2 Rue Boulard, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75014, France

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Not a four star hotel

This is not a four star hotel. 2-3 stars would be more appropriate. The rooms are not very clean, especially the walls. If you are on the first floor on the street side it is quiet noisy. It is common to arrive at the reception and find nobody there! Plus there are numerous other problems with the elevator, the safe the bath etc that I dont have the time to explain in detail. The room is also very small and I had to sleep with one of my suitcases! I would pay 60 euros for this hotel but no more than that.

Unique Quality: The location is very good

More about Villa Montparnasse

Lovely stay at character-filled hotel

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Montparnasse during a romantic three-day break in Paris and enjoyed our stay very much. Although the room was a little small, it was very clean and beautifully furnished.

The hotel is well located, only a 5 minute walk from Denfert Rochereau station, but in quite a quiet area. Another bonus was the market-like street around the corner and a great French restaurant next door on the corner of the street, which he had a fantastic meal at.

The staff at Villa Montparnasse were very friendly and helpful, giving us directions and tips and booking us onto a fantastic and very romantic dinner cruise on the River Seine, which I'd highly recommend. Having stayed at a more central hotel near Notre-Dame in my last stay in Paris and been very disappointed, I'd recommend the Villa Montparnasse as a great place to stay and I'd certainly go back.

Lovely.....but not a 4* hotel!

We have just returned from an enjoyable stay at Villa Montparnasse, however, I wouldn't class it as a 4*hotel. This is not a problem because it is a great little 3*+(our own personal opinion of the rating) Bed and Breakfast, with a nice continental breakfast, which can be served in your room for no extra cost. It is also in a fantastic location right next to the Montparnasse cementry and very close to the local market and shops, also with a metro just 2 minutes away making it extremely convenient. However, "hotel" conjures up images of a larger property. The rooms are comfortable, but small. Additionally, although there is a bar on site, it is extremely small and was expensive - we never saw anybody using it in our 3 night stay. Perhaps we are being overly picky as it was a nice place, we just felt that a lot of the travel websites were advertising it as a 4* hotel and in our experience this rating normally associated with properties with more facilities.

Great Experience!

Just back from a 5-day trip to Paris. It was my 1st visit to Paris & we wanted to stay in a fairly central location but not too expensive. We selected Villa Montparnasse after reading TripAdvisor reviews. The location is superb - just down the road from Denfert-Rochereau train station (RERB, & 2 metro lines). We were able to go everywhere we wanted in the city with no problems using a Paris Visite card which one reviewer mentioned.
The staff in the hotel were lovely - always pleasant and helpful. We got a package which included flight, accommodation and breakfasts which was great. We were told on arrival that we could have breakfast in our room at no extra charge if we preferred. As other reviewers have commented, the breakfast spread was excellent - cereals, cheese, meats & boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurts, scrambled eggs with bacon & sausages, lots of different types of bread with tea/coffee served at the table. The staff made every effort to speak English as they appeared to realise early on that our French was not the most fluent! Our room was cleaned every day with fresh sheets & towels. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel & the location is super.

Small but Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member 8383WB

We just returned from a week in Paris staying at Villa Montparnasse. The location can't be beat: a 5 min. walk to the Denfert-Rochereau metro which is a hub for several of the metro routes and is also the train station to CDG airport. And it was a pleasure each day to exit the metro and walk to the hotel down picturesque Rue Daguerre (of which a short cobblestoned section near the metro and hotel is mostly closed to traffic and full of outdoor markets, bakeries, cafes (loved Cafe D'Enfer!)and a Monoprix (small supermarket great for snacks, inexpensive bottles of wine, OJ, etc.) As others have mentioned, the hotel staff all spoke English and were very gracious and helpful. The hotel and our standard room, with a king bed, were meticulously clean and nicely decorated. But we also agree with others who have noted that the room was "typically" small (about 10 ft. by 10 ft., tho. with high ceilings) and there was no place, except a narrow closet to only hang clothes. Having been forewarned, I brought extra hangers from home and was glad I did. There's also a very small cabinet under the sink in the bathroom that could hold a few things. However, there was plenty of hot water, a huge tub/shower, a heated towel rack, oversized fluffy bath towels, and the usual assortment of shampoo, bath gel, lotion, etc. We didn't pay for the breakfast, but there were many "boulangeries" in the immediate area. All in all, a charming, quiet and safe location that combined convenience with an "off the beaten path/not so rushed" feel. Would definitely go back!

Outstanding

I would highly recommend this hotel!
The area is splendid ! Lots of nice French restaurants and real Parisian atmosphere. Great shopping area, with plenty of different shops.
The reception team was so nice and friendly that each time we passed we had a chat with them. They recommended restaurants nearby which were very good with excellent service and gave us plenty of nice sightseeing tips.
Our room and bathroom was nicely decorated and very comfortable. We had a nice view on Paris and please note that the airconditionning was working perfectly! Enjoy your stay!

Brilliant Hotel!

Excellent Location! Just a 2 minute walk to the metro station (Denfert Rochereau) which also has great links to Charles de Gaulle airport (direct line north bound) and Orly Airport. Additionally, you will find charming cafes, shops and patisseries just behind the hotel. The staff were most welcoming and helpful. Great guides and service with a smile all the time. This was the best part of our stay in Paris, since with their assistance and advice, we managed to see most of Paris in just 3 days! The hotel is exceptionally clean and has all the necessities. Rooms are not large (nor small), but this is the norm in Paris. They are adequate and very thoughtfully decorated though, and you will find you have everything you need. Will definitely stay here again!

Not the cheapest, but a sure bet

by TripAdvisor Member Brett530i

This was the 3rd hotel I stayed at on my week-long trip to France. By far it was the most luxurious and romantic. It was also the most expensive at $212 per night. The location is great since there is an RER station very close which made getting to Versailles and the CDG airport quite easy. The Metro station Denfert-Rochereau is also pretty close (3-5 min walk).

The staff was friendly and very helpful and the rooms were very clean and nicely finished with wood trim abounding and neat modern bathroom fixtures with a real shower enclosure. The hotel is docorated nicely throughout. This hotel is a safe bet for just about anyone if you can find a rate the meets your budget. You won't reget staying here.

Ideal for a short break.

by TripAdvisor Member drummond18

Friendly, stylish, handy and cheap!

What are you waiting for?

A 4 star bargain in a quiet part of Paris. Just 5 minutes (allowing for short legs and large suitcases!) walk from the RER train direct from CDG airport.

The staff are lovely and most helpful. Our room was tastefully decorated, quiet, had a big comfortable bed and the bathroom was a delight.Breakfast was included and is the whole eggs through to organic muesli affair ( Try to get there well before last orders as it can turn a tad fraught!)

The area feels very safe and there are lots of shops and restaurants nearby.
Ten minutes on the Metro and you are strolling around the Latin Quarter.

Having found it, we'll be back.

Great location, nice people, ok rooms

The only reason I am not marking this as excellent is the rooms. They are a little small for the nightly rate I think. The decor is a little odd too- I don't understand why you would go with a Safari feel in Paris? Some of it is cute, but otherwise it would be nice if it were more... classic? As for the size of the rooms, for the price, you may find a better deal somewhere else. But if you get a good deal stay by all means. The staff was so nice and wonderful. Polite, charming and helpful. The people get an A+ in my book. The location can not be beat! Just blocks from the Denfort R. train station with metro and RER B access you can get everywhere from right there. No crowds in the real neighborhood area. You feel the real Paris out your door, not tourists. There is a street running behind the hotel that had everything you need, bakeries, markets, little shops, restaraunts, quant alleys and even some nightclubs. It is a great location across from the cemetary as well. Just a bit small.

Is this a good location in Paris?Accessible?

by aces101

I booked a room at the Villa Montparnasse at 2 Rue Blvd. A friend has told me that this is not a good location for being able to walk out the door and go to cafes, sight seeing and clubs. Before I change hotels I want to know from someone who lives in Paris if the above is true. The hotel is located near cemetary. Thanks Alice

Re: Is this a good location in Paris?Accessible?

by GUYON

Alice

The hotel is located 2 rue Boulard (a famous unknown man).

The location is rather safe but unpleasant. The frontage of the building is a dark brick wall. There are few stores by the street. The nearest landmark is the Place Denfert Rochereau with its Lion Statue. The place is an important crossroad of Paris for traffic.
On the place, there is the entrance of the catacombes. And as you notice, the Montparnasse cemetary is nearby : funny neighborhood, isn't it ?
On my advice you can find a best location, more central and with more to see.

Have a good stay.

RAY

Hello

by Jeannette1

Always listen to Guyon when it comes to Paris :)
I agree with him. You can find a better location. I recommend the Grand Hotel des Balcons near the Pantheon. It's a 2 star hotel but very, very nice. Check their site www.balcons.com
J.

Re: Is this a good location in Paris?Accessible?

by Madx

Bonjour,

The situation of the hotel is not very pleasant. Nothing to see around, execpt the catacombes.
For the price, it's better to choose a 3 stars hotels in the Latin Quarter.
If you want a 4 stars I can advise :
Hotel Littré (very very nice hotel, just renovated) near St-Germain, 10mn by walk from Luxemboug.

For more details: