Splendid Etoile

Hotels.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ohmaid's Profile Photo

Great Hotel Around The Arch

Great loaction, nice rooms, good quality breakfast, friendly staff at a bargain price 5 star performance for a 3 star price.

Unique Quality: You can almost touch the Arc from the room balcony.

• cwest03's Profile Photo

See The Arc de Triomphe From Your Doorstep

The room that I had was a pretty decent size with a queen size bed and an in room bathroom with shower and bath tub. The hotel is not modern by any means but has that European style and character that let's you know that you're in another country. The elevator is just big enough to fit about 2 people and a roll alon bag. If you bring too much luggage you might have to make 2 trips to your room.

Single : FF 1300
    Double : FF 1450
    Superior (1 or 2 persons) : FF 1600
    Junior Suite (1 or 2 persons) : FF 1850
    Apartment (1 or 2 persons) : FF 2200
    Continental breakfast : FF 95
    Buffet breakfast : FF 140

Unique Quality: Very close to the Arc de Triomphe. When you step out of the hotel and into the street, turn to your right and you'll see it. You're also about a 2 minute walk from the Champs Elysées. A nice location that's just close enough to everything.

Directions: Located between La Défense and Champs Elysées, facing the Arc de Triomphe

More about Splendid Etoile

loved the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 8841

justcame backfrom the splendid etoile hotel in paris. it was great and would stay there again. this is about our 8th trip to paris. they are so accomodating. the room was lovely and the bathroom great.the location is perfect. f and s from buffalo ny

Fantastic Views

by TripAdvisor Member JLou

We have just returned from 5 days in Paris where we stayed at the Splendid Etoile. Fantastic Hotel - we had a superior room on corner of the 5th floor overlooking the Arc de Triomphe and also a clear view of the Eiffel Tower. Staff were friendly and always helpful. They even found us a European adaptor plug to use as my husband packed a USA one by accident. Metro is right outside of the hotel and we found it the best way to get around Paris efficiently. Great little cafe called "Lateral" on the corner of Rue Mac-Mahon and Rue Tilsitt. We ate there a few times as the food was really nice - large portions and waiters were actually helpful - quite a rarity on both counts.

A pleasant surprise

We decided on this hotel after reading all of the reviews on this site. I read so many bad reviews on hotels in Paris my expectations were set very low for my firs Europe trip.

this hotel was a nice surprise. We upgraded to the superior room for a nominal charge through travelocity. The room was of average size compared to american hotels. Pleanty of room for two. Actually enought room to spread out and excercise. the heating is very good. Too good. We opened the windows at night to cool it down at times. The shower was ok with the pressure and temp. It had a shower curtain which i guess is rare. the windows are all french style doors that open to walk out onto the balcony and are double paned which made them almost sound proof except for a few sirens or scooter sounds that would get through.

The staff is great. Spoke very good english and always started with the language they knew their guest spoke. Our concierge spoke seven languages.

We requested a room with a view of the arch d' triomphe and got one with a balcony view meaning that you could only see it from the balcony. There are only a few rooms with the view you see online. This kinda bummed us at first but turned out to not be a big deal.

The lobby area is tiny with a nice little bar area. They had a daily variety of different language newspapers for free. The elevators are hilariously small, but we got a chuckle out of them everytime. We never tried the restaurant or breakfast buffet as there are numerous places in the area at much cheaper rates.

They have high speed internet in the room for 14 euros for 24 hours. But there are too also many cafes with free wi-fi close by.

The area couldn't be a more convienient location. The metro is just acroos the street which connects to the main line to all the sites. The metro is fantastic, easy and safe at all hours.

There are so many restaurants in the area we never ventured futher than a few blocks for our dinners.

I recommend if you fly into CDG to take the Air France bus. It's available to all for around 14 euros round trip. It drops you off directly in front of the hotel.

Overall we were very pleased and pleasantly surprised.

