Avenue De La Grande Plage

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Le Barcarès

transport to Le Barcares and Porte Leucate

by bellamarina

Hi I have a dilemma I am flying into Perpignan on 6 Dec arriving at 10 minutes to 5pm. I can get the bus to Perpignan bus station but I cannot find the itinerary for a bus going to either Le Barcares or Port Leucate. If I could get a bus to Le Barcares I do not mind walking the rest of the way. I do not like getting a taxi as i am a bit claustrophic. I could even spend the night in Perpignan and get the bus the next day. I have looked on the internet but cannot see a bus service to either Le Barcares or Porte Leucate but I do remember often taking the bus. Can anyone either tell me the web page for the bus timetable etc or any information I would be grateful for.
thank you so much elizabethgreco@hotmail.com

Re: transport to Le Barcares and Porte Leucate

by qaminari

Cars Maillols in St. Hippolyte, tel. (33)(0)4.68.28.31.93 or 04.68.59.67.07 or 04.68.35.29.02 / Fax : 04.68.59.67.07 runs from Perpignan railway station to Port Leucate all year round but I couldn't find a timetable on a website, the town's website just says "Horaires disponibles à l'Office du Tourisme" (info@leucate.net)
For the bus station in Perpignan you can phone (33)(0)4.68.35.29.02

Re: transport to Le Barcares and Porte Leucate

by Beausoleil

This is a .pdf file with the bus schedule and correspondence information. If you can't download it, try the Port Leucate web site at http://www.leucate.net/pages/in/in_index.asp?num=74&pere=0

There is a phone number and correspondence information.

Enjoy your trip.

Travel Tips for Le Barcarès

Sky, sea, lakes, natural and man-made beauty.

by Bluebell2008

Blue skies, hot sun, often slight breeze so the very hot weather is more bearable; huge, perfect golden beach, (10km long) fringed with cafes, shops, parks, and sculptures, constant view of the Pyrenees and Mount Canigou; leisure centres, lakes, water-sports of all kinds, casinos, pinewoods, camping, hotels, night-spots, funfairs, fishing. Le Barcares is a purpose built holiday town built around an original fishing village. It has a very relaxed atmosphere, rather like a garden suburb, but with a very Catalan flavour. Lots of open markets, cycle hire (it's all accessible by bike and all on the level) and although it has all the facilities of a holiday town, you are never far from an area of real natural beauty. A whole family could come here, from granny and grandpa, parents, single 20-somethings, teenagers, down to tiny tos, and they would all find something to please them. It is close to Perpignan (airport, railway station). I miss the scenery, the friendly people, the wonderful food. Luckily I live here most of the year; I hate to leave it, and I can never wait to go back to it.

Comments