4, rue Croix Des Petits Champs, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Satisfaction Average

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• JaredB's Profile Photo

Tim Hotel Le Lourve

Great Hotel in a great location. Right by the Lourve, Lundry mat arond the corner, Bike rental machine rightin front, free internet... walking to the Lourve in minutes.

Rooms clean and nice. Bathroom normal for Europe, small but clean.

Overall a 10/10 for me! Will stay here again.

Unique Quality: Laundry mat around back

More about Timhotel Le Louvre

I cannot say that it's the...

by GloriaAndrus

I cannot say that it's the best location, but we stayed in small hotel in the very center of Paris - Timhotel Louvre. Hotel has small but cosy rooms and very friendly staff. And location is really great!
120-145 euro for double room plus 8 euro breakfast

Inefficient and shabby, but great location

by TripAdvisor Member cmqp

This was my third visit to the Timhotel le Louvre, although my first in a few years. I guess I've moved on considerably since the last visit, because this time I found the hotel to be small, poorly equipped and pretty inefficient. The one bonus at this Timhotel - and it's a massive bonus - is the location, as you may have discerned from the other reviews.

So, I booked direct with the website and requested a refurbished deluxe room at extra cost. I emailed the hotel twice to say it was a special weekend for my girlfriend and me, so could they give us the nicest of their deluxe rooms? There was no reply, but I didn't imagine they'd just ignore my requests. It certainly didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get a deluxe room at all! When we checked in, we were given a room on the 6th (top) floor - note that the tiny elevator only goes to the 5th floor!

The room itself was shabby with a stained bedspread and a tiny bathroom. Far from deluxe! The shower really was miniature and took nearly 20 minutes to produce any warm water first time. I asked reception to move us, and they weren't able to. Given that it was the week before Christmas, we chose to simply stay in our 'standard' room (for which read 'grim') rather than risk checking out and being stuck without a room in Paris. All very disappointing, and not the romantic ambience my girlfriend and I were looking for. On check out, we were charged the rate for a standard room. This hardly rectified the situation - I'd have been more than happy to pay more and stay in a nicer room!

However, the hotel can't be faulted for its proximity to the shopping on the rue de Rivoli, the islands and Notre Dame, the Champs Elysee, and of course the wonderful Louvre, which is literally across the road.

This hotel is ideal for those with a limited budget who are looking for a very central location. Anyone used to a few comforts in their hotel accommodation will be disappointed! Timhotel should refurbish all their rooms, or at least honour bookings in the deluxe rooms when they're made.

FYI, the nearest metro stop is Palais Royal.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Rhonda_B_55

We stayed here for 6 nights in May 2006 and found it to be great value for money.
The location was fantastic as if you like to walk you can get to all the attractions easily.
Yes, the bathrooms are quite tiny and perhaps you may find it hard if you are on the larger side as the showers are very small.
It was my first experience in Europe and the hotel and staff made it a pleasureable one.

great location, great price

by TripAdvisor Member JULESAROUNDTHEWORLD

OK... the skinny on the hotel is just this, It is not a 5 star hotel... but it has a 5 star location. Beds are very firm, the shower is so small that I couldn't bend over to shave my legs I'm 5'9 ( I measured 20 x 20) Don't use their shower gel / shampoo... it will take the skin off your face...
But for the good stuff.... LOCATION is great for the Louvre, can't beat a better location...the PRICE is as good as the location.
Just think you can spend money on other important things than a hotel room you will only sleep in...

Excellent choice in the Louvre neighborhood

by TripAdvisor Member velevele

I spent 9 nights here in Nov 2006. I chose this hotel after carefully reading and considering all the reviews of it here, both positive and negative, and couldn't have been more pleased with my choice. Thanks to all who posted earlier on this hotel; your reports were most helpful.

Overall: I had a single room (single bed) and didn't find it to be particularly small (I've had far smaller rooms in London). The bathroom was a decent size with an average-sized tub and shower. I didn't feel cramped at all (I'm 5'10"). The hotel is not luxurious, but it meets the quality standard of its star and price range.

Positives:
-- I arrived at about 1 PM and was allowed to check in immediately; didn't have to wait till the official 2 PM checkin time.
-- My room was kept immaculately clean and had ALWAYS been serviced when I returned to the hotel at the end of a sightseeing day; once I returned as early as 3 PM to drop something off and it had been serviced by then as well.
-- My room faced the small central courtyard and thus was exquisitely quiet, something very important to me. Until the last night, of my stay, when a large, loud group of people arrived on my floor, I heard no noise whatsoever, either from the street or other people in the hotel.
-- There was excellent hot water and excellent water pressure in the shower! (Nice to stand there and soak after a long day of sightseeing.)
-- All the hotel staff I encountered were very courteous and pleasant, including the maids and the maintenance staff.
-- The bed was comfortable, and I appreciated the extra blanket and pillow.
-- The reading light was decent.
-- The location couldn't be beat, just a block from the Louvre and a couple minutes' walk from two metro stations on two different metro lines (1 and 7). Extremely convenient.
-- As a woman alone, I felt quite safe walking around the hotel neighborhood by myself at night.
-- The hotel is close enough to the Chatelet-Les Halles RER station (about a 10-minute walk) that I didn't need to transfer to the metro, making it a very easy trip to and from Charles De Gaulle airport from the hotel.
-- There are several boulangeries, small shops, and cafes immediately by the hotel.

Negatives:
-- The aforementioned loud group, although that's not the hotel's fault, it was only one night, and they did quiet down when I asked them to. :-)
-- The elevator is tiny and holds only one person plus luggage or two people without luggage; if you're an elevator person, you will probably be unhappy with it. I took it only twice, the day I checked in with my luggage and the day I checked out with it. As my room was on the 5th floor, that involved a fairly long upward trudge, which at the end of long sightseeing days was sometimes a little hard to face.

This was an excellent home base for my 10-day trip to Paris and I would happily stay here again. Thanks again to the reviewers who helped me choose it.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member jnknyc

Great location. Average hotel. Room wasn't small, but the shower was. I am 5'8, 150 lbs and I could barely turn around. Can't say enough about the location though. If you are on a budget and get a good price then it may be worth it. Our television got 3 channels and was not fixed in the 3 days that we were there. FYI, internet access in the lobby. . .15 euro/hr.

Invalides or Le Louvvre

by worshik

Hi Guys, am back again with my question..

I m planning to stay inTim Hotel Invalides, 35 bd latour maubourg 75007 in paris.

Just wanted to know how good is the hotel and how far is the metro or the RER by walk.

I also have the option of Timhotel Le Louvre which is on the Petitis Champs road.

Which hotel is good in terms of location.Which is near to the metros.

Your comments please