Great hotel and great staff

I stayed at this hotel this weekend and was really pleased I chose the hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, all the staff could speak English (and were happy to), the location was perfect and the room was exceptionally quiet considering it was on a main road. The only down side to the hoetl was the size of the room. We stayed in a standard room and even though it was big enough for us it would have been nicer to have a slightly larger room. I would certainly return to this hotel if I return to Paris, the staff certainly and location certainly made a difference.

Not exactly what I had in mind.

by TripAdvisor Member ilovecheesecake

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Paris. The fact that the hotel was not what I expected didn't impact the fun we had. I always use tripadvisor when booking a hotel room and I am usually pleased with the hotels I get. This however would be an exception. I do not know who is leaving reviews for this hotel but it is not what everyone is saying. There are much nicer hotels in Paris for less money. This hotel is in an excellent location but that is about all it has going. The hotel itself is average at best. There is torn wall paper all over the walls in the hallways, the rooms are large(for Paris) but there is nothing special about them. I would rather have a smaller room with nice linens and a comfortable bed. This hotel was a disappointment.

Friendly but over priced?

by TripAdvisor Member BoldlyGO

I booked this hotel for myself, my husband and 12 year old by email and got a very friendly reply, and a triple room. The reviews on this site were helpful, but perhaps a bit American? I can see why our transatlantic cousins and business people would love the hotel - dark wood, powerful showers etc. It is in a great location as others have said. Our triple was a suite with the attached room sofa turned into a bed (room 109), and was very good and spacious with a huge bathroom! It overlooked the side street, and a minus would be not being able to have the windows open. The maid was great and funny too. The reception were charming, and the area very good. Breakfasts at the hotel were not good value for money - we recommend the jolly French famille at the Emperor opposite where you can have anything from just a croissant and coffee to their take on an English or American breakfast! Go down the road, and you are in a French neighbourhood. The French should do something about the dark dank underpass (built in the 70s?) which takes you to the Arc de Triomphe!!

To sum up, a very good hotel, but a little pricey, probably because of the location. We are glad we went though as the Metro is just outside the door and our son loved the little lift down!

Good location for tourists but the hotel is ok

Stayed there for two nights in March.

The hotel has an excellent location. From some rooms (not all though) you will enjoy the view of the Arc. RER and Metro station is just around the corner.

Room is big compared with other Paris hotels. It is also quiet. However it's a little bit old and nothing really special about it. The bath room is again good size but quite plain.

Service isn't too bad. Most staff speak good English. Didn't use the restaurant so not sure about the quality of food. However there are so many restaurants near by so you will always find something good with reasonable price. If you don't want to spend too much money eating breakfast, try the MacDonald. It's really cheap (when you are used to the London rip-off price) and quality is good.

Overall the hotel is above average. I will stay again if there is any promotion.

A room with a view

My wife, two daughters, and I stayed in Hotel Splendid Hotel for six nights. I booked it directly though the hotel by e-mail after viewing their website. I chose it primarily because of excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and largely because we had better experience, generally, in smaller hotels. In my e-mail I wrote what I was looking for and I promptly received a favorable reply from the hotel.

We stayed in room 606 on the top floor with breathtaking view of the Arc de Triomphe and the Tour Eiffel. It was a beautifully appointed suite with French furniture and decor but with a pleasant minimalist feel to it. To the delight of my 9 and 11 year old daughters, the staff prepared two separate beds for them in the sitting room. The largest in the sixth floor, the room provided ample space for my family. The marble bathroom, impeccably clean and religiously supplied with generous toiletries, towels, and bathrobes, has very strong water pressure.

The members of the staff especially the concierge were very cordial and polite. They provided excellent suggestions for restaurants and helpful tips on how to go about your daily trips around the city. The hotel's location couldn't be more perfect. The Metro station is right in front of the hotel.

We chose not to eat any of our meals in the hotel because ther are many restaurants, brassieries, and cafes nearby that offer excellent food for better value. Two of our favourites are the Lateral, only two small blocks from the hotel, and Jacques boulangerie, about three blocks. Our dining experience have been wonderful--courteous staff and expeditious service, and of course, great food. (It is true, the French can really cook!)

I will certainly stay in this hotel again on our next trip to Paris.

Comments