2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

11, rue Ravignan, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75018, France

Booking.com Timhotel Orbitz.com

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• Doug_horrigan's Profile Photo

This is a building site, not a hotel

The place is covered in scaffolding and blue tarpaulin, the view from all rooms is either non-existent, or, if you're 'lucky' enough to be on the 5th floor, 'obscured'.

The hotel manager is not contactable other than by email, neither is the assistant manager, owner or anyone else with any authority.

The rooms I was shown had building dust on the floor, but to be fair this may have been from my shoes as the reception area is covered in the stuff.

I didn't receive any confirmation of my booking and had to phone the day before to make sure I had a room.

There was no mention of the renovations on their website otherwise I wouldn't have stayed there.

The receptionist refused to believe that there was scaffolding outside the room I was given and only believed me when I took her to the room and showed it to her.

Appalling place, rubbish service, avoid. I found another hotel but the greedy little sh*ts still want to charge me.

Unique Quality: No views, other than of scaffolding.
    Lousy customer service.
    No confirmation of the booking.
    No apology for the scaffolding.
    Great opportunity to meet a couple of migrant labourers as they peer into your room while you are making love to your wife or girlfriend.

Directions: Difficult to find, no parking.

• Zanee's Profile Photo

A room with a view !

I had read conflicting opinions of this hotel on various websites , so was slightly apprehensive about what I would find. Would the sheets be damp, the staff surly, the cat remain unswung. Well, no,no and slightly! The checking in process was quick and efficient ( all the desk staff spoke English very well - though that didn't stop me torturing them with a bit of their beautiful language at any opportunity :-). We paid roughly £90 a night for the room ( there were cheaper ones on the 'viewless floors' - about £60 ) and were on the top floor (there is a lift!)The room itself was perfectly adequate for our 4 night stay - we only had one medium-sized suitcase , though I would imagine for anyone touring with a lot of luggage it might seem a bit cramped - but, I have stayed in smaller rooms in the u.k, for more money . The room was clean, the bed was one of the comfiest i have had the pleasure to lie on (though walking round for 14 hours a day would probably make a pile of bricks seem inviting!) and the bathroom was spotless . The only thing I did miss was a hairdryer - but I knew there wasn't one provided, and took my own. I'm leaving the best bit 'til last .... THE VIEW ! Through the French windows our room looked out over a sea of red-tiled roofs and in the distance -the Eiffel tower . Rooms at the back of the hotel have views of the sacre Couer - but we like rooftops! Breakfast wasn't included , but costs around 7 euros - we had it one day and it was good - unlimited juice, coffee, toast, cereal, yoghurt, cheese and about 5 different pastries - and they serve until 10am . we had no complaints about our stay , and are already counting the days until we can return. Oh, they allow dogsto stay in the room as well - but you can't tell!

Unique Quality: Amazingly, this was my first visit to Paris since I was a very small child, and as a devotee of 'Amelie', I was detemined to stay in Montmartre. I booked this hotel as soon as I saw it's picture on the website - it is situated in a beautiful little square , next door to where Picasso had his studio. The location of the hotel in the beautiful 'village' of Montmatre is definitely its main selling point - it's like being on a film set when you go back to the hotel at night - the mellow orange street lighting , the Sacre Coeur rising above you , lots of cosy bars and restaurants - we even heard/saw someone playing a saxaphone through an open window!

Directions: We got off the Metro at Abessess and it was literally a 5 minute walk (albeit a very steep one!) to the hotel - it is situated right on a corner, and quite hard to miss.

• denise16's Profile Photo

Friendly with excellent location

We received a fantastic welcome from the staff, they found out it was our 25th wedding anniversary and upgraded our room. Rooms on the 4th and 5th floor have views of Sacré Coeur so i was a little disappointed that we were on the 2nd floor, so imagine my surprise when 1 hour before we checked out i looked up instead of across the square, and there was the basilica just visible over the building opposite.
    Can't tell you what the breakfast was like as we decided to take an early walk each morning and had breakfast in one of the many boulangeries with the locals. Ever had a bowl of chocolate for breakfast?
    Next door to the hotel is the site of Picasso's studio, most of it was destroyed by fire in the 1970's, but there is still something to be seen. The square itself is quiet and only a short walk from Abbesses metro station on line12. Beware leaving this station, there are many steps, especially if you have luggauge with you as we did, look carefully and you will find the massive lift up to the top.
    This hotel group is a small chain with approx. 16 hotels across the city.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location.
    comfortable but fairly small rooms.

