Hotel Le Paris Barcelone

West Front of CathedralWest Front of Cathedral

clock towerclock tower

Visting in July 2008 - Getting to the rugby ground and things to do

by rhinos4ever

Hi Coming over for the Leeds Rhinos game, staying in Perpigan Friday to the Wednesday. We have booked a hotel in the south of Perpignan and hired a car. What is the best method of getting to the Rugby game i.e. Bus from the centre or is it easy to park near the ground.

Also any suggests for what to do during the day in and around Perpigan and at night. We are both foodies.

Re: Visting in July 2008 - Getting to the rugby ground and things to do

by berlingirl84

Hi there,

if you like red wine, drive to Banyuls sur mer. Buy some Banyuls and Colliure there. You can taste it. It is in the road leading to the station. Don´t buy wine at the shops at the beach. There it is overpriced and the quality is not the best.

Banyuls is almost 30km from Perpignan.

Best wishes from Berlin,
Stine

Re: Visting in July 2008 - Getting to the rugby ground and things to do

by rbg

I'm irish and living in Perpignan. You will be spolit for choice re restos in Perpignan.
Are you on a budget or is the sky the limit for eating out. Let me know and I can suggest my favourites near you ..where are you staying?
There will be buses running from the Castillet to the stadium ( it's only a 20 min walk from the city anyway at a good pace)

The French tour co do organised tours in English. They do an excellent wine tour:

www.thefrenchtourco.com

Travel Tips for Perpignan

The big name places for beaching

by Pierre_Rouss

The big name places for beaching are Canet-Plage, Argelès-Plage, Ste-Marie-Plage and Port Barcarès.
Lots of accommodations, although not that many public beach accesses if you are just coming for a day from inland.

See the Palace of the Kings of Majorca

by hquittner

Some distance south of the center of Perpignan is the large enclosed area that holds the Palace of the Kings of Majorca. The outer wall is composed of ramparts which are entered through a vaulted brick wall which then enters a garden. This leads to an inner courtyard. Before this are a stone sculpture entrance. and a wide ramp that serves as a riding entry and ultimately the apartments.

South of France

by JulesH

This page is about all the palces I've visited in the south of france region. My family is from France, so I spent most of my childhood travelling with my parents and brother around the villages and smaller towns of France. It was my mother's aim to get to know the real France, and to that end, it never really felt as if we were in a foreign country as the townsfolk we met always treated us us as their own family! I will always love France, and fully expect my parents to retire there...hmmm, a holiday home!

Gorge near the Grottes de Clamouse, Southern France