Hotel Helios

12 rue du Labech, Mont Saint Martin, Cap-d'Agde, 34300, France
Hotel Helios
Booking.com Travelocity Hotel Website

More about Le Cap d'Agde

Cap d'Agde, Musée de l'Ephèbe, gunsCap d'Agde, Musée de l'Ephèbe, guns

Map of AqualandMap of Aqualand

What do you call a fish with no eyes?  fsh!What do you call a fish with no eyes? fsh!

Every day,I left the back gate and wandered off toEvery day,I left the back gate and wandered off to

Best Eating places in Cap d'Agde

by beanyboy

I'm back again and seeking answers if available.

If there is anyone looking in that IS'NT A NUDIE ie, NOT of the naturist persuasion AND likes to eat out in the Town/Harbour Area of Cap d'Agde I would appreciate it if you could give us a recommendation or 6.

Or for that matter any where in the area such as the Rochelongue or Port Ambonne
etc etc anywhere off of the naturist quarter.

A couple of good restaurant recommendations would be much appreciated

by beanyboy

Hi Guys ...I'm putting my own Postscipt onto this 'cos i have said Port Ambonne in error. As that is in the Naturist Quarter we do not require recomm's from there thanks.

by AngLangS

La Marine in the harbour is good, if you walk over to the Avant Port area there are a number of good restaurents, also in the Mole you will find a couple of good ones.

Further away, in Agde, there are a number of good restaurants alongside the river, and even further try Sete - same thing the riverside restaurants are brill, especially on Market day (Wednesday, I think)

I know everyone is put off by the nudists but the only bare bottoms I have seen are on 12 month old children - and I've been going for over 14 years.

by beanyboy

Thanks AngLangs for your reply.I appreciate it.

Can you put any names to those restaurants that you recommend ? especially over in Avant Port.

We've tried the 'ol La Marine but got caught in the seasonal hub-hub I'm afraid and it did not strike us as being too special AND we would prefer a NOT ALL Fish establishment if we could. However and without being over fussy I'm open to all suggestions.

T'would be good to know of any good suggestions in Agde too if you can remember them.

It is ACTUAL personal recommendations that we are after if it is at all possible.

We've been going there for a whilecourselves but as I said would like to make a change this year.

By the way Market Day in Agde is Thursday.

Many thanks again.

by beanyboy

Just re-read your reply again and of course you were referring to Sete and right again ...Market day is Wednesday. Apologies for that.

by tashski

You have probably been and gone on holidays by this time, sorry, only now read your post.....I would recommend restaurant in Place St Clar, owned by Gary and Val....nice couple, Gary is english, Val is French......called Pitchouns...very friendly people and every time I have been it has been very good food. Price is about the same as anywhere near/on harbour front.
Hope the information may be useful next time you travel to Cap.

by beanyboy

Hi Tashski Long time no visit. But like you we were regular visitors to Gary and Vals place " le Pichoun". We learned earlier on this year ( in fact it happened when we were actually there) that Gaz had sold the place to a French guy. We left the following day after saying our thanks and farewells to Gary. He certainly did run a great place there. Whether or not the new chap will be as good or any better we wont find out until we go again (hopefully ) this year 2010. Do you have any more up to date news about that ? Or does anybody?

cheers

Travel Tips for Le Cap d'Agde

Plongee

by tashski

There are loads of diving shops situated around Le Cap D'agde, and loads of yachts offering diving trips. Unfortunately, even though my friend is a diving fan, when we last visited he was unable to go due to bad weather (well, it was February!) Having spoken to local diving enthuasists, I was informed the scuba diving is not particularly good in this area, but as I havnt ever dived I really can't give an opinion on this. As I don't dive myself, I wouldn't know where to start in recommending any particular place or company to use. Perhaps you could contact the local tourist office for up to date and accurate information, and get recommendations from them. Every time I have spoken to them I have been able to speak English to the person, and they have always been really helpful and friendly. Their website is www.capdagde.com

Comments