Directions: 5 minute walk from Abbesses metro station. Leave station going right along the road, after few metres the road splits take the right hand fork then go up some steps.

• Location, Location, Location

I stayed in the Timhotel Montmarte with my mum in July 2006. We spent 4 nights there in a ‘Superior City View’ room on the 4th floor (417 if memory serves).
    We arrived at the Hotel a few hours before check-in but were able to leave our bags there until 3pm. We went back at about 2.50pm and the receptionist spoke good English (but didn’t seem to mind me testing my French out on him!) and was fine to let us check-in then. This turned out to be a good plan – the Hotel lobby is very small and when we went back downstairs half an hour later it was chock-a-block full of people waiting to check-in.
    The room was a decent size (for Paris) and had ample storage for clothes, a mirror, desk, comfy beds etc. No tea/coffee facilities though so you might want to take a travel kettle and some Tetley’s with you ;) The Bathroom was clean and an big enough, though the bigger boned traveller might have a bit of an uncomfortable showering experience as the showers are dinky. The room also came complete with self-operational air-con, which was a huge relief in the 30+ oC heat (it was late July!).
    The best feature by far however, was the view. I opened the double patio doors to find a ledge of about 2ft and a railing, beyond which was the most gorgeous vista. All of Paris is spread out before you and it was fun to pick out the main sights – especially nice on a night when the Eiffel Tower was lit up. There was also a particularly dramatic summer storm one night and we got a first-rate view of some amazing thunder and lightning! The ‘ledge’ is also big enough to get a chair on (just about) so lovely for reading/chilling if you feel like it.
    The week went far too quickly, each day the room/bathroom was left spotless and when we checked out it was quick and easy and the receptionist booked our taxi back to Gare du Nord for us. For a 2* hotel I was extremely impressed by the service and the accomodation.

Unique Quality: The main advantage of this hotel is the location. The Montmartre is my favourite area of Paris – try to avoid the touristy ‘Place du Tertre’ though. If you speak a bit of passable French try heading to the bars on Rue Coulaincourt where the local hang out on a night to get a feel for the ‘real’ Paris.

The view: what can I say? If you can then I would strongly advise booking a superior city view room. You won’t regret it!

The Abbesses Metro stop is less than minute down the street and there are numerous great bars, restaurants and cafes around for eats. We didn’t eat in the hotel as there is so much choice right on the doorstep – so I can’t comment on the food.

Directions: The hotel is on Place Emile Goudeau - a little square on a slope next to Picasso's former studio. Make sure the taxi from the station approaches from the right direction or (like us) you'll find yourself heaving cases down a LOT of steps!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo

About as charming a place as you'll find

We stayed in this two star hotel on our first visit to Paris in 1992. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was clean and well run, with quite a reasonable continental breakfast. The lift is tiny, but that seems the case in most of Paris - at least there is one! Traffic noise, which can be a problem in many Paris hotels, is nearly non-existent.

I didn’t stay here on my recent trip, partly because the cost was a little higher than some other two star hotels; partly because many of the rooms are quite tiny (and some are very odd shapes, one we had was wedge-shaped like a slice of cake, with the door at the narrow end); and partly because the Abesses Métro is served by only one line - I was intent on covering as much of Paris as possible with minimum transfers on the Métro.

Unique Quality: The tranquil, romantic and post-cardish setting of place Emile Gordeau almost gives this hotel an air of unreality. Yes, there are good restaurants and shops just down the way and, although we heard that some parts of Montmartre can be problematical at night, during our stay we never felt even slightly uncomfortable in this vicinity.

