Saint-Paul-de-Fenouillet Hotels

• TygerLyn profile photo TygerLyn
  • Reviews: 63

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

L'Agly" Camping Site: St Paul's camping ground

This site has 42 pitches but several are not individual. The one I was on had room for three tents, or two tents and two cars or a large caravan and car. So if you are in a tent with or without a car expect to share a pitch. I was lucky, I had a pitch all to myself but I was out of season (end of June).

There are the usual facilities, toilets, showers, washing machines etc. There is a barbecue area and some benches and I sat out several evenings watching the sunset and eating my supper. There is not much of a view but you do have your back to the site and also a screening of bamboo in front of you. There are very few houses visible as the site is on the edge of St Paul.

"Quiet" animals are allowed although I didn't see any. (I have never known a "quiet" dog in France, they seem to come alive at 1:0 a.m!)

The owners are friendly and have a large map of the area on the wall and are happy to hand out verbal information and brochures. There are plenty of recycling bins beside the site including one (Brits please note) for Tetrapacks!

Being on the edge of this town it is quite plain and sanitised, it is not rural and there isn't a play area for children (go to the one at Fenouillet for that - which is more rural).
I wouldn't suggest that this is a site for children, too close to a main road and a tidy trot to the local indoor swimming pool. But it has good shopping facilities (excellent post ofice and magazine shop - magaziens in all languages) and several bars. There is a market twice a week.

Very useful site, onhe edge of a town with plenty of facilites both in town and on site but lacks the gentle ambience of the Fenouillet site. However, if you are back packing it is in easy reach of the bus stop!

• Opinion of Price: about average