121 Boulevard du Montparnasse, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 22% less but rated 22% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Villa Luxembourg

Flower stores in ParisFlower stores in Paris

Don't get angry - get arty!Don't get angry - get arty!

Stained glassStained glass

Marie Antoinette soutenue par la ReligionMarie Antoinette soutenue par la Religion

Is this hotel in a fun, accessible, walling area?

by aces101

I found this hotel through expedia at $137.00 per night. They say it is a 4 star hotel. Is this a good area to stay in Paris? The description on line says convenient proximity to cafes, theatre. We want to be able to walk. thanks for any thoughts.

Hotel Villa Luxembourg
121 Boulevard Du Montparnasse
Paris 75006
France

Latin Quarter

This charming hotel is located in a residential area halfway between Montparnasse and the Senate, in the heart of one of the most famous districts of Paris.
Enjoy convenient proximity to concert halls, shopping areas, and trendy restaurants.
The hotel offers bright and tastefully furnished apartments with thorough soundproofing to ensure rest and comfort.

hotel in paris

by fabrice

a very good area indeed,one of the best;137 euros is not so expensive if it is a **** star hotel

Re: Hotel Villa Luxembourg

by GUYON

It's a 4 stars hotel which has promotion prices when it gives you 137 Euros (regular price :160)

The area is certainly pleasant but avoid the surroundings of Gare Montparnasse at night.

It is close to the back side of the Jardin du Luxembourg (10 mn by foot). The metro is Vavin on line 4 (be aware of pickpockets).

But to say it is in the Quartier Latin is a lie you must walk 20 mn to reach the Quartier Latin.

For 137 Euros you can find a 3 stars hotel in the core of Quartier Latin.

Have a pleasant stay

RAY

Re: Re: Hotel Villa Luxembourg

by aces101

I took your advice and reserved the Grand Hotel des Balcons. But they are booked for a friday and saturday night. The hotel says they can find me a room for the 2 nights or they may get a cancellation. Do you have any other hotels to reccomend. I have tried the Verneuil, and the Daube and the Dauphine and they are booked. We are going next week. I did not book the above hotel Luxembourg because it seems that it is not really in walking distance to cafes and other sites. Thanks again Alice

Re: Re: Hotel Villa Luxembourg

by Madx

Bonjour,

This hotel is a modern hotel, not a lot of charm.
You can find charming hotel, near this one, like Hotel Novanox

You can find more hotels at:

or

Best regards

Points of Interest for Young Teens

by merlinct7

We're visiting Paris April 20-26, with our daughter and her best friend, who have both just turned 15. We'll do the usual tourist "musts" (Eiffel, Louvre, Notre Dame, etc.), but any suggestions specific to interesting/amusing the teens?

We need family accomodations: Any opinions on Villa Luxembourg, Villa Alessandra or Villa Eugenie? The last two seem a little remote (17th) & I'm leaning toward the first, which is in Montparnasse.

Thanks

by amyhenderson

You can't go wrong with Montparnasse. 17th arrondisement is also not bad, but I would rather recommend Montparnasse... :-)

by karimpls

Bastille area is very young, hip shopping area. They might enjoy it.
For accomodations, I would recommend staying near the river Seine, or anywhere along line 1. Stay away from 10, and lots of montmatre. Particularly around Moulin Rouge. Tough "adult" area.

Re: Re: Points of Interest for Young Teens

by Bridmw

I stayed at the Villa Luxembourg last summer and liked it alot. Its very handy to the Metro - about 50 yards and the Avenue Montparnasse is full of great cafes and people watching. The jardin de luxembourg is not far and is lovely for walks.

by JLBG

Visit these two sites :

Re: Re: Points of Interest for Young Teens

by merlinct7

Thanks to you and to all who've replied! We appreciate the info and are looking forward to this, our first visit to Paris.

Travel Tips for Paris

Spend the evening sitting...

by madrilena1

Spend the evening sitting outdoors in a sidewalk cafe, sipping wine and people watching My fondest memory is when I first arrived. That afternoon, my friend and I were ravenous (having slept through the airline meals which was no great loss). We sat outdoors in a sidewalk cafe and ate the best salade nicoise and sipped on wine. I was thrilled that pariesiens could understand my poor french and found everyone to be much friendlier than I was led to believe

Best time to visit

by Dabs

We have been to Paris twice between Christmas and New Year's, twice in September and once in August and I much prefer the warmer less crowded month of September.

September is perfect for me, the gardens are still lush, the crowds are smaller, the Parisians are back from their summer holidays. It is still warm enough to stroll the gardens, eat at a sidewalk cafe and comfortably take a boat ride on the Seine.

August was an OK month to travel to Paris, the only drawback to this time period is that a lot of shops and restaurants are closed when their owners go off on vacation but the crowds are smaller and the hotels are cheaper. But it can be quite hot.

December is cold, the 1st trip it was freezing, the 2nd time we got hit with a huge pile of snow that caused a bit of a mess getting home.

Where to eat

by venice2009

Thanks for the great tips. For breakfast we are simply looking to have a tea or hot chocolate and maybe a baked good. For lunch, that tuna sandwich sounds great. For dinner, we are looking for local eateries that are charming, reasonable (locals would eat there), romantic mood or atmosphere. Also, where is the best place when visiting the Eiffel Tower to buy a baguette and some cheese to sit on the lawns below and have lunch?

Where to find a mime in Paris?

by matcrazy1

You can meet Parisian mime in artstic center of Paris - district of Montmartre.
I've met this one on the picture just downstairs Montmartre Hill walking down Basilica Sacre Coeur. Say hello to him from me whenever you meet him.

The oldest tree in Paris

by Jenniflower

We happened upon this little garden, directly opposite Notre Dame, on the other side of the River Seine. In it you will find the oldest tree in Paris! :)

Born in 1602, it receives alot of attention from tourists. Tour groups were stopping and being told about it. We preferred to shadow them to hear all the interesting info.

It has cement pillars holding it up as it is undoubtedly so frail and is a national heritage now.

A special thank you to BeatChick for telling me the name of this park! :)

Comments