If you are a first time Paris visitor, particularly if you place high priority on a romantic Parisian setting (and note the other comments above) , this hotel would be a good start for your experience of Paris.

Directions: To reach the ‘place Emile Gordeau’, start from Métro Abesses heading west (ie with the church on your left), then turn right up rue Ravignan, the first street on your right, and begin the climb up the hill, crossing rue des Trois-Freres.

• Cockleshell's Profile Photo

Super view of Paris from my room

If your looking for a room with a view this hotel is certainly worth considering. It's located in a lovely little square up a short steep slope.
    My room was very clean and comfortable and I would be happy to return.

Unique Quality: The best thing about this hotel is its location.
    I'll always remember sitting outside in the square early every morning. I can still hear the children chatting as they passed through on their way to school. Lovely 'real' part of Montmartre.

Directions: Montmartre
    Abbesses Metre

• davequ's Profile Photo

Location Location Location! ... Montmartre

A good hotel in one of my favorite locations in Paris:
    Bateau Lavoir in Montmartre.

The rooms are small to average in size, and it's recommended you ask for one with a view to avoid claustrophobia, but no one in their right mind spends much time in their room in Paris/Montmartre (newlyweds maybe?)
    - and this hotel is all about it's location

The cost of your room (varies from 85 Eu booked std online to as much as 200 Eu) depends on the view you select. Watch for deals and promotions at the website.

Unique Quality: Excellent views from some rooms (e.g. # 417) of the Sacre Coeur, Montmartre, and Paris panorama.

Located in the peaceful, romantic "park" setting of the Bateau-Lavoir.

The staff was very helpful and will give you a tour of the hotel & rooms if you ask politely.

If location is your thing, and Montmartre is your passion, this is hard to beat.

Directions: Map and directions at the web site listed on this page.

Metro: Abbesses

More about Timhotel Montmartre

Perfect Location - Great Hotel!

I received a phone call on Saturday to say my mother was taken to hospital in Paris. I immediately got onto the internet and booked a flight with easyjet for me and my boyfriend. We also decided to book a hotel through them as it was easy at the time. Unfortunately when we got to the hotel, which was the Timhotel Gare du Nord, there was no reservation for us and the hotel was full so they offered us a room at the Timhotel Montmarte at a reduced rate but we would have to pay for it. They then supplied us with a letter and various contact names in case there was any problem with us getting our money back from easyjet.

The Montmarte hotel is in a great location with lots of cheap cafes, restaurants and bars all open to very late at night all of this was ideal for us coming and going at all times of the day and night (but then who goes to Paris to sit in a hotel room and watch TV!). Its not the biggest of rooms however both the bedroom and bathroom were adequate and there was certainly enough room in the bath/shower and the view of the Eiffel Tower was pretty impressive. We also had to extend our stay (which they kindly gave us at the same rate as the first hotel) and when we went to pay on leaving we found out the original hotel had received payment from easyjet 2 days after we arrived! The staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful.

So never book a hotel through easyjet but if you get the chance to stay at Timhotel Montemarte we certainly recommend it - the location alone is worth the visit.

Charming & Romantic Hotel with View

Timhotel Montmatre is located close to a metro stop, albiet it requires climbing a small hill. This small boutique hotel is situated on a cul-de-sac. We paid a little extra and stayed in a room on one of the higher floors with a view of the famous rooftops and Sacred Coeur (located a short walk from the hotel). We stayed at this hotel the entire time we were in Paris (our first trip). The hotel is small and the restroom and shower were tiny. From what we read and heard Parisian hotels are typically smaller. The staff was also very accommodating and helpful; especially the gentleman who works the front desk overnight.

You can pay a little extra for breakfast (which consisted of great coffee and pastries, juice and cereal). A better option may be to go to the patisserie located across the street or the cafe enroute to the metro station. We mixed it up.

There is a courtyard directly in front of the hotel and in the afternoon musicians played in the courtyward and the music traveled up to our room -- a pleasant surprise.

