L'Oustau Camarguen Montpellier

3, route des Marines, Port Camargue, Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, 30240, France
L'Oustau Camarguen
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Montpellier

Another ViewAnother View

Gare de Montpellier Saint Roch, France, 2009Gare de Montpellier Saint Roch, France, 2009

Nike and the amphitheatre  at nightNike and the amphitheatre at night

La vieille villeLa vieille ville

Car parking?

by ktselios

I am planning to visit Montpellier with my own car from Germany, for 2 weeks. I was wondering where should I park my car during my stay. Are there any free parking lots, or should I park my car on streets?

In general, where should I seek for parking? I would prefer for free and secure parking, since I will not use the car every day. I wouldn't like to pay any ticket for irregular parking neither my car to be stolen!

Thanks

PS I will not stay in a hotel, but in a friend of mine, in her apartment.

RE: Car parking?

by Beausoleil

This may seem silly, but why not ask your friend about parking? If she lives there, she must know where you could park. She may even have another friend who could offer you free secure parking.

You can check most maps of Montpellier and there will be a large white P in a blue box. That is public parking although you may have to pay.

RE: RE: Car parking?

by ktselios

Your answer is logic, but I was seeking for an answer from a local person or a person who had a similar experience. To be honest, I have already searched some Montpellier maps.

Anyway, thanks...

RE: RE: Car parking?

by jamesfmunro

I agree - ask your friend. Montpellier is a big town, so parking will vary in different places. I will say this: the centre of Montpellier is very much a Mediterranean city. Streets are very narrow and there are many opportunities for a car to be damaged. Also, when I was there in September last year, many of the city’s roads were being dug up / diverted for the construction of a new transport system, so parking may be difficult in some areas.

RE: Car parking?

by mpprh

Hi

the roadworks for the new tramline 2. That work is pretty well finished.

However, Montpellier centre is very pedestrianised and a car is a liability.

If you are staying in the centre, look out for parking further out & near a tram stop.

Peter

Travel Tips for Montpellier

Place de la Comedie

by barryg23

Life in Montpellier is centred around Place La Comedie, a large open-spaced square in the town centre. It is mostly pedestrianized, though the tram does pass through it. Most of Montpellier's shopping areas, restaurants and cafes are found on the square or on the many streets branching out from it.

Montpellier le Vieux

by JLBG

25 km away from Millau, Montpellier-le-Vieux is an out of the beaten track place that is really worth a visit (5 euros). On the whole surface of the site, dolomitic rocks have been carved by water and wind to make the figure of a ruined city. It is called a ''mega lapiaz''.

See also Aveyron and the famous cave Aven-Armandl

Visit the Cathédrale Saint...

by holligolytly

Visit the Cathédrale Saint Pierre
I know I know...not another church you say. But this is really worth seeing. It is very pretty. This cathedral was a Benedictine Monastery built in 1364 before becoming the Headquarters of the Faculté de Médecine

Montpellier

by Dee22

"A beautiful city in southern France"

I've had the pleassure of visiting Montpellier a couple of times to participate in their big national petanque tournament (French game), and got the chance to to see some of the city at the same time.
This is a beautiful city, with lots of cafes and shops.

Around Montpellier

by ghavaneyk

"Around Monpellier"

Quite near to Montpellier is the harbour town Sète with excellent fish restaurants but even more famous for its "joutes". That is a spectacular competition with two ships in the harbour every weekend in the season. With a long lance you have to put your adversery from his feet and in the water while the two boats, one of the REDS and one of the BLUES, are passing by.
I was lucky with my picture because both parties got from their feet. You can just see the red and the blue lances above the water

Both knights under water ...

Also in that region you find typical bridges (most of them) made by Eiffel, yes, of the Eiffel tower and the Liberty statute in New York.
I made a special Travelogue about this bridge of Cessenon sur Orb as part of my France page.
Here a view on the hill-fortress of Cessenon sur Orb from the bridge. This kind of fortresses you see more. E.g. in Olargues, also a beautifil little town to discover and not (yet!) turned into a souvenir shop

Comments