1 Boulevard de la Reine, Versailles, Ile-de-France, 78000, France

Hotels.com Expedia.com Hilton.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 36% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Just far enough away from Paris

My wife and I stayed at the Trianon Palace for Easter 2012. Overall a wonderful hotel with a couple of very good restaurants (both in the Gordon Ramsey line). It is a decent walk from the Metro so you'll want to take a taxi if you have luggage or the weather is inclement.

To me, this place was perfect to get out of the hustle and bustle of Paris while still being close enough (45 minutes on the Metro) to allow you to get into the city very quickly to see the sites.

Unique Quality: Located within the grounds of the Versailles Palace sets the Trianon Palace apart from almost all other hotels out there...

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Boutique Elegance

Now part of Hilton's Waldorf-Astoria Collection of hotels, this is a small but very refined hotel. It is definitely a hotel for a splurge. It is very convenient for visiting the Palace, one entrance to the Gardens is a half block away.
    The new Pavillion, connected to the original wing by a tunnel and ground-level walkway, just doesn't exude the same ambiance and charm.
    Within the hotel are a Gordon Ramsey restaurant and a Guerlain Spa, both quite pricey, as could be expected.

Directions: On the Northern edge of Versailles

• Robachu1's Profile Photo

Next door to the Chateau

We stayed 4 nights in a "classic guest room" at $227.89 per night by booking through American Express. Our room wasn't in the main building but in the annex facing it. Didn't really matter since we were only interested in a comfortable room within easy walking distance to the Chateau de Versailles. Decent size room with a comfortable bed and all necessary amenities.
    The concierge was helpful and friendly. Internet connection was a little over-priced at 25 euros for 24 hours.

• wandabendik's Profile Photo

Very Versailles.

The service was 5* especially from the concierge, they were very informative, knew about the local area and transport services in to Paris.Gave us Timetables for the local train stations, which was faster.The normal train to Paris was off for the time we were there and took us 3 hours to get to Versailles, then 40 mins to get back to Paris from the droite station.
    The Spa was lovely, people were sun bathing on the veranda as well as being able to use the pool inside, which was large and very clean. Foot bags were to be used if you enter certain areas to keep the floor clean. pool was large so able to get some exercise.Didn't try the spa treatments as we spent most of our time away.After checking out, we asked if we could use the spa and changing areas as our flight wasn't until later that evening and it was very hot, was not a problem.
    Room was in the new wing, was very spacoius and decorated very nice, art deco style.vey grand.
    Breakfast room was lovely and everything you could dream of for breakfast all nicely laid out, will definetly return.

Unique Quality: Fabulous views of the gardens,very well maintained, inside and out the buildings.
    Beautiful decor, subtle and very relaxing in Art Deco style, lavish and flamboyant with all the modern amenities at hand.
    Charming palace, felt like a princess staying there.
    Was a Anniversary gift, it was so beautiful, will definetly go back, but next time will spend more time around the hotel.

Directions: Come out of the droite station turn left, then right and it's straight down the avenue on the right, ten euro's in a taxi.

• queenpud's Profile Photo

A Royal Retreat

Nice architecture, elegantly decorated, one feels like royalty. It's ideal for a getaway from Paris, you can relax in the garden or treat yourself to the spa. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

Enjoy it

Directions: Walking distance (10 mins) from the RER C Rive Gauche station

• Sakura_Kobe's Profile Photo

The best hotel in Versailles

Trianon Palace is one of the best in France. The building looks like a part of Versailles Palace. But the interior has somewhat modern element with basically classic building. The maintenance of the hotel is perfect. Our room was very spacious. I could see the sheep eating glass in the garden over my room window. Our room have a large bathroom, which is basically white. It was very clean.

We took dinner after swimming. The French served to us was something like what we are not familiar. It was very heavy and thick taste. In my opinion, that was very old style French dishes. This hotel has two-star restaurant. We are sure we will eat there next time.

Unique Quality: My husband likes swimming, so he wanted to swim in the hotel pool which we heard very gorgeous. It was odds my husband had to wear bathrobe from our room. He walked the hall way wearing bathrobe then took elevator to reach the pool on the basement. It was a little embarrassing. But the pool was amazing. It is shaped streamline and is very big. The several white pillars sustain the balcony on the grand floor. You must swim in this pool when you stay in this hotel.

