6 rue Blaise Desgoffe, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• parismumsie's Profile Photo

The Perfect Paris Hotel

We stayed at the Victoria Palace last March. My daughter had stayed there in the past and loved it. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was lovely and they provided a small bed for my granddaughter that even had a covered headboard! Each evening the staff turned down our beds and left chocolat , and a note with the weather forecast for us. For Eva, they put her coloring book and eye mask she had saved from the flight over and chocolat of course.

Breakfast was delicious and we ejoyed a glass or two of wine each evening in the lounge.
    The staff was very efficient and cordial. Most everyone spoke English.

Unique Quality: Beautifully appointed rooms with fabric wallcoverings and marble bath. There is no restraurant but a breakfast buffet is available each morning and is delicious. What's not to like about chocolat croissants???

Directions: St. Germaine de Pres

• tattud_gurl's Profile Photo

Montparnasse at it's best.

This hotel is the epitome of class and luxury.
    The hotel is on a side road, down from Montparnasse tower...down the street from FYE record store. There's a small grocery store around the corner, to grab some snacks.
    Tiny elevator, or you can take the winding staircase to your room. The walls in the room were covered in french fabric, and padded. A GREAT soundproofer.
    The bathroom was large and all marble..from the floor to the ceiling. The commode was in a seperate room...great idea.
    The breakfast buffet had plenty of choices including scrambled eggs and bacon. Of course the bread and cheese was above par.
    Loved this hotel and it's right near the Metro, so you can go anywhere in the city.

Unique Quality: Fabric-covered walls, quaint little lounge.

Directions: Montparnasse tower, 6th arrondissement.

More about Victoria Palace Hotel

Wonderful Italian

by tattud_gurl about Villa De Medici

Of all the food we ate in Paris, whodathunk I would like the italian place we found? The menu was prix fix and had MANY choices. Most prix fix menus only offer a couple choices...not this place! My hubby had the Osso Bucco which was out of this world, and I had the Tutto Nudo, aka, angel hair with garlic and olive oil. Deserts were sweet and tasty. It was a short walk back to the hotel, and we needed to work off all that we ate.
The Concierge at the Victoria Palace hotel recommended this place and I'm glad he did. Osso Bucco. Tender and tasty.

Great Hotel-- Great location, Excellent Service

I just came back from my trip to Paris and stayed at the Victoria Palace Hotel. The reason I decided to stay there was based on reviews I had read on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. Great Hotel
The concierge(s) was very efficient, I made arrangements for a show, a tour and dinner reservations via e-mail with the concierge. And it was all taken care of. They are most accommidating. Well the hotel was very very nice, the rooms are a decent size. Nice tolietries supplied in bathroom. The hotel was also able to supply me with an electrical adaptor. The VPH is near 2 Metro systems about 5 minute walk from the hotel.
The only thing I felt was not worth the money was the Breakfast. It was a buffet style breakfast with bread, cheese juice and eggs and sausage. The scambled eggs looked like egg soup.
If you explore ---there is a bakery and stores near by that a person can pick up bread and juice.
Don't hesitate to ask the concierge for good dinner restaurants near by. We ate at a fabulous restaurant about 10 minutes from the hotel twice. On our walk to the restaurant ..to our surprise there was a nice view of the Eiffle Tower all lit up. Note: Rooms with double beds are bigger, than rooms with a queen bed.

by TripAdvisor Member Louloubella

As a little birthday treat, I arranged for my husband and I to stay at the Victoria Palace Hotel in mid October ‘04.

We regularly stay at intimate country houses and small smart city hotels which offer something a little bit more special than the larger hotels.

I love period features and Victoria Palace had many. It was however, a little over done for my liking. Waking up to masses of colourful flowers on the wallpaper, curtains and bed linen each morning was a little bit more than I can handle.

The staff were friendly. In particular, Jan, the bar tender would come and chat with us of an evening as we had an aperitif before dinner. However the bar closes early, so if you are taking a late night show, do not expect a night cap at the hotel later on.

In addition, we thought it rather odd that there was no iron / trouser presser in the room. This was an inconvenience. They did however send someone up to iron the shirt but I thought this both time consuming and annoying.

