75, rue Daguerre, Paris, 75014, France
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Paris

The Champs-Élysées, ParisThe Champs-Élysées, Paris

Nave & apse in background (out of focus) -Oct 2009Nave & apse in background (out of focus) -Oct 2009

Emmanuel BellEmmanuel Bell

The fountain in the small garden.The fountain in the small garden.

help me!!

by virgovirgo

Day 19th'Nov friday:
Trocadero--Champs de mars--Eiffel tower--notre dame--Ste chapelle

How to travel from Hotel Claridge champs elysees to Trocadero?
How early should i start in the morning to view its beauties?
I need to finish all the activities in one day, How can i plan for it? and how to travel form one place to another?
Also, tell me how much time should i spend on each place .
What is champs de mars? is it necesaary to go to this place, any worthful thing to see in champs de mars?

by hawkhead

For Champs de Mars, try googling or en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_de_Mars

How much time you spend in each place is entirely up to you. There may be a queue to enter Notre Dame and there will certainly be one to enter Saint Cahpelle as it is within the Justice complex and there are security checks to enter this complex. There is a queue for the people with business within the Justice, and another queue for those going to Sainte Chapelle.

by qrpw

Ok, the Trocadero is an easy 5-10 minute walk from your hotel, down Rue Pierre Charron. Cross the Seine, and you'll be at the Eiffel Tower, and there will be a long queue. Depending on the time you get there, about 30 minutes - an hour imo. The Champs de Mars is just a big park next to the Efifel Tower, not much to see there.

Sainte Chapelle and Notre Dame are on the Ile de la Cite. Take the RER from Tour Eiffel station, next to Eiffel Tower to St. Michel station, then walk five minutes across the bridge to the island. When I went to Sainte Chapelle, there was an hour queue. But, I bought a dual ticket, to the Conciergierie and Sainte Chapelle, and I could skip the Sainte Chapelle queue. The conciergerie (uld prison), has no line at all. Notre Dame is free admission and no queue, but if you want to go up the tower, there will also be a queue for that :)

by pfsmalo

Notre Dame has no queue ?? You must be the first person on here that's ever said that.

by leanneedwards

Paul I was in Paris this summer and the que for Notre Dame went back to the parking garage!! It was crazy... in my last several visits it has been at least from the door out to the area of the marker for the centre of France.. or is it the centre of Paris sorry for not knowing... of course I was there early June to mid July so the high season!!

by pfsmalo

Leeanne, the only time I didn't see a queue was 8.45 one morning as I crossed the square to the "Prefecture" building. On the way back at 10.00 they were already backing up to the marker, that was in April. The marker is neither one though, just the point from which all distances from Paris to..... are taken.

by qrpw

I mean to just go in and look around in Notre Dame- it was a nice spring day when i went, very crowded, but there was no queue to go in. However there was at least 1.5 hours queue for the tower (which I didn't do).

by leanneedwards

Paul now I see what you meant with No line? Read it the other way around... sometimes a voice ap would be really good LOL

Travel Tips for Paris

An Hour From Paris

by rexvaughan

Annabel Sims little book by this title is a wonderful introduction to some of the lesser known (and lesser traveled) places in and around the Ile de France. Her suggestions may be just a start for arriving at some unassuming place that gives the feel of being in a different world from Paris. Now these places are not necessarily insiginifcant. She gives interesting and informative background on over 20 places as well as a lot of practical information about getting there and getting around including times, travel connections and maps. A great resource for a day trip break from Paris. We visited Rambouillet and its presidential retreat where the first G-4 (then) conference was held and where both Napolean and Josephine visited. We visited Provins, a medieval power house trade route. But in both cases we were the only tourists visible.

Place des Vosges

by aquatic

As you see, it is loved by parisians. This picture is taked around 5PM on a weekend day... I liked the contrast of the buildings surrounding the square and the grass...It is almost possible to imagine, how quiet the square during old times. It was designed by Henry IV and completed in 1612.

see Notre Dame.
One of Paris'...

by steventilly

see Notre Dame.

One of Paris' most famous buildings, partly because of 'The Hunchback Of Notre Dame'. I knew of Notre Dame from this long before I knew anything else about it!

It's often closed for 'official purposes' or 'special events' so you may have to be content with just seeing it from outside.

Happy Hour!

by swedishanna

As established Paris can be a bit pricey... Which is why the best way to save some money is to do as the French and make the most of Happy Hour. The French do as after-works is both a popular and common thing among the young if nothing else, and after work, it is happy hour! :) Happy Hour in Paris is not only one hour but is normally about three, depending on where you go.

Cafe Oz by Les Halles have great cocktails for only €5 between 18h-20h, and around Bastille Happy Hour varies from 16h-21h, the most common one being about 19h-21h. And the cocktails are great, and defently worth €5!!

Les Grandes Ecoles

by shrimp56

I will not deign to explain the French educational system. But at its pinnacle reside Les Grandes Ecoles, the prestige universities that all French students strive for, as graduation from one of them ensures your future. The admission pressure is so fierce that students take two years after what we would consider high school to prepare for the exams.
My friend took me to the Ecole Normale Superieure, where philosophy is studied as he knows I teach the subject. I must say the surroundings were very elegant and historic indeed!

Comments