1-3 Rue Elisee Reclus, Boulevard du General de Gaulle, Paris, 94270, France

Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• lauren.brown's Profile Photo

The worst hotel i have ever stayed in!!!

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Porte d’Italie from the 4th December- 9th. To say that we were less than satisfied with our accommodation would be a substantial understatement, I have never been so poorly treated and violated in my entire life!! We (two women aged 21&26) had travelled to Paris to shop and see the sights and had basic expectations of the hotel. Primarily this seemed to be the case, the rooms were small but clean enough so with this we were content. However, on the 2nd day of our excursion, we returned to our room in the evening after spending the day in Notre dame. Where initially everything appeared to be fine, it was obvious the room had been cleaned yet everything appeared to be in order. Never the less this couldn’t have been further from the truth. We had both PADLOCKED our possessions in our suitcases, as on arrival we were not given the option to purchase a safety deposit box. My friend noticed her padlock had moved slightly to the other side of her suitcase and the combination of numbers she had originally left had changed!! Immediately she opened her suitcase and to our distress discovered that the envelope formerly withholding her Euros for the entire trip was empty and her IPod missing!!! Therefore I instantly went to my suitcase (which also had the padlock still intact) to evidently reveal that my money was also gone!! Hysterically and astonished we went to reception where we explained what had happened. We could not believe how unsympathetic and blasé the hotel staff were, they just muttered to each other in French and pointed us in the direction of the police station. The fact that they were so relaxed made it obvious that this was a regular occurrence. When we finally arrived at the police station we were informed to return the following day as by now it was too late for anything to be done. The following day we returned and waited four hours for an English speaking police officer who basically recorded the incident and gave us a report but said that they could not do anything about it. When we returned to the hotel we asked for the manager Mr Lambert as we had now no money for food or anything for the rest of the duration, he was also very unsympathetic and actually quite smug about the fact that the police were unable to do anything. As the conversation got more heated a Malaysian couple overheard and informed us that earlier on that morning they had their Iphone stolen out of their room, so it was obvious what was going on! Needless to say this was not the break we were hoping for, we felt so unsafe in the hotel that for the rest of our trip we slept with a chair against the door, we were never offered a free meal or anything as the hotel would not admit any responsibility although it was clearly a member of their staff and under their premises!! I would never visit or recommend this hotel, I took comfort in the “holiday Inn” name and reputation when booking, it is sure that in the future I will not be so naive. This was the worst holiday of my life and its a shame that this incident has tarnished my opinion of such a beautiful city!!

Unique Quality: they steal from thier guest when they are not in the rooms!!!

Directions: ...