More about Trianon Palace Hotel

Beautiful hotel, but

by TripAdvisor Member jdavis11007

The Trianon Palace is a beautiful hotel without question. In July, the roses cascading over arches and the lush greenery really make the hotel inviting and magical. We stayed in the Pavillion, which I'm told is not as nice as the main Palace building. We had no complaints about the room itself, which was sizeable with a lovely bath. In fact, we felt the Pavillion was quite luxurious, and we loved the underground tunnel passage to the pool and spa. But we did have a problem during our visit -- no air-conditioning. In July! There was indeed a vent in the room with what looked like controls, but as our room became warmer and warmer, we realized something must be wrong. We called the reception to ask for help, and they sent two gentlemen, both of whom with a rather haughty air told us the rooms in the "Pavillion" are not air-conditioned. The gentlemen seemed bewildered that we didn't know this. And they left with upturned noses and in a huff.
It is hard to believe that a hotel of this class and character would not have all air-conditioned rooms. The web site clearly says the rooms are air-conditioned. And it was one of the main reasons I booked the hotel. Nevertheless, after a complaining e-mail to Westin Customer Service a day later, the hotel sent a gracious apology and promised a reduction in our overall bill. We definitely felt better and would return in another season.
Regarding the 27 Euro breakfasts, they are indeed expensive. But when we were there they offered a special "business" package that included 24-hour internet service, access to all of the moves, and breakfast --all for about 49 Euros. That seemed more reasonable. They also let children eat breakfast free. It is a grand breakfast in a grand setting (although I didn't see any champagne.) It was fun watching the sheep graze in the pasture outside the gorgeous breakfast room window. Overall, I think this hotel's ambiance would suite the most discriminating traveler, especially if they manage to get an air-conditioned room.

Expected more...

by TripAdvisor Member AlbertR

Let's face it... When you book a Junior Suite at a "Palace" like this, you arrive filled with expectations, especially when forking out €420 / night... So, when my girlfriend and I arrived at 10pm at night (though still light out at this time of the year), we were a bit dissapointed...

The welcome was typical, nothing special. A quick check in, same as in any good Hotel, and then off (on our own) to the room, while our luggage arrived a few minutes later. The room (311) was spacious (see photos), with a really nice, high ceiling. The bed was heavenly (huge and really comfortable), and the furniture were antiques. However, in the bathroom we found that the ceiling had a big crack in the paint, and there was some grime in the toilet bowl. After some carefull inspection, it seemed to us that the room (not the furniture) needed some cleaning up, or re-carpeting and a paintjob.

The view from the room (see photos) was really majestic, overlooking a part of the park at Versailles, with some lazy sheep grazing right in from of our room.

We had booked a rate at which we were to receive a bottle of champagne and strawberries upon arriva, and a basket of fresh fruit, plus American Breakfast in the room every day (a "Romance" package).

However, I had requested that the champagne and strawberries by held until the following day, and had actually received a confirmation e-mail about this. This was because we were arriving late at the Hotel, and we would have to go straight to dinner with some friends (try the "Au Cien que Fumme" / The Smoking Dog, a really cute brasserie with great, nicely priced food, next to the fish market, about 15 minutes walk from the Hotel). However, upon arrival, the champagne (a half bottle of an unknown brand) and a fruit basket had been placed in the room. I told this to the staff at the reception, and they assured me that we would get what we asked for. The following day we went to Paris, where we spent the whole day, and then when we came back the same bottle of champagne (now lukewarm) the same basket of fruit (the stawberries has started to turn bad) and a small plate with some chopped strawberries were waiting for us...

I asked about breakfast in the room at the reception, and was told to fill out the "hanger" menu and leave it hanging from the door knob. OK, but there was no "American" breakfast option on the menu... So we simply chose to avaoid any confusion, and went to the breakfast room instead. Breakfast was nothing special. Runny scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, croissants, etc. The highlight was the freshly squeezed orange juice. The downside the inadequate service (took too long to get a pot of coffee, and the staff was in a foul mood).

On the second night we ordered room service. For a Hotel that boasts a 2 star restaurant, the selection of the room servicemenu is surprisingly sparce, and highly priced. We ordered some pasta with tomato sauce, a cheeseburger and a focachia, and paid €82... And the food was not that good.