We stayed in a junior suite which looked onto the main street (which is a small street off a larger thoroughfare). I was a little disappointed with the location; the street was nothing special, especially in comparison with most of Paris, which is an architectural delight. In fact, on arrival, I felt as if we were driving up towards a run down B&B. Perhaps this is a little harsh but we had paid a lot to stay here and I found first visual impressions disappointing.

I found the hotel over priced but of course it is hard to compare, especially as we have nothing to compare it with in this very expensive city.

The room and bathroom was spotless, the bed very comfortable (I slept like an angel). The hotel was very quiet at all times, even at reception, I really felt as if we were staying in the hotel on our own!

We had only two nights and one full day to spend in this beautiful city. If I was to go again, especially for this short a time, I would stay somewhere closer to the action. It took us approx. one hour to walk to the Champs Élysées. However this was a wonderful walk, with fabulous antique stores and yummy gift and furniture shops along the way. With sore feet, we did get the Metro back later.

Overall, compared to other cities I have visited, I found this hotel to be average. If you are looking for a quiet retreat, away from the action, with little disturbance from the staff / other guests, then perhaps this is your hotel!

A Romantic Parisian Hotel

My husband and I stayed in the Victoria Palace on our honeymoon and it was fabulous. The hotel was elegant, yet unpretentious and the staff was attentive and courteous. The junior suites we stayed in were large, with two balconies, and were beautifully appointed in a classic French style. The hotel was convenient to the metros and easily accessible by public transportation. The only problems we had were the few times we took a taxi late at night and the drivers had difficulty locating it, even when handed the hotel map with a bullseye drawn at the exact location of the hotel! We spent a long time researching our trip, looking for something special and romantc for our honeymoon and we were not disappointed! We're looking forward to returning to Paris and would definitely love to stay at the Victoria Palace again.

A Spectacular Choice

My wife and I just returned from 4 days in Paris, and cannot say enough wonderful things about the Victoria Palace. The staff was extraordinay, their dining recommendations wonderful. We particularly enjoyed Quinze, a new bistro located within a 15 minute walk. As others have mentioned, the hotel is within easy walking distance of 3 Metro stations. The room, while smaller than the similar room we have had at the Intercontinental, was more than adequate, very comfrotable. Overall, a wonderful treat. Highly recommended.

Perfect small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ggerson

My wife and I spent a week at the Victoria Palace in September and found that it exceeded our expectations. We wanted a first floor room so we wouldn't have to use the elevator (my wife is claustrophobic). We also wanted a very quiet room, a large room, and a large bed. We got it all in a standard room. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We relied on them for our nightly restaurant choices and were never disappointed. We walked all over Paris and found the location to be very good. It was a 20 minute walk to the Louvre. The area is full of sidewalk restaurants so you can walk to dinner and have a wide selection. Would not hesitate to stay there in the future.

A wonderfully romantic hotel

My wife and I just returned this weekend from four days in Paris staying at the Victoria Palace, and we couldn't have had a nicer stay. This charming boutique hotel is only a block from the metro and easy walking distance to both Montparnass and St. Germaine, yet our room (which admittedly was on the 7th and top floor) was *extremely* quiet (we live in a rural area in the states, yet it was as quiet or quieter than our home). The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a lovely conversation with the bar man who served us a quiet supper one evening when we were too tired to go out, and overall, people when out of their way to be charming and friendly to us. And the croissants at breakfast (which was included in our room charge) are some of the best around. We would return in a hearbeat; it is the nicest place we have ever stayed in Paris. It deserves the ratings it receives on this site.

Tres Magnifique

Very distinguished well appointed hotel in nice central neighborhood. Staff was wonderful and breakfast which was included was a great start to day. Room was immaculate and we had a great double balcony with good light (Room #607) and great air conditioning which was much appreciated after our long days of sight-seeing. If I had to come up with anything it would be that the neighborhood isn't as lively as we would have liked but it was a fine area and we felt safe etc. Au revoir.

by u572108

Has anyone stayed at the Victoria Palace Hotel in Paris? I am curious how it was. I will be staying there from March 16-20, 2004. Thanks everybody.

Comments