Valadon

Hotel Valadon Colors
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Hôtel near Rue Cler

One street over from the Rue Cler in the 7th, sits the Hôtel Valadon, sister hotel to the Hôtel Latour-Maubourg. I stayed here April 2002 for 3 nights with my best friend, Kristin. We opted for fewer amenities on this trip but didn't sacrifice cleanliness or location.

It ran 85€ per night for a single (about $78 USD) so it was certainly within a small budget. For a room with double beds the rate was 95 euros/night. Breakfast is included; your basic oj, coffee, hot milk, baguette, croissant, butter & jams. Breakfast was okay and the juice wasn't fresh-squeezed which I’d gotten spoiled on my first trip to Paris at another hotel.

I thought the rooms were a little smallish but it did have cable TV. We got a laugh over the sink bowl that's not EMBEDDED into the countertop but rests on TOP of it! We thought the 2 young ladies at the front desk were very professional, not the least bit rude, but not as friendly as I’d liked; I was hoping to come in direct contact with the owners, Maria & Victor Orsenne, who are well-known for their graciousness & have a fine reputation for hospitality & who I'd been e-mailing with for several months, but alas that didn't occur. Unfortunately, although they own this hotel, they spend their time at the Latour-Maubourg.

The decor is "moderne" which was kinda cool but the carpet was black, which was a little disconcerting, as I like to put baby powder on my feet due to walking all day long and I was worried about getting powder on the carpet. That detracted from the relaxation I was hoping to experience.

Unique Quality: The nice thing about the Valadon, besides the cleanliness & the price, is that it's around the corner from rue Cler. It's a nice neighborhood, not far from bustling places, but not too close to noise. You have a choice of feather duvet or comforter.

Click here to see a photo of the hotel.

Photo Credit: Graciously on loan from the inimitable shrimp56

Directions: One street west of the bustling rue Cler within 5 mins walk to the Champ de Mars & 7-10 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower.

• Stuffo's Profile Photo

Best best 2 star I ever stayed at!!!!

This great little hotel right in the centre of paris (5 minues from the eiffel tower), is a true blessing. Victr the owner, was amazingly helful. The room are clean, nicely decorated and the breakfast is just amazing!!!!

Unique Quality: Location, great staff, nice rooms, price...

Directions: The hotel is located in the 7th arrondisement, abut 5 minutes walking distance from the Effel tower.

More about Valadon

Enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Valadon

by TripAdvisor Member crock

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Valadon for a week the end of April this year. Marie and Victor (along with the very adorable Othelo) were gracious hosts and we felt like we were staying in someones home rather then a hotel. Our room was on the top floor overlooking Rue Valadon with a glimpse of the Dome of Le Invalides. The room was very quiet with no street noise (we slept with the windows closed) but might be a little noisy during the warmer months, particularly with the daily trash pick up around 10:00pm (even on Sundays). Breakfast was always waiting in the morning with Juice, Coffee and two Croissants. No English lanquage TV was available during our stay and our MCI phone card toll free number would not connect using the hotel's phone (worked elsewhere in Europe with no problem). The shower was very small and nearly impossible to avoid flooding the bathroom because of the very small glass partition. After a few days we did eventually manage to keep things fairly dry. As has been stated many times, the Valadon is ideally located a few minutes from the Champs de Mars and Eiffel Tower and steps away from Rue Cler. Also close to bus stops and the Metro. We love Paris and will definitely choose the Valadon for our next trip to this wonderful city.

Delicious Traiteur Food at Delizius

by BeatChick about Delizius

My second trip during early April 2002, I bought excellent Italian takeaway food from the Italian traiteur Delizius: meatballs, marinated artichokes, and cheese polenta. It's situated on the now-famous/infamous rue Cler market street (thanks to Rick Steves and in part to American-food-critic-living-in-France, Patricia Wells) and was just around the corner from our hotel in the 7th arrondissement (vicinity of the Eiffel Tower). Here's a great walking itinerary of this area from Thirza Vallois.

If you're looking for some gourmet nosh for your picnic at the Champ de Mars then this is the perfect place to pick it up. Also, along the street you can find some great food/veggie markets and there's a Nicolas wine shop just a little bit further down.

There is now 4 more branches in Paris: one at 134, rue Mouffetard in the Quartier Latin; 40, rue Annonciation in the tony 16th; and 2 in the upscale 17th at 30, rue Moines and 36, rue Lévis! Cheese polenta although everything was parfait!

Photo: November 2007

Street Food – Fruit Market on rue Cler

by BeatChick about Les Halles Bosquet

It was here in April 2002 that I shopped for some fruit early one morning with the idea of having a picnic on the nearby Champ de Mars. They had grapes that were every bit as big as plums - big, juicy, purple with chewy skins, big fat luscious strawberries & oranges. If my recollections serve me correctly, I bought them at Les Halles Bosquet on the corner of rue Cler (a local market street) and rue Bosquet, just a few steps up from Delizius, an Italian traiteur. It was very convenient to our hotel, practically 2 corners away, about a 2 minute walk.

Eating from a street market is, of course, fast, economical and a great introduction to the local food culture. It's a great place to stop off for a snack to stave off those hunger pangs until you can make your 9 pm bistro reservation and will provide ready fuel for all that walking around that you're bound to do in Paris.

What amazed me was the excellent quality of the fruit in early April! Not easily found in my neck of the woods in the US. I understand, though, from reading Lonely Planet's World Food France guide that it is due to the continual blowing of the warm Gulf breeze over the western part of France, where much produce is grown, that creates year-round fantastic fruit & veggies.