We also visited the spa and indoor pool area, though we did not use any of the facilities, which looked very nice. Also, I have to say that the area where the Hotel is located is beautiful, right next to one of the entrances of the Versailles complex. The Hotel gardens are very beautiful as well, and very well kept.

At checkout, I had been charged extra for the champagne and strawberries (84 Euro) plus 12 Euro from another guest, who had signed his room number on a check for soft drinks that had my room number on it, clearly a mistake by the Hotel. Thank God I always check the bill carefully. After a while, and after having to go through every single item on the bill, which was checked and double checked by the guy at the receptio, who could not believe that there were any mistakes at first, they took out 84 Euro for the champagne and the 12 Euro of the other guest.

While I was signing the credit card receipt, for 935,24 Euro, for 2 nights and 1 room service charge, I could not help feeling like it simply was not worth so much money. With this kind of rate we could have stayed at a really nice place in Paris.

I will not return, at least not for such a rate.

Pavillion not that bad...

I've stayed at the Trianon a dozen times now and have always been in the Pavillion 'annex'.
I find it perfectly comfortable and clean and by European standards the rooms are large and open. Hotel is in a great location and I have always found the staff friendly and helpful. TV has a good selection of English-speaking channels; not important for busy tourists, but if you are just wanting to kick-back after a long day this is quite good.

The Spa and pool in the Trianon are luxurious, although I admit to feeling a little 'second class' walking around in my boardy shorts!

The main negative point for me is that the breakfast is hopelessly over-priced.

Dirty, awful service, poor value

My husband and I stayed at the Trianon for two nights at the end of our week long stay in France. It was a real down turn at the end of a lovely holiday.

We had paid £150 a night for our hotel (no breakfast), which was paid in full in advance. However when we checked in, the receptionist told us they wanted a copy of our bank card. They said they did not accept our bank card (despite it having been accepted everywhere else we have used it in the world) and that we would have to pay a deposit of EUR180. We were annoyed as we were tired, having driven hours to get there, plus we had already paid in full! We said we only had EUR80. The receptionist said "we'll take that then". I explained this was all we had on us and that would leave us with no money, but they would not allow us to check in otherwise. Shocking treatment.

When we got to the room we were shocked. It is like an old people's home. The blankets and curtains have lived through a few wars from the looks of it. The room was filthy. Black dust on the skirting boards. Plus when we showered, the bath blocked up and all this hair (not ours) would swim around our ankles/calves. If you have any breathing issues (hayfever, dust allergy, asthma), do not stay here. I have never slept somewhere so dusty. I could barely sleep it was so bad.

The bathroom has not been updated for some 20 odd years from the looks of it. Tiles are chipped etc. Bath is discoloured.

Food etc is also a no, no. Breakfast is EUR29 for pastries and coffee. In the main restaurant, a main course costs approx. EUR80. Given the state of the hotel, I would not expect it to be a great meal either.

I strongly recommend that you do not stay here.

Stay here only if you get a great rate

by TripAdvisor Member Love2TravelVA

Our family of 3 (2 adults and a teenager) stayed at the Pavilion. We got an excellent rate of $150/night from Travel Zoo. The rate included a breakfast buffet for all of us. We called the hotel to verify that there would be no additional charge for a rollaway (most European hotels charge for extra bedding for childred older than 12) and had a name of the person we talked to. The hotel billed our credit card 150 Euros instead of dollars as deposit. However, they noticed the error and issued a credit for the difference almost immediately on their own. When we checked in, we were told that breakfast was NOT included in the rate. In fact, the clerk said he'd never heard of such a cheap rate. We insisted and he talked to a coworker who said that we were correct (looking back at it, I should have printed the rate information from Travel Zoo and brough it with me). So, all was well. The room showed ware and didn't looked dusty (no sweet sleeper bed, either). The bathroom was fine, (had bathrobes and slippers). We had a view of the main building and that looked beautiful. The breakfast was very good especially since it was free. I would not have paid full price for it. Overall, this was an unremarkable hotel in a great location. We had dinner and lunch the next day at the Royal Crappery (10 minute walk from the hotel). The food and service were excellent. Try the cider - it's really good.

Grand Trianon PalaceGrand Trianon Palace