La Voile d'Or

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Le Cap d'Agde

Residence groundsResidence grounds

Came across this on our walk around townCame across this on our walk around town

Practically deserted - in August!Practically deserted - in August!

Markets outside the naturist quarter!Markets outside the naturist quarter!

Changing Travellers Cheques in Cap d'Agde Banks

by beanyboy

I reckon I've got more chance on winning the Lottery than getting a reply to this ( based the fact that I posed a question in 2005 and it is still unanswered) Note:That question is still on the page but does not now require a reply.

Anyhow , Current question and it is really aimed at the NON Nudist crowd.
(Some of us go to Cap:D. for other reasons than the Naturist requirement)

Does anyone happen to know (ie perhaps Fred , who lives there,) if or which of the Banks will change Euro Visa Travellers Cheques. I was kinda hoping that Fred might even give them a ring to find out for me. But If I presume too much I apologise and hope that some one else has had experience of favouable exchange

Thanks in advance

by Beausoleil

If you don't already have the Travellers Cheques, it would actually be easier to just get cash at a bank machine with your debit card. Your credit card would also work but fees are usually higher than with a debit card.

BTW, I hope you win the lottery . . . LOL

by mpprh

Hi

I've been travelling extensively in Europe for many years.
I haven't used travellers cheques since 1992.

I believe they are about to be phased out.

I buy enough currency in advance for immediate needs, then use debit/credit cards.

Peter

RE: RE: Changing Travellers Cheques in Cap d'Agde Banks

Thanks LOL and Peter
I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to reply.

Yes ,I suppose I am being a bit of a dinosaur for trying to stick to T/chq's.

I just liked the idea of caahing up a bunch of cash and keeping it in the Hotel safe to withdraw bits of it each day INSTEAD of having the daily grind of finding or going to an ATM ech day or every other day.

But Peter , you are right , it certainly looks as if the days of Travellers Cheques , in France anyway, are over.

best regards

Ken B.

by Beausoleil

LOL is computer talk for Laughing Out Loud. It would be a fun name though! I seem to recall a LOL on "As Time Goes By" on BBC. Wasn't he the handyman?

You can take a bunch of cash out of the ATM and put it in the hotel safe also. It doesn't have to be Travelers Cheques. We usually don't visit an ATM more than once a week unless we run into quite a few places that won't take a credit card. Cash is quickly becoming a nuisance.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

RE: RE: Changing Travellers Cheques in Cap d'Agde Banks

by beanyboy

Sorry about that Beau......

Trust me to get hold of the wrong end etc...

Points taken and thanks.

Cheers

Travel Tips for Le Cap d'Agde

Le Beau Langedoc Roussillon

by astro_kerryn

"Victoria"

Beautiful Victoria, the neice of friend Jean Francios! What would I have done without his culinary verbal coaching!!!??!!

French kids are soooo confident and bright, not at all like Australian kids, she certainly opened my eyes!

Nestled on the mediterranean coast, Le cap d'Agde is situation on the Herault coastline at the heart of a region boasting a wealth of nature, history, culture and architecture, the Langedoc Roussillon.

To the east are the barrier beaches sandwiched between the sea and lakes as far as the Camargue and also Sete and Montpellier along the way.

To the north, the countryside with its picturesque villages, numerous historic sites and beautiful scenery extends a warm welcome.

To the west, follow the Canal du Midi, which is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and visit the proud cities of Beziers, Narbonne and Carcassonne...

"My boat at the Marina (yeah right!!!)"

The air here is filled with the smell of lavender, honey suckle and frangipani, I have smelt nothing so beautiful!! The light is etheral in quality, dreamy, clear and clean. The region is an atmospheric delight in spring!

There are several area's within d'Adge including a naturist quarter where some 60,000 nudist decend upon the area over summer. Keep in mind that everyone is generally naked, including bank staff, post office staff and shop staff! I must admit, the clubs and bars are not for the faint hearted!

The area I stayed in is where most residents live, and they arn't generally naturists!

Here are some interesting sites if you want more information

Cap d'Agde - "The Naked City"
How to get naked in France

"Bibine"

Little french kitty "Bibine" in her kitty hammock! She belongs to my lovely host in cap d'agde

Comments