Williams Opera

Satisfaction Average

Costs 27% less but rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

3-star hotel with bedbugs

We arrived at the hotel around 3 PM after a long train ride. The receptionist was nice and friendly. Our room n° 3 was on the ground floor. At first we were a bit concerned that the windows faced the street, so if we wanted privacy, we had to keep the curtains and blinds semi-closed. The room and bathroom were compact but they seemed clean, so as we wouldn't be spending a lot of time there, we didn't bother to ask for another one.

We came back to the hotel around 11 PM. We only realized how tiny the shower box was, after taking a shower. It is mostly suitable for a size zero person. I always inspect the sheets, before getting to sleep. While doing so, I noticed an insect. At first, I thought it was a spider, so I kind of screamed (I hate spiders!). I tried to have a good look at it again, just to be sure and the "thing" hid under the sheets. When I lift the sheets, there it was! I was a bit intrigued because it was too big to be a flea and besides it didn't jump. Then I thought it was some sort of dog tick (little did we know, they were actually bedbugs!!!!). After further inspection of the bed (sheets, bed cover and blanket), I found others. Meh, that made me wonder, if the blanket color (same as the bedbug) wasn't just a coincidence... Anyway, we repacked our bags, got dressed and went to the reception to complain. There were no available rooms for that night (it was almost midnight). As we refused to spend the night in room n° 3, the guy at the reception called another hotel (Hotel Royal Bergere review) and informed about our problem. They had a free room, so there we went... walking the streets of Paris to get to this hotel...

Unique Quality: Update: Once we get back home, we wrote a letter to Williams Opera hotel about the bedbugs problems and asking for an agreement (a reimbursement) or we would take legal actions against them. At first, we didn't hear anything from them, so my husband phoned them and the receptionist told him they had received the letter but the hotel manager wasn't there. She assured him that once he'd be back, he would call us. Not sure, when he'd do that, but my husband called him a few days later and finally caught the manager. He told we'd be fully reimbursed (2 nights) after we send him an e-mail describing the phone agreement. 2 or 3 days after they've received the e-mail, we were reimbursed!

Concerning the bedbugs, they said they found the nest and the problem was taken care of.

Directions: Nearest metro station: Cadet (ligne 7)

• Basic but value for money

This hotel is small but well located. My wife and I stayed in a sixth floor room for three nights. The accommodation is fine. It's basic and plain but the bed was firm, the view was good and the bathroom was clean and well appointed (good bath with fast running water). Towels were changed regularly. We hardly stayed in the room since we got up, had breakfast and hit the streets, not getting back until bedtime. Breakfast was contintental but you could eat as much as you like. I filled up and this did me until mid-afternoon. The breakfast room is tiny - but clean and service was fine. It is very well located being about 1km for the Opera area and about 2km from Louvre (and just about anywhere else in Paris). The Underground is handy (about 100m). We had no problems whatsoever during our stay. Cheap and cheerful. Recommended.

Unique Quality: Good location. Cheap. Good bed. Good breakfast. Good bathroom. Small rooms. No extra facilities (such as irons).

Directions: Near everywhere really. But quiet and no noise at night time.

Comments