There is a restaurant located across the street from the hotel, which had excellent food and view. It's mostly frequented by locals. I'm not sure, but it seemed like service may have been included on our check; still our waitress solicited and we gave her an additional tip anyways.

Montmatre is an extremely romantic part of Paris. Even if you do not stay at Timhotel Montmatre, it's worth taking a metro ride to this part of Paris. The cobblestone streets, small shops such as a fromagerie, et al. helps make this neighborhood so quaint -- no wonder artists like Van Gogh were inspired to paint Montmatre and its beautiful rooftops.

Good deal for what you are paying for.

Small on Rooms; Big on price/location

by TripAdvisor Member Queens Village NY traveler

My wife, myself and 2 children (ages 8 & 12) just returned from spending 2 nights at the TimHotel. With a full continental breakfast (including Croissants) and fine location; 5 min to Sacre Cour and artist "village", the Moulin Rough (1/2 show topless-hotel can book reservation for you) and the Abesses metro stop ($ change/internet access across from metro-better rates than hotel) more than made up for 2 small but clean rooms we had to share with 2 kids (other family w/ us had 6 year old in crib because rollaway would not fit in triple room). Good pastry shop and cafe right outside door. If you want to stay in Monmartre and you don't mind hiking up a steep hill every day-this place is fine although multidudes of restauraunts in area make for lots of people noise outside late at night-we were on 1st floor. 30 min walk from Garde du Norde train station if you come in via Eurostar from London like us.

LOCATION SUPERB - don't expect high style

I stayed at the Timhotel last November and was pleasantly surprised.
It is so conveniently located (close to Metro stops, an easy walk to the Sacre Coeur, and right next to the Bateau Lavoire where Picasso lived and painted some of his most famous works)

The hotel itself is modest at best, ...I would categorize this hotel as a "business hotel" basically, where you would go to sleep and bathe. Our room was on the second floor and had a lovely view of Rue Ravignan. Everything in the room was older, not updated but completey tolerable and clean. The bathroom was tiny, and only had a shower, but was just fine.

This is a good "first stop" hotel, if you're staying in Paris for longer than a week, I would definitely recommend breaking your trip up into at least two areas of Paris and perhaps spend a bit more money on a higher end hotel later on in your trip, maybe closer to the river La Siene for variety. From my experience, the people of Montmartre were far more hospitable and friendlier than any other parts of Paris.

Timhotel Montmartre & Le Bateau LavoirTimhotel Montmartre & Le Bateau Lavoir

Good, Reasonably Priced Hotels in Paris

by katescott00

I'm looking for a decent priced hotel in Paris close to Monmartre for a wedding in August. Anyone have any suggestions?

by worldinabag

Hi

Please state your budget (in euro). How long for? How many people? Private or shared facilities?

by Maryimelda

A good middle of the road choice which I can thoroughly recommend is the Ibis on Rue de Clingnancourt(sp). Another would be the Timhotel Montmartre, which is right up near the top just a short walk to the Place du Terte. These are in the 3 star bracket, you may want something a bit more lavish or something a little more budget priced. If so, check out www.venere.com or www.bookings.com. You can believe just about all you hear on these two booking site. I always use one or the other.

by Beausoleil

For a wedding you might enjoy the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles at 75, rue Cardinal Lemoine in the Latin Quarter. It is thoroughly charming and has a beautiful garden that might be used for a wedding. It is also quite reasonable. It's not luxurious but it is Paris quaint and the garden is a dream. Here's the web site: http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

You didn't list your citizenship nor country of residence on your Home Page. If the wedding mentioned is yours, is it safe to assume you have checked all the regulations necessary for a wedding in France? If you have not, you may wish to find out what you need to do to have a wedding in France (if you are not French).

You could also type Paris hotel wedding into the VT Search Window and scroll the next window to Keyword Search to see if anyone else has asked this question and what information is at their posting.

by Paris92

My favorite hotel in Paris is the Chopin (http://www.hotelbretonnerie.com/chopin.htm). It's not smack dab in the middle of Montmartre, but it's close, clean, and super cheap. Plus, it's a little bizarre which I always like. :)

Comments