Photo Credit: http://travel.roughguides.com The grapes as big as plums & those beautiful luscious strawberries!

Photo Credit: Graciously & generously loaned by Sally Fowler (VT's shrimp56)

All You Need for a Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member OK-in-MUC

Since I need to come to Paris on business every few months, I have been looking for a hotel that offers the right value at an affordable price. And with Hotel Valadon I have found it.
The things written in the reviews before are mostly on the spot - and as many pointed out, Hotel Valadon may not offer the bells and whistles others use to lure guests. The draw of this hotel is something much less tangible, but even more important - true hospitality.
Hotel Valadon is a safe, clean and welcoming starting point for any activitiy when coming to Paris.
Yes, the bathroom is small, there is no air condition against summer heat, breakfast offers just the traditional French basics -but the truly important elements are all there: a comfortable bed, a hot shower, a well-sized room and great hosts to welcome you.
Hotel Valadon can easily become your wonderful, cozy haven in a the city of lights.

Perfect for Paris

by TripAdvisor Member IP_Travelers

Wow - Victor is sooo nice. He and Maria really run a nice hotel. The location, 1 block to Rue Cler, easy walk to the tower, post office, laundry, metro -- this IS Paris.

3 years ago I said I would never return to Paris or France because of the attitude/expeience. I can honestly say that thanks to Hotel Valadon, Victor and Maria that even my friends in England will want to visit Paris.

A 5 star review for a great 3 star hotel.

Great find in a great neighborhood!

by TripAdvisor Member HotItalianSausage

The Hotel Valadon is a great little hotel with 4-star services at 2-star prices! It's tucked away in a swank little neighborhood between the Eiffel Tower and Hotel Invalides. The sights you can't walk to are easily accessible via a nearby Metro station. Maria and Victor (the innkeepers) are extremely friendly and are full of local knowledge and great ideas. They were very accommodating and friendly. And their dog, Othello, is a character!

The rooms are about average to slightly larger than a standard European room and the bed was *very* comfortable! One minor complaint (and this is minor being September) is that the hotel does not have A/C, and it tends to get warm under those big, fluffy down comforters at night : ) The hotel has a computer in the breakfast room for easy internet access at very reasonable rates. Speaking of breakfast, it's standard European fare, but the fresh coffee and jam were outstanding! Even better - it's served until 11:00 am!

The hotel is one block removed from Rue Cler, a very charming pedestrian road full of restaurants, cafes, florists and shops. The neighborhood is very safe and clean. We would definitly stay again at the Hotel Valadon!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Ozitravel

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Valadon with our adult daughter for 3 nights in June 2006. We were delighted with the location which gave us an experience of Paris suburbia rather than being in the middle of a touristy area. As mentioned by other reviewers, we were made very welcome by Victor and Maria and our room was a comfortable size for the three of us. Although the room had been recently refurbished, we did find it difficult to shower without getting the bathroom floor wet all over, and we were disappointed that the internet was not available during our stay but those were minor issues compared to the great location.

Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member Ana María

Hotel Valadon is a little nice hotel near Eiffel Tower and a 25 minute walk to Champs Elysees. The metro station is a few blocks away. The rooms were modern and very clean, the bed was super comfortable. There is a market in the next street were you can buy food and "picnic in the breakfast room" as Victor, the owner said. There is a fridge there and you can leave there your things with your name.
Victor and Maria helped us with everything. Victor even gave ties to our husbands when they needed to go to the Lido! They really were so nice and I missed Victor's homemade jelly!!
I booked it through the hotel website and they help us even before we got to Paris sending us instructions about how to get there from the airport. I really recommend this hotel to everybody!

Lovely Bed & Breakfasts

by clarabunns

Does anyone know of some lovely Bed & Breakfasts or hotels in paris, that aren't too expensive and not too trendy. Its my anniversary and I want to go somewhere romantic.

by EllenMM46

I can't vouch for romantic, but we stayed at two reasonably priced hotels in the 5th arr. in the past two years. The more charming was the Hotel des Grandes-Ecoles on rue des Grandes-Ecoles, near the Parthenon. The rooms were small, by American standards, very clean and charming. It's a quiet hotel, off the street with a sweet little courtyard where you can enjoy a glass of wine. The other hotel, from which we just returned was the Hotel Residence Monge on rue Monge. It doensn't have quite as much charm, but is very nice, clean and the managers are friendly and helpful. OUr room overlooked the Arenes de Lutece and was very quiet and comfortable.
Hope this helps a bit.

by TripDude

The Hotel Saint-Jacques is in the Latin Quarter and is very nice.

by Floretta

Hotel Valadon the best!!!!

by nygaston

Did you try "Paris Pour Vous" ?

by bhodgson

I think it depends on what you have in mind. I personally like the Bed and Breakfast in Europe because it is more intimate. We will be in Paris in June and have chosen to stay with Cecillia who is absolutely delightful. My niece has stayed with her twice and highly recommended her I have written her directly several times and she seems great and her place looks romantic. She offers breakfast but then said that there is a wonderful little patisserie around the corner and I could just see my husband going off to the Patisserie each morning for a treat. I have included her site and another where I found information and reviews from others which may help you Good luck and congrats

I booked with her directly. If you are interested I will be back from her place after June 20 and I can give you a personal review then .Let me know!

by ileana7575

Try ilenseine@aol.com
A bed and breakfast with a direct view on the Seine.

Comments