12 - 14 rue du Roule, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Costs 25% more and rated 22% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Tonic Hotel Louvre

Eating in Paris/ Brussels

by ITS

Hi, happy holidays, thank you for your help regarding to transportation from Brussels to Paris. We are going to Brussels on April, 12 and planning to spend 3 days in Brussels/ Bruges and 7 days in Paris. We already planed our "unmissible and cultural program" for our trip. However, I need your help to clarify a couple of issues regarding to meals and entertainment. In Brussels, we are going to stay in Radisson SAS EU Hotel on Rou d'Idalie and in Paris we are going to stay In Tonic Hotel Du Louvre on Rou Du Roule.

1. Please provide me with "a very local" and not very expensive restaurants as well as jazz cafes in the named cities. We are looking for "not very much touristy" places.

2. We are planning to use a public transportation from the train stations and airports to the hotels. Please, advise us about this subject. Should we take a bus shuttle, metro or taxi?

Thank you very much in advance.

by ForestqueenNYC

I missed your previous forum question so am not up to date on how you are getting here. Are you flying in to Paris and if so which airport will you be landing. Will you have very much luggage.

I can't help you with jazz cafes and restaurants. I pretty much stay in my neighborhood which would be too far for you to come to eat.

by ForestqueenNYC

Okay I found your original posting. I assume from that that you are coming to Paris by train. Personally, unless you have only one small bag, I would take a taxi to the hotel. Most of the stations do not have escalators nor elevators, at least I have not see them. So you will have to drag your luggage up many many steps. You have to ask yourself, is it worth your peace of mind to save a few bucks. If there is a bus going to your hotel or the vicinity then you could do that too.

by Roadquill

Under the VT Paris page under transportation there are many informative posts on transportation in Paris and to and from CDG. I never noticed any jass "cafes". There are several jazz caves on r. Huchette and r. Gallande just W of Notre Dam by Blvd. St. Michel. I don't know how much you mean by "not expensive" restaurants in Paris. We like Au Chien Qui Fume (The Smoking Dog) in Les Halles area very reasonable for a classic French dinning experience. Just E of the Louvre is La Fermette du Sud Ouest which has food from the SW of France. The menus are required to be posted out front. The receptionist at the hotel should be able to help.

by GUYON

I suggest :
Chez Cecile
17 rue Vignon 8e arrondissement

Good french traditional cuisine.
Lunch around 25 euros
More expensive for diner.
Each Thursday there is a jazz performance.

Comments