope that helps!

Re: Stanley Cup Game!

by papabear197

Thank you so much! Son in law is going to be very very happy!

Comments