6 rue du Bouquet de Longchamp, Paris, 75016, France

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Villa des Ambassadeurs

inside Notre Dame de Parisinside Notre Dame de Paris

Louvre interiorsLouvre interiors

Hôtel Mezzara (detail)Hôtel Mezzara (detail)

have you seen our heads?!have you seen our heads?!

rooms

by terrykeal

I have been watching, with interest, references to rooms in hotels in Paris. My wife and I will be traveling to Paris in April. We are staying in the 16e at the hotel Villa Des Ambassadeurs on Rue des Bouquet. Anyone stay there before?

The rooms on their web page look normal bedroom size, our curent one at home is 10'x10'. What does "small"ean in Paris.

by sirgaw

Something I REALLY hate about hotel web sites is the way they use a wide angle lens to give the impression their rooms are huge - and swimming pools too. I had a quick look at the hotel web site and yes I'll bet the rooms are small. Price came up as 159 Euro/night for 2 and that is expensive.

If you're going to be in Paris for more than a few days, please consider an appartment. Do a bit of googling for appartment rental for lots of choices.

by terrykeal

Thanks for the advice. Fortunately or unfortunately the room has already been booked. Yes I am aware of the "photo" techniques used, most hotels do the same. Actually I was interested in the demension of a 'small" normal Paris hotel room as a comparison to our home one.

by sirgaw

>Actually I was interested in the demension of a 'small" normal Paris
>hotel room as a comparison to our home one.

Some places show the size in square metres and thats a handy guide. I measured our kitchen/family room for when we were looking at appartments and then said, "Well its about 2/3rds of kit/fam room."

A point to remember is that you are staying in a hotel room for probably at least 12 hours a day as its your lounge room, TV room, dining room, dressing room, bathroom, storage room and bedroom all rolled into one small space. At home you have your 10' x 10' bedroom for only a couple of the above and use the rest of your area for the other stuff. Very hard to get from the net the diminsions of a hotel room, but you can always ask the hotel direct.

Our tempers became a bit frayed staying in our small hotel room in Paris and we constantly got in each others way. Luckily I'm a smoker - LOL - and could dissapear outside and get some space and leave HER to womens secret business.

rooms

by kiwi

Some rooms in Paris, there is no room even to put your suitcase down. Don't expect expanse unless you wish to pay big dollars. These establishments have been around for a long time, like this. Not much changes I guess.

Travel Tips for Paris

You absolutely must visit the...

by smartiesam

You absolutely must visit the Musee D'Orsay, Paris' impressionist Museum on the left bank.
It's quite overwhelming. Buying a baguette early in the morning form a typical baker and taking back for breakfast.

Montmartre topped by the large...

by MVMT

Montmartre topped by the large and white Sacré-Coeur Catholic basilica, s the highest hill of Paris. Very rural until recently, it still keeps a few windmills such as the illustrious 'Moulin de la Galette'.
Montmartre is the last village in the big city of Paris. It still keeps a very subtle and unique atmosphere.The many painters of Place du Tertre are always ready to sketch out your face. They remind us of the many pennyless artists who lived there a Bohemian life in the early 20th century (Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso among others).
Walking at random across the hill, you will discover gardens, old houses, steep streets and staircases with magnificent views on Paris. Pay attention. Montmartre can be very crowded during the weekends. Go there in the morning and on weekdays.

Paris mon amour

by hemsay

Many people view Parisians as unfriendly and arrogant.
We just came back from a 7 days visit to Paris and to our surprise we had many positive experiences.
When we were obviously looking for the right direction, people went out of their way to help us
On the metro, young people left their seat so that my wife or myself should not stand up.
Frequently we were greeted (example in the elevator) with bonjour, bonne journée ....

For us, Paris had a friendly face

I don't know where else to put...

by shrimp56

I don't know where else to put the French [Parisan?] fascination with 'les aspirateurs' -- or vacuum cleaners. This was one of the [several] store displays in our neighborhood.
One of the first things I do when we are staying in the 7e is to check the store windows to see what's new -- as there are definitely fashions in aspirateurs!
---------
Check the second picture for 2005 fashion in aspirateurs!

Rue de Levi

by bamms

There is a pedestrian-only street called "rue de Levi" where a street-market is found which is just wonderful. It was definetely one of the things I enjoyed the must on my last trip. I was lucky enough to stay about 2 blocks from it and had to pass by it every day in order to take the subway (Villiers), so I had the chance to be in it many many times.
The street market is about 4 blocks long and the food they sell in it is just amazing.
From fruits, to vegetables, to groose, to hens, to foi-gras, to paté, meat, cheese, flowers, crab, fish, etc. all you find there is premium quality (though some times premium price as well).
In the same street, there are also about three bakeries, a monoprix and many standard places to have a nice snack.
Definitely worth going to if you like to mingle with more local stuff.

Comments