Heliotel Montpellier

Satisfaction Poor

More about Montpellier

Montpellier Pilgrims' HospitalMontpellier Pilgrims' Hospital

The Approach to the PromenadeThe Approach to the Promenade

Arc de Triomphe, Montpellier, France 2009Arc de Triomphe, Montpellier, France 2009

Antigone main streetAntigone main street

Waxing places in Montpellier

by lisacoppini

Does anyone recommend a waxing/beauty salon in Montpellier centre? First time waxer and do not want anything to go wrong!?

Many thanks

Lisa

by ATLC

Google for 'salon de beauté Montpellier' and you'll get a map and addresses with beauty parlours.

by alza

i could ask my cousin who lives there about waxing where nothing goes wrong... but sure she wouldn't know.
I live in Montreal and know it well but still made a mistake getting a simple facial this summer... I never had waxing and don't plan on starting either...
anyway although I know my city, I was in a rush and chose a place for a facial that looked okay.

They did not give me a relaxing facial as I'm used to. They did something called threading that left my face red and burning for days. The facial from hell!

I don't believe anymore that one can do a first time anything in a city one doesn't know and expect to be sure nothing goes wrong. Good luck!
A personal recommendation (which is what you ask, I know) would be best. But my cousin is too old now, she doesn't get facials anymore and I doubt she ever got waxed... so can't ask her. Try to find someone from Montpellier who knows about beauty salons and get a personal recommendation for extra-careful treatment.

by CatherineReichardt

Hi Lisa
Have been waxing for years, and the only real problem I've ever encountered is where the wax has been too hot - if in doubt, ask to feel it with your finger first (any reputable beautician won't have a problem with you doing that): if it's too hot for your finger, then it's way too hot for your leg! I find that waxing is certainly more practical and low maintenance than hacking at yourself with a razor when you're travelling (particularly important if you're travelling in the tropics where cuts can get easily infected), but then again, I have a high pain threshold, and am assured by my beautician that I am the only person she has ever known fall asleep during a legwax (my excuse is that I was a sleep-deprived new mother at the time)!
If you would like to (vicariously) experience a strong contender for 'the most bizarre legwax ever', have a look at my Sandakan page - hopefully your Montpellier experience will be a little more conventional than my Borneo one!
Regards Cathy

Travel Tips for Montpellier

Wine

by GUYON

Jeannette (a VT member) says I speak too much about wine. Never mind, I give you the address to visit if you want to taste and to buy some wines of the area : Chateau la Peyrade. They are less known than the Bordeaux or the Bourgogne. So, they are cheaper but good also.
My preferite : Faugere (red), Muscat de Frontignan (sweet white).

Cerdan

by Suet about Cerdan

A delightful and resonably priced restaurant. We were cutting cost at this point 11 may 2010 as we had been in Montpellier for over a week. They did a really good formule at 13.50 each. We didn't have wine that night, resting the jolly old liver you know, so we paid 27 Euros.

Enjoy LE-GRAU-DU-ROI a modern...

by sandravdp

Enjoy LE-GRAU-DU-ROI a modern town at the beach. You can discodance all night long here, visit the lunapark (funfair) and enjoy the beach. Also horsebackriding is possible (the one on the yellow Palomino horse is me). Find out all about it in my TRAVELLOGUE!

France v England - Le Tournoi June 1997

by MUFConTour

"A hell of a trip"

For some strange reason which I still cant work out we set off from home late evening and drove non stop from the North East to Montpellier, arriving late afternoon the following day - dont do it!
There were 6 of us in a people carrier but only 3 drivers, and when i took over in Calais there was only 1 - the other 2 started drinking on the ferry and got pissed!
Constantly baracked from a drunken *** layed out in the back saying repeatedly - We wont get a drink, we wont get anywhere to stay and we wont get a ticket for the match - it was a hellish journey!
Isnt it strange however how things change!
Once we arrived at Montpellier, got our bearings and headed for the camping grounds around the coastal area of Lattes, within an hour of pulling up at the first campsite we'd come across we were sat in the Place De Comedie, pint in hand, match ticket in pocket and tent pitched!
On the way in the taxi to the City I, pigeon French, asked the driver about tickets, he seemed to understand, anyway got on his blower and was rabbiting to someone (The same guy in the back said he was going to take us to some back street and dive and we'd get worked over by the local Montpellier Tifosi) and he proceeded to take a building where he gesticulated for us to go in - looked like a building society or bank. Anyway when we went in it must have been the town centre ticket office for the club as we had in no time Match tickets in the main stand at face value! What a result!